NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thing is. I would much rather these. Then some tiny ass 6inch figure. These i want to stand out in my collection.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thing is. I would much rather these. Then some tiny ass 6inch figure. These i want to stand out in my collection.

As most off the other figures I've liked by NECA have only been 6 inch and not 1/4 and likely never will be (Rocky/Rambo) for instance. I don't feel the need to have a few random 1/4 figures as I like continuity and I find most of these are an eyesore, not the TMNT ones they are nice but most are. And I know people say that they stand out to other people when they come round looking at there collection but I don't have that show off mentally I just buy for myself. At the end of the day they may be seeing them for 10 minutes but you have to live with them taking up the space.

Wouldn't it just be better to wait for the inevitable 6 inch versions of all the 1990 movies figures as it would save a lot of money and space and NECA is really better in that scale. I find it hard enough getting good paint on those never mind a $100 dollar figure, NECA always release the 1/4 first as they know very few will buy them after they release 6 inch versions but a lot of people who cant wait will by them before. Its all good business.

As most off the other figures I've liked by NECA have only been 6 inch and not 1/4 and likely never will be (Rocky/Rambo) for instance. I don't feel the need to have a few random 1/4 figures as I like continuity and I find most of these are an eyesore, not the TMNT ones they are nice but most are. And I know people say that they stand out to other people when they come round looking at there collection but I don't have that show off mentally I just buy for myself. At the end of the day they may be seeing them for 10 minutes but you have to live with them taking up the space.

In your opinion it would be better to wait but to the rest of us, no way. You don't like 1/4, that's fine but I don't have a problem with it. Space isn't an issue for everyone, I have plenty of space.

I collect every scale available but these 1/4 figures stand out and look fantastic. Something that 1/10 Turtles wouldn't do. I'll get the 1990 Turtles if they're released in another scale but I'm quite happy with these. Also, it's not about impressing other people, I myself like seeing them too and the size really counts. You mentioned a show off mentality, well I also buy for myself and bigger figures like these or Hot Toys, I'm starting to prefer over the smaller stuff.

I disagree about most 1/4 being an eye sore, I think they look great on shelves. In fact my brother in Law has almost every 1/4 released from Neca back in the day, especially the horror stuff and it's awesome to see when you walk in his den.

Also, Rocky, Rambo aren't 6 inch, they're 7 inch scale. Neca is almost exclusively 1/10 scale.

you won't find much agreement here with your point of view, but i'm agree with it completely :) 1/4 looks like a toy, that's why statue collectors must be loving it.
but as for turtles, i doubt Neca would repeat that detail and paint on smaller ones, and i doubt they will be made. if they will, i'll have 4 giant toys i won't need anymore.

No, I prefer these being 1/4 over 1/10 or 1/12

Space isn't an issue for everyone, I have plenty of space.

I collect every scale available but these 1/4 figures stand out the best. Only thing better than having them 1/4 would be 1/1 lol.

I disagree about most 1/4 being an eye sore.

Also, Rocky Rambo aren't 6 inch, they're 7 inch scale.

Its not space that's the problem for me its that I travel a lot for business and like to move often to different cities and countries so having these massive figures especially a lot of them would be a lot of hassle to keep moving whereas my little figure collection can go wherever without much hassle. When I said 6 inch I just meant NECA standard figure size 6-8 inches depending on the figure, no need to be pedantic :)

I 100% buy for myself. I love walking into my collection room and my 3 favorite brothers are what stand out most to me. I have the 6inch neca comic turtles. The acarde turtles and revoltect turtles and they are great for 6inc, but these here are my favorite even over alot of my hot toys and statues. Thats all i was saying

I 100% buy for myself. I love walking into my collection room and my 3 favorite brothers are what stand out most to me. I have the 6inch neca comic turtles. The acarde turtles and revoltect turtles and they are great for 6inc, but these here are my favorite even over alot of my hot toys and statues. Thats all i was saying

Don't get me wrong these are amazing figures and I'm will get the scaled down versions (if or when they do) in a heartbeat. I would have loved these big ones a lot more though when I was younger though as I had the original 1990 Giant Leo and I went everywhere with that!

Still not sure if releasing the Ralph with the coat and hat with the baseball bat was the best decision for them to make here. They could of easily released those in the accessory pack and used the slot for a Splinter or Casey.

Its not space that's the problem for me its that I travel a lot for business and like to move often to different cities and countries so having these massive figures especially a lot of them would be a lot of hassle to keep moving whereas my little figure collection can go wherever without much hassle. When I said 6 inch I just meant NECA standard figure size 6-8 inches depending on the figure, no need to be pedantic :)

If space isn't the problem, just don't travel with these when going on on business. Is it necessary to take them with you to work? Also, if you move often, moving 4 1/4 Turtles would be easy.

Now, if you don't want that scale fine but you asked us wouldn't it be better to wait for 6 inch versions and my answer is no.

First, we don't even know if they will be released and if they are released, I still like having the 1/4 ones.

I know if I really wanted a set of 1990 Turtles and if i waited for a year or so for 1/12 or 1/10 and it never materialized, It would suck tracking them down on Ebay for 3 times the price.

Great news about the Shredder and the Foot ninja. I remember suggesting on here that I hope we get some Foot soldiers and being told it will never happen. Never say never hey ;)

Great news about the Shredder and the Foot ninja. I remember suggesting on here that I hope we get some Foot soldiers and being told it will never happen. Never say never hey ;)
Randy always say no lol.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Still not sure if releasing the Ralph with the coat and hat with the baseball bat was the best decision for them to make here. They could of easily released those in the accessory pack and used the slot for a Splinter or Casey.

Doesn't bother me that much. If the original came with the coats or if they were in a accessories pack, I'd have to get another Raphael anyway. I'd display Raph with the other Turtles without it and have another Raph with coat displayed somewhere else.

My trenchcoat Raphael is sad
03c833bcae2c21ff715cfda28824b95e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If space isn't the problem, just don't travel with these when going on on business. Is it necessary to take them with you to work? Also, if you move often, moving 4 1/4 Turtles would be easy.

Now, if you don't want that scale fine but you asked us wouldn't it be better to wait for 6 inch versions and my answer is no.

First, we don't even know if they will be released and if they are released, I still like having the 1/4 ones.

I know if I really wanted a set of 1990 Turtles and if i waited for a year or so for 1/12 or 1/10 and it never materialized, It would suck tracking them down on Ebay for 3 times the price.

I wasn't trying to start an argument or anything but I digress.
What I meant about traveling for business a lot is I'm not home that much (so your right that didn't really have anything to do with it) but its the moving a lot that's the problem. I actually bought the Keaton Batman but didn't open it and sold it on and bought the scaled down version instead so its not the sculpt I don't like just the size. I could just buy the Leo like I had when I was younger but I would prefer to have the whole set if any and 4 1/4 figures is still too much for me. Id say there's a 90-95 percent chance NECA are scaling these down at some point as someone asked them on twitter and they said they would but later. I thought it could be next years SDCC as just a 4 Turtle set but now they have announced the Shredder and Foot Clan it might be a full scaled down set in 2019. Either way they will be out at some point and that Shredder at any scale is going to be fantastic!

Neca is a business they don't care about your feelings. Half of you complaining will buy it anyway so there you go they win... everytime

Let's be realistic. Putting out variants and deluxe editions has been the name of the game for many of these companies for years. So this is nothing new. Buy it or don't.

Back