NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mikey looks great
Nice work iron man

Nice job. Airbrush?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yeah, airbrushed on chest and body.
99B8E8335A060CD63373F3

Not sure if anyone still on the hunt for these, but there is a glitch at ToysRus using discount codes stacked CS25 CS20 and CS15 you can get these for 60$ each shipped

i almost purchased them.
but "Shipping is available in the US only".

Eyes are very weird, but it looks good enough. I got Leo coming next month as a present, and probably Mikey too.

i just got a separate Donatello head. i guess it's from the first batch, because it's all covered with dark spots.
hmmm i almost like it more than a later head! though very regular positioning of spots makes it look like a giraffe.

p.s. finally understood why Mike's head looks smaller than others. of all four he has the shortest beak and the smallest cheaks.
on the other hand, his cranium, specifically the brain containing area, definitely is not smaller, if not actually bigger.
looks like he's higher on an evolution ladder :)

E6WlAGh.jpg

CS1fCet.jpg

PPxCIMi.jpg

with that "Denver the last dinosaur" he looks closest to cartoon TMNT, while Donatello, with his giant pointy beak and romb mask eyeholes, looks closest to classic turtles.

tmnt1.png

Nice breakdown on the cranium differences P. Donnie does look more like the comics and mikey looks more like cartoon/movie. The size difference is so jarring with the heads sitting next to each other like that

Nice breakdown on the cranium differences P. Donnie does look more like the comics and mikey looks more like cartoon/movie.
:hi5:

The size difference is so jarring with the heads sitting next to each other like that
yeah it bugged me a lot on photos, doesn't so much in person, or i got used to.
there is a trick also to pose him with his head slightly down and display it from a side.
--------------
i don't know whose head is my favourite. definitely Donatello for its shape and ominously smiling expression, but then there is Raphael very accurate to the Splinter talk scene, and Michelangelo's funny face i definitely like... must be Leo as the most boring, but being boring and righteous is his role, so it fits again.

Mike is a defective paint from my Michelangelo purchase, Neca sent a replacement, and i left the flawed one for heads collection. you can see his left mouth corner painted rudely.
Donatello was found on ebay, and Leo is from the same seller, cause i told him i planned to collect a separate heads collection, and he offered Leonardo.
for Raphael i'll buy a Raph in a disguise and keep the head for this mini collection, the body for parts and the clothes for my complete Raph.
Leo has a glue spot under his mask, so no reason to try and exchange with you, i thought of that firsthand, as in this case i don't care for small flaws, but you wouldn't like it. though maybe there is a way to remove it.
anyway, https://www.ebay.com/usr/thegreatesttmnturtlessellerever.

Back