NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its weird in a way how popular these have become. I knew tmnt fans from the beginning would go nuts for these but with this amount of people buying there must be some bleed over into other collectors who just love the look of these guys.

I wonder if NECA themselves are kind of caught off guard how fast these are flying off the shelves ? I certainly cannot remember another line getting this much reissuing done in such a quick turn around in order to meet the demand.

Its weird in a way how popular these have become. I knew tmnt fans from the beginning would go nuts for these but with this amount of people buying there must be some bleed over into other collectors who just love the look of these guys.

I wonder if NECA themselves are kind of caught off guard how fast these are flying off the shelves ? I certainly cannot remember another line getting this much reissuing done in such a quick turn around in order to meet the demand.

I showed this to a buddy that has no interest in tmnt and he flipped out I think it's the size and just how perfectly they exocuted these. Neca is getting some fat wallets that for sure.

Last year in March Randy said he wanted to make Shredder and Splinter. So it's a possibility.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I hope they will eventually sold them in Europe, the demand is so high it would be stupid...

I hope they will eventually sold them in Europe, the demand is so high it would be stupid...
It's not Neca it's whoever the European distribution is doesn't want to aquire/ pay the rights to sell the Turtles in Europe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welp just opened my Raph up and he has that weird chest thing going on where he slumps over. On top of that something is up with his left ankle as well so I can only pose is leg a certain way. I think I'll have to get a stand for him.

Welp just opened my Raph up and he has that weird chest thing going on where he slumps over. On top of that something is up with his left ankle as well so I can only pose is leg a certain way. I think I'll have to get a stand for him.
member here disconnected the top and bottom of the body, wrapped a rubber band around the top peg and then reattached to fix
I'm gonna give it a try

member here disconnected the top and bottom of the body, wrapped a rubber band around the top peg and then reattached to fix
I'm gonna give it a try

I don't think a regular rubber band will help too much. I used a heavy duty rubber o-ring that you can get at a hardware store either singly or in a pack of assorted sizes. Here's a pic of the package. The one I used was one of the larger diameters - not the fattest one though, as I had already used it for a different project.
3063f02a1bacfedd3e1b279de8027d01.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think a regular rubber band will help too much. I used a heavy duty rubber o-ring that you can get at a hardware store either singly or in a pack of assorted sizes. Here's a pic of the package. The one I used was one of the larger diameters - not the fattest one, though as I had already used it for a different project.

what did you have to do to disconnect the halves?

what did you have to do to disconnect the halves?

From a previous post:

A little more detail on the Raphael torso joint fix: I popped his head off and soaked him belly down for a minute in a pan of boiled water. The torso joint popped apart quite easily. The joint is a simple barbell/socket arrangement. After a couple of failed attempts to tighten things up, I ended up using a large black rubber o-ring that I wrapped around the barbell shaft 3 times. I reheated the socket for snapping the barbell back in by spooning some boiling water into it and waiting about 20 seconds. At that point I dumped the water out and snapped it back together. Raph is now as tight as his turtle brother, Donnie! Los Tortuga Hermanos!

From a previous post:

A little more detail on the Raphael torso joint fix: I popped his head off and soaked him belly down for a minute in a pan of boiled water. The torso joint popped apart quite easily. The joint is a simple barbell/socket arrangement. After a couple of failed attempts to tighten things up, I ended up using a large black rubber o-ring that I wrapped around the barbell shaft 3 times. I reheated the socket for snapping the barbell back in by spooning some boiling water into it and waiting about 20 seconds. At that point I dumped the water out and snapped it back together. Raph is now as tight as his turtle brother, Donnie! Los Tortuga Hermanos!

nicely done!

Donatello is NOW available from NECA's eBay and Amazon store. Delivery estimated on the 24th! :rock

Time to cancel from Entertainment Earth :)

Anyone have an EE coupon code? I tried it that was posted but doesn't work.

Anyone have an EE coupon code? I tried it that was posted but doesn't work.

Heres a better one... RSDEAL17 $15 off

just do me a favor and tell me what screen you have to enter it on... haven't ordered from them before but want to get a couple turtles off em soon. Is it the box to the right of the address fill out screen?

Thanks

Heres a better one... RSDEAL17 $15 off

just do me a favor and tell me what screen you have to enter it on... haven't ordered from them before but want to get a couple turtles off em soon. Is it the box to the right of the address fill out screen?

Thanks

It's on step 3 on the right where you put your card info. That code and the other one is expired though.

Just ordered mine (Raphael) from NECA's eBay store. I'm planning to only get one of these big 1/4 figures so I'm hoping it turns out okay.

Back