NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean neca releases their figures when they say....on their eBay store but take forever to ship to retailers like bbts.

Another freak brought up the Chinese New Year coming up, so that's more delays lol

For Donnie? I doubt it... Raph won't be out til Feb/March at the earliest. Every three months or so they say.

Thats not til January 28 2017. So would even affect Raph realistically. Since it would be around Feb or March for his release.

Neca is usually very fast. They wont wait two yrs to release something.

Yeah they are pretty quick for releases.... I was never expecting Donnie in June anyways... I always expect an delay or two. NECA never has delays like Mondo does....

Still faster turnaround than mondo lol

Mondo's Turtles was revealed LAST YEAR... And still NOT one Turtle is out yet... Pathetic...

To be fair these are two very different companies. NECA has been in the action figure industry for well over a decade and all that experience helps them to have a better understanding of the production process and to build a more accurate release schedule. Mondo is a small art/film studio in the very early stages of their venture into the toy/collectible industry. There are bound to be some speed bumps and a steep learning curve along the way that lead to these types of delays.

Having said that, NECA revealed the fully sculpted prototype for Donnie at New York Toy Fair in February and had a placard with a Q2 2016 release date at that time. Q2 is April-June. Now we are looking at late October at the earliest unless it has completed production and is on a boat right now. So NECA's original release date has slipped at least 4 months, possibly 5 just this year. Let's not pretend that they don't experience delays. It happens to everybody, even the veterans of the industry.

To be fair these are two very different companies. NECA has been in the action figure industry for well over a decade and all that experience helps them to have a better understanding of the production process and to build a more accurate release schedule. Mondo is a small art/film studio in the very early stages of their venture into the toy/collectible industry. There are bound to be some speed bumps and a steep learning curve along the way that lead to these types of delays.

Having said that, NECA revealed the fully sculpted prototype for Donnie at New York Toy Fair in February and had a placard with a Q2 2016 release date at that time. Q2 is April-June. Now we are looking at late October at the earliest unless it has completed production and is on a boat right now. So NECA's original release date has slipped at least 4 months, possibly 5 just this year. Let's not pretend that they don't experience delays. It happens to everybody, even the veterans of the industry.

NECA has stated several times that thier Turnaround time for figures is anywhere from 8-12 months.

NECA has stated several times that thier Turnaround time for figures is anywhere from 8-12 months.

I'm sure that's the case, but it doesn't change the fact that when they showed the prototype in February they had a release date of Q2 2016 clearly displayed with the figure. This is why retailers had a June release date for a long time. It was the information that NECA provided directly to them. If it was not accurate than there is no one to blame but NECA. The point is even with NECA's long history in the action figure industry, they still miss their release dates and have delays. That's why I cut the folks at Mondo some slack. Even the big dogs have trouble keeping on schedule.

Last edited:
I'm sure that's the case, but it doesn't change the fact that when they showed the prototype in February they had a release date of Q2 2016 clearly displayed wiht the figure. This is why retailers had a June release date for a long time. It was the information that NECA provided directly to them. If it was not accurate than there is no one to blame but NECA. The point is even with NECA's long history in the action figure industry, they still miss their release dates and have delays. That's why I cut the folks at Mondo some slack. Even the big dogs have trouble keeping on schedule.

With NECA or any figure release I take it with a grain of salt..... I expect pretty much every NECA release to be delayed once or twice.... NECA explained why they delayed Donnie. So I'm not really upset by it.... The Donnie now is 100x better than the proto we saw in February.

Mondo has also explained their delays with a couple video updates as they continue to work out the kinks with the final product. All I'm saying is we shouldn't bash Mondo for the delays and forget that this happens quite often with other companies. Like all of you I just hope the final products from Mondo are the quality we expect due to the extended production timeline. I'm sure they know just as well as we do that if these aren't up to par the line could be dead on arrival. I will hope for the best as I'm really excited about the style of these Turtles.

Mondo has also explained their delays with a couple video updates as they continue to work out the kinks with the final product. All I'm saying is we shouldn't bash Mondo for the delays and forget that this happens quite often with other companies. Like all of you I just hope the final products from Mondo are the quality we expect due to the extended production timeline. I'm sure they know just as well as we do that if these aren't up to par the line could be dead on arrival. I will hope for the best as I'm really excited about the style of these Turtles.

Yeha true but for Mondos price they could have atleast used soft goods for belts,knee pads, and elbow pads for being 1/6.... Even NECA Turtles thier belts,knee pads, and elbow pads are all separate pieces. Same with thier Batman, the cape should have been cloth for being 1/6.

I asked NECA about Donnie's boxart just a few more weeks for the Boxart.

Back