NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just sucks to lose these due to Neca's ****** website. The first day was my fault (used Paypal) but the other 2 days I did everything right and got ****ed due to the waiting line and shipping. Still blows my mind that Neca didn't do 1 per on the last day. Whatever...

I've got the all of the 1/4's Turtles, but if they do end up doing Shredder and more characters it's going to end up getting too damn expensive to collect them all. Especially the foot, who the hell has the $ to army build those at 1/4? That's why I wanted to get the little guys, more affordable. And I know next year they're probably going to be releasing another 7 inch movie pack.

Hopefully BBTS gets some in stock after SDCC. If I can get a hold of them I'll probably sell off my 1/4's.

Edit: Just looking at Neca's twitter right now makes me want to vomit.

Theres no if they are doing Shredder they are.. He and Foot will be shown at SDCC.

Yeah, I never read the comics. I didn't even know they originated in an independent comic when I was a kid. All I knew were the toys, cartoon, and movie. cowabunga, pizza, Bebop and Rocksteady, and all that other mainstream stuff was what TMNT was about to me. In retrospect, knowing more about the comics, I think the film did a good job mixing the cartoon and the comic. It was a nice blend of the best ideas each source material had to offer.

That makes sense. I guess they wanted to keep Mickey as the innocent lighthearted one or maybe that whole subplot didn't fit. It is strange how the first half of the film is so Raph centric, but after he's beaten up, the film moves away from him as the central character, and it becomes more about the team. It's like they sat him on the bench for a while to give the other characters more time to shine, which is smart, since it must be tough to have 4 main characters. Only one or two can really be the focus of the story.

Yeah the independent comic based Turtles were not the Turtles that grew up in the entertainment industry. E & L vision was to create characters that were turtles but they were mostly focused on being ninjas. They chose to make the comics black and white to illustrate the vision of intensity of a ninja’s lifestyle. They had dark pasts

It’s funny, Splinter and Super Shredder and a solitary foot soldier were the only movie figures I ever found when I was a kid. :lol

I just watched the ‘90 film again today on blu ray. Only had my copy for about six or seven months. Passed the dvd on to family and the vhs is... somewhere. Still an impressive movie. It irks me that so many have to miss out on these figures because they’re either too large in scale or nearly out of reach, thanks to ********s.

My brother and I collected TMNT figures like crazy. He had Movie Star Leo and Rahzar and I had the other three turtles, Splinter, Tokka, Super Shredder, and a Foot Soldier as far as movie figures go. I remember bugging my mom endlessly for Super Shredder and finally got him for Xmas one year. Unfortunately, I broke one of the arm joints on my Movie Star Mike--my favorite of the Movie Star Turtles. I glued the post back on, but he didn't get much play after that.

I also remember the hunt for Krang (mechanical legs version, not the android version). We were in a Toys 'R Us looking for the rare ones and my mom asked an employee if they had any in the back because the rack was picked-through as usual. He came back with an unopened case and my brother and I sat down on the floor and I'll be damned if I didn't pull Krang out of that box right then and there. I think I found Ray Fillet in that box, too (one of the other ones I wanted badly at the time that was hard to find), but I had to pick just one and went for Krang. Good times.

A few years ago my brother and I each got each other some of our must have childhood toys that we'd missed out on. He bought me Ray Fillet and I bought him Slash and Wingnut & Screwloose.

The original Playmates Raphael is my other missed must have. He was on my Xmas list every year for a while and I never did get him. I think my mom bought Slice 'n Dice Raph, but that was a poor substitute.

I'm glad I got an order in for the 7" NECA figures. That'll help soothe the lingering regret at missing out on a childhood toy. :lol

When I went to comic con last year they had plenty of the cartoon turtles sets. Easy walk up. I’m going this year so I’ll buy my set. I knew I wouldn’t snag through online sales because it’s open to non attendees. I’m sure they’ll have plenty at the show for us attendees. I’ll report back.

Does anyone know the story behind the poster?

U0eSifd.jpg

Xxdq6kF.jpg

For those in question about Mikey's chucks fitting in his belt on his shell... If the toon version can do this then movie version will be no diff just heat it up for a min or so.

35162177_10156392169504346_6316480708554522624_n.jpg

Is there a limit on how many you can buy at the con for these sets? Second is anyone here going and would be willing to pick up another set to sell?

Is there a limit on how many you can buy at the con for these sets? Second is anyone here going and would be willing to pick up another set to sell?
2 per person. Meaning 2 dio or 2 normal sets or 1 of each.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's like double the price. How us that a decent price?

What I meant by decent price is it is decent for an ebay price most of the others are well over 400 and the ones that are closer to retail price are not doing international shipping.I saw location for Darthy is in Paris.So I was just trying to help.

What I meant by decent price is it is decent for an ebay price most of the others are well over 400 and the ones that are closer to retail price are not doing international shipping.I saw location for Darthy is in Paris.So I was just trying to help.
Ah gotcha haven't looked. My bad.

I’d buy them if I could but won’t pay over retail for them. Hoping that after or during SDCC a new batch gets released and I can get them shipped over to UK but at this rate it’s highly unlikely. Oh well I guess the scalpers will have to let them gather dust until they are forced to try and get their money back somehow. They can’t charge you that much if you’re not willing to pay. Patience is the aim of the game. They need money more than you need toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, back in 1991 or 92, I remember going to the mall with dad and making a last minute visit to a toy store, probably KB Toys. I vividly remember seeing the movie turtles in their boxes. They looked so real and the details were mind blowing, of course I must have been around 9 or 10 years old at the time, but from the point of view of a child and compared to the regular TMNT toys, those figures looked lifelike with the brown belts, skin texture, and spots. That day, my dad for no particular reason said, "Pick a toy." It wasn't my birthday or Christmas, so I wasn't expecting it, but for some reason and in retrospect I regret it, I didn't pick one of the "movie star" turtles. Maybe they looked too real or creepy, but for whatever reason I picked Fugitoid, a gold robot with red guns and removable chest piece. I remember being happy with my choice, but in retrospect I have no idea why I skipped that movie turtle? It's the only thing I remember about that day, besides playing with my brand new robot toy when I got home. What a weirdo that kid. :lol

Great story! Just decide to go with my girls to TRU this weekend and get them a toy. It is those memories that made me a toy collector...

Thanks anyway, I'm not gonna pay $500 for it, that's for sure.

Yes KingGrayskull the price is $250 for the set.

Back