Neca 1/4 scale Batman Begins Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think Im getting this thing from Calendars. Says backordered. Ive had it preordered since they first put it on the site.

That's because it says they're getting their stock on July 14.

I ordered it way back when too.

I think we'll get it.

Yeah, when I placed my order yesterday morning, it said it was in stock on July 14, but I just checked this figure's product page on calendars.com, and it now says that it "Ships after 01-28-17!" Yikes, I am definitely less confident that they'll be fulfilling orders now!

Re: Neca 1/4 scale batman begins batman

Yeah, when I placed my order yesterday morning, it said it was in stock on July 14, but I just checked this figure's product page on calendars.com, and it now says that it "Ships after 01-28-17!" Yikes, I am definitely less confident that they'll be fulfilling orders now!

Yeah i'd say they are def not getting them now. Thank god I didn't pre-order from their.

I'm sure if I looked up stuck hip and shoulder joints and loose knee joints in the dictionary I would see NECA. :lol

Neca 1/4 scale batman begins batman

So I heated up the little piece of plastic coming off of the torso and over the shoulder. I jammed the area between the two and managed to bring the piece up a bit. The arms come out to the sides quite a bit better, but they are still fairly restricted coming forward. I don't think I can fix it. It's already taken off a fair amount of paint too, from the little I've moved it. I could almost operate and cut it off (which would suck), but the cape would cover it and I could actually have him in more than 2 poses.

Again, lots to love and then some truly aggravating things. Out of all my 1/4 figures, this may be the biggest mixed bag. It's one of the best in some departments, and one of the worst in others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I heated up the little piece of plastic coming off of the torso and over the shoulder. I jammed the area between the two and managed to bring the piece up a bit. The arms come out to the sides quite a bit better, but they are still fairly restricted coming forward. I don't think I can fix it. It's already taken off a fair amount of paint too, from the little I've moved it. I could almost operate and cut it off (which would suck), but the cape would cover it and I could actually have him in more than 2 poses.

Again, lots to love and then some truly aggravating things. Out of all my 1/4 figures, this may be the biggest mixed bag. It's one of the best in some departments, and one of the worst in others.

I really think you got an bad one. Cause I spoke to a few ppl who have it and none has had that problem.I'd contact the seller and exchange for an new one but thats just me...

I really think you got an bad one. Cause I spoke to a few ppl who have it and none has had that problem.I'd contact the seller and exchange for an new one but thats just me...

Damn. I'd like to try getting it replaced, but it was such a struggle to get the figure in the first place. I got it shipped up to Canada from some seller in California, and I had some major problems with UPS. I don't want to go through that's again.

Evolution of the Batarang and Grapple Gun, NECA style.
e33e03f00d5711b0dcd8167c576bb3b0.jpg

Damn. I'd like to try getting it replaced, but it was such a struggle to get the figure in the first place. I got it shipped up to Canada from some seller in California, and I had some major problems with UPS. I don't want to go through that's again.

Ok was just suggesting I talked to Tony and a few other and all have solid joints,ect. Thank goodness for BBTS they replace no questions asked.

Ok was just suggesting I talked to Tony and a few other and all have solid joints,ect. Thank goodness for BBTS they replace no questions asked.

Yea. Funny thing is, I was going to just get him from BBTS but I could save some money on shipping by ordering through someone on Amazon.com. Big mistake haha.

I further heated and moved the piece, and now I can freely move the arms as it should be. I must have gotten a defective one.

I further heated and moved the piece, and now I can freely move the arms as it should be. I must have gotten a defective one.

Damn that sucks well once I get it. In boiling water in he goes...

After heating different parts of the figure and moving stiff joints a lot, I've gotten to the point where I can pose him without too much frustration. :)

I've had to heat joints on NECA figures before, but not to this degree. Usually I would have to heat an elbow or a knee or something, but with this Bale Batman I had to heat almost all of them. I should have done that right after I got him out.

After heating different parts of the figure and moving stiff joints a lot, I've gotten to the point where I can pose him without too much frustration. :)

I've had to heat joints on NECA figures before, but not to this degree. Usually I would have to heat an elbow or a knee or something, but with this Bale Batman I had to heat almost all of them. I should have done that right after I got him out.

Yeah but least he's not friagel like Enterbay's lol.... Moving one shoulder rand it completely snaps.

Yeah but least he's not friagel like Enterbay's lol.... Moving one shoulder rand it completely snaps.

Oh wow. The little bit of paint rub from moving the shoulder a bit doesn't look so bad now haha.

Oh wow. The little bit of paint rub from moving the shoulder a bit doesn't look so bad now haha.

Yeah happen to me on Both Terminators I had.... You couldn't even pay me to own another Enterbay figure... Unless it was dirt cheap then I would just take his acessories, and hands, and stand lol...

I just finished live chatting with Calendars.com customer service. He told me that the 1/28/17 date they have listed for the Bale Batman figure "is an incorrect date and [it] will not ship that late." He told me that "This appears to be a content issue. We do currently have this item in stock and since you've placed an order it will still ship as of 07/14/2016. Our system simply has not been updated to reflect this so our system is reading that we have none and need to order more but this is not the case."

So I guess there is still some hope, after all! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Neca 1/4 scale batman begins batman

My thoughts have changed on this figure. For one, I managed to free up all the joints. Posing is much easier and it no longer feels like he'll snap in half. I still stand by what I said about Affleck feeling more durable and all that, but Bale isn't bad. Last night I was also extremely tired and I was letting every little nitpick or problem bother me more than it should, so I apologize if my mini review sounds like I was complaining for most of it.

Overall, NECA's Batman Begins figure is pretty awesome and is a great addition to the collection. While there are some annoying problems, I managed to work around them and there's so much good here in the sculpt, paint, and accessories that make up for it. I think their Arkham Knight Batman is still the cream of the crop, but Bale here comes close.

397434b1fcc090007aa981ae98be2a1f.jpg
6fea93083e15c1ea7fe55dff28da9261.jpg
6f8387d1f651aea0975cf36ea356bea9.jpg
803e45d5fdcc9420a9f6834d3b206088.jpg
8eb4d3fa05c621792a37d6abc4f2e1c0.jpg

"I HAD one rule."
847d9633d1dc89ea994aa399f4bc8593.jpg

I just got a call from calendar.com customer service. They told me that the 30% coupon was applied too many times on the item and so they can resubmit the order with it only applying once so that I could get my Batman Begins figure. I got a new confirmation order and they said it would ship out in a couple of days. Came out 76~ after taxes. Still a good deal. Not as good as getting it for 50 but still better than anywhere else I can get one.

My thoughts have changed on this figure. For one, I managed to free up all the joints. Posing is much easier and it no longer feels like he'll snap in half. I still stand by what I said about Affleck feeling more durable and all that, but Bale isn't bad. Last night I was also extremely tired and I was letting every little nitpick or problem bother me more than it should, so I apologize if my mini review sounds like I was complaining for most of it.

Overall, NECA's Batman Begins figure is pretty awesome and is a great addition to the collection. While there are some annoying problems, I managed to work around them and there's so much good here in the sculpt, paint, and accessories that make up for it. I think their Arkham Knight Batman is still the cream of the crop, but Bale here comes close.

397434b1fcc090007aa981ae98be2a1f.jpg
6fea93083e15c1ea7fe55dff28da9261.jpg
6f8387d1f651aea0975cf36ea356bea9.jpg
803e45d5fdcc9420a9f6834d3b206088.jpg
8eb4d3fa05c621792a37d6abc4f2e1c0.jpg

"I HAD one rule."
847d9633d1dc89ea994aa399f4bc8593.jpg

His arms look far too thin in these photos,
& his hands are too small.
While I liked the idea of picking one of these up, after seeing all the photos it's just too off.
If you have the enterbay version you'll see the faults far too much

Back