NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im actually starting to prefer these 1/4 scale over the possible 7 inch versions we might see in a few years. Ideally i would love them between 9-12 but the 1/4 just has sooo much detail that im willing to base my entire bookcase around them..

Wow. I know lighting is everything, but if that's what we're getting for a production piece...man, that's impressive.

Yeah I wish I could find an better pic to compare it to but every one of the SDCC pics I have saved are like that(the proto)

Best I could do with out it looking over exposed

protovsprod.jpg

I think a critical aspect of these figures is gonna be the eyes. If NECA can pull off a wet/glossy look to them, *****ckin home run.

I think a critical aspect of these figures is gonna be the eyes. If NECA can pull off a wet/glossy look to them, *****ckin home run.

Thats the only thing I'm worried about. Eyes never have been Neca's strong point...

Yeah I wish I could find an better pic to compare it to but every one of the SDCC pics I have saved are like that(the proto)

Best I could do with out it looking over exposed

View attachment 292359

Paint job, lighting and filter and also camera. Goes a long way. The sculpts are exactly the same.
It was like comparing pictures of the 1:4 movie Batman.

Just buy gloss sealant at hobby lobby and add 2-3 coats on eyes. It will really make them pop. I'll paint them for people here if they don't want to. It's a super easy mod.

Just buy gloss sealant at hobby lobby and add 2-3 coats on eyes. It will really make them pop. I'll paint them for people here if they don't want to. It's a super easy mod.

these are the type of posts i really appreciate, im a noob and these 1/4 turtles brought me to this forum. Ill will look for some next time i take a trip to michaels, thanks!

I honestly doubt these will be an flop... The only 1/4 of Neca's I can think of an flop is the Man of Steel Superman's.

I'm a picky mother____er with NECA. :lol But I'll gladly eat crow when it's appropriate. Certainly hope I do with these.

They can definitely pile on the gloss coat with their Alien stuff. I just hope the irises/pupils will be painted cleanly. A brown circle with a smaller black circle in the middle. How hard can it be?

My biggest concern is their ability to recreate the yellow blemishes and darker areas of the skin. Hopefully it'll look more airbrushed and less drybrushed. The latter results in a toyish, "painted" look.

Last edited:
Damn Donnie does look really good there. And I didnt realise he would come with accessories too until now. If he comes out this good in the mass release then I am sold on getting all of these guys, especially Leo and Mikey.

TMNT.gif

I love it :woo
Man I watched the recent Turtles movie and it's so gimmicky. The most disappointing things were the foot soldiers(where were they?) and the fact that it contains little to no martial arts or ninjitsu :lol So it's more like Teenage Mutant Turtles :lol

Anyway it made me appreciate the older movies more and that makes me more excited for these :blissy

TMNT.gif

I love it :woo
Man I watched the recent Turtles movie and it's so gimmicky. The most disappointing things were the foot soldiers(where were they?) and the fact that it contains little to no martial arts or ninjitsu :lol So it's more like Teenage Mutant Turtles :lol

Anyway it made me appreciate the older movies more and that makes me more excited for these :blissy

Looking back at the first original movie and when it was released it always amazes me how much darkness they got away with. Kind of the same way they did with the transformers animated movie. Both movies toed the line of still kid friendly but dark enough for you to question if said movie really is just for kids.

Back