NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:O, omg, i can't believe I just discovered this thread now.... ahh, I need to get in on this! Where are people ordering these figures from?!

Welcome to the party Jack.
Amazon
eBay.

The prices are already skyrocketing on these you can still pre-order them at bbts right now

But in reality Donnie had chin spots. Just look at the sewer scene when him and Mikey are waiting for the pizza.

edd3542f6f7ed1bb166e03a77c1d78c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You know the more I look at that photo ,the chin spots are not chin spots.

they are the reflection shadow of the sewer grate or the grate from the street above him , cuz you can see the Shadow on his nose area .
follow that shadow down and that's what you see , the so-called " black spots "

I think Neca has screwed up on that unless somebody else has a photo that shows it other than that one above

You know the more I look at that photo ,the chin spots are not chin spots.

they are the reflection shadow of the sewer grate or the grate from the street above him , cuz you can see the Shadow on his nose area .
follow that shadow down and that's what you see , the so-called " black spots "

I think Neca has screwed up on that unless somebody else has a photo that shows it other than that one above

I do know they used different heads through out the movie so maybe they weren't all painte dthe same.. But I increated the exposeure and brightness na dlooks like spots to me...

spots.jpg

Thanks man!
Long time! Good to see you again :D.

And thanks for the tip. Was able to preorder Ralph and Leo via BBTS. Now to find Donnie at a not so high price :X

Entertainment Earth has him for pre-order for $96.99 plus free shipping, however a number of us here (myself included) are still waiting for EE to ship.

I think it was more about how NECA did those chin spots than "if" they were there or not on the costume.

I had the original and sold it, mine had five big black blotches running in a line from the left side of his
chin area to the right. Did not even notice at first, but the more you look at the face paint, the more they stand out.

Since Raph has none of that going on, I am guessing NECA noticed it and did not like it, so the later batch
of Donnie figures have it removed.

the easy fix is to pick up a few shades of green acrylic from michaels... make a little mix that closely matches the base color and dry brush them out. it'll only cost you a couple bucks for the paint and super easy to do.

I think it was more about how NECA did those chin spots than "if" they were there or not on the costume.

I had the original and sold it, mine had five big black blotches running in a line from the left side of his
chin area to the right. Did not even notice at first, but the more you look at the face paint, the more they stand out.

Too even and they look silly. Uneven and they still look silly. It was best just to leave them off.

I guess I lucked out and only have three chin spots not as bad as I have seen other peoples.... If they would of painted it for mass production like the proto that would of been perfect like they did with Raph.

1200x-Donny7-.jpg

Back