NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other companies can go screw; there's no value like NECA. If Hot Toys got this license you'd be paying more than double for a figure 2/3 the size.

That's true initially. But with how terrible the aftermarket is for HT, I would bet prices would decline after a while and one could get them cheaper. Then again, it all depends on how much quantities they make.

Donatello would have rotted away by the time Raphael came out :lol ....I lol but that's not far from the truth.

It's depressing but true. With BvS, Superman came out almost a year ago and we still haven't got Wonder Woman to complete that set. That's only three characters. :lol

I guess what I mean is, HT quality from another sixth scale company that doesn't charge a fortune and take years to complete the set...never gonna happen I know. :lol

Monte Williams said:
These NECA versions are perfect for me.

As they are for most American collectors. The rest of the world has to consider alternatives that will hopefully offer a more global release. I change my mind everyday mainly due to the awesome pictures posted here. Do I get them at three times the cost you guys are paying or just give up and wait for something else. :dunno

I don't like any of the sixth scale versions currently out there. These NECA figures really are in a different league.

It's depressing but true. With BvS, Superman came out almost a year ago and we still haven't got Wonder Woman to complete that set. That's only three characters. :lol

I guess what I mean is, HT quality from another sixth scale company that doesn't charge a fortune and take years to complete the set...never gonna happen I know. :lol

As they are for most American collectors. The rest of the world has to consider alternatives that will hopefully offer a more global release. I change my mind everyday mainly due to the awesome pictures posted here. Do I get them at three times the cost you guys are paying or just give up and wait for something else. :dunno

I don't like any of the sixth scale versions currently out there. These NECA figures really are in a different league.

My mind has gone back and forth...I..I've lost count of how many times. I've got Raphael on preorder at BBTS on the offchance that I click the order button on Donatello in a moment of madness. If I do order Donatello (for the 3rd ****ing time :slap ) I don't want to have missed out on the Raphael preorder at BBTS because if I'm buying one I'm buying them all and BBTS is seemingly cheaper for me than anywhere else.

On the other hand if I just can't bring myself to order Donnie before he runs out of stock everywhere then I'll cancel Raphael aswell. As I said, all or none.

Last edited:
I'm so grateful these didn't arrive when I was living overseas. I'm sincerely sorry for you lot that have to pay an arm and a leg for them.

Short of finding an online dealer who ships overseas but does not charge the earth in shipping fees its a lot like that these days for us overseas buyers. Heck, even NECA's smaller figures and other items are getting ridiculous to justify going all in on for me personally now, what with it costing nearly 50.00 AU for a single marine or predator figure and 200.00 plus for a large scale tmnt.

But......if its something you really want you find the funds yeah ? So if I do want these I am looking at getting extra overtime at one of my two jobs, or ask for longer shifts or getting hours on my normal days off and set the money aside each week. Plus, I am hoping these guys do not sell out too fast and are around for a while so I can space out the buying of each one. That way the wallet does not get it too badly each time.

But......if its something you really want you find the funds yeah ?

When I was living in Pakistan I bought a ton of G.I. Joes and asked my dad to open them and ship them to me from the States.

...and I got hit with a $300 tariff.

...but I wasn't going to leave my toys in some Pakistani post office, so yeah, "you find the funds" is right. It's discouraging as hell, though.

After Raphael, Leonardo, Michelangelo, high possibility we are getting Casey Jones.

Where did you hear this?

Randy on Twitter mentioned that there was a "not likely" chance we'd see Splinter and Shredder in this scale due to the license restrictions since they can only be sold in the US...so if anything I think Casey would be the most unlikely out of the three.

Finally preordered Raph on BBTS. Works out at about £126 before customs get their evil hands on him and jack that up about 20%. :tap
They are saying February estimate but presumably that's never gonna happen if they haven't even released Donatello yet?

Have to see if I can pick up Donnie somewhere before deciding to go through with the order or cancel. I wonder is there's a chance BBTS will have him back in stock should a few people cancel before they are charged.

A little update. I made a dedicated thread to my project .
check it out
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/custom-creations/178364-1-4-tmnt-sewer-diorama-wip.html

IMG_20170211_214409423.jpg

I'm late to the tmnt party but I was able to find donatello for retail price. The place is called Kirin Hobby if anyone is still looking for this. It's a preorder and they should be in Stock this month

Back