Nani Stores:/ Memorable Stan Resin Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man as I'm painting this I've been noticing horrible things. The chair legs in the back look like they are melting. The other arm without the gauntlet looks stupid and there are no details to this (there are nice textures on the one pictured). Stan lees face has no definition. And even the signature on the back spells Stan Le, they forgot the other e. Hopefully it looks a little better after I paint it. I should not have expected much out of this since it was so cheap.

Anxious to see your finished painted product. For the price, it might be a nice "Bette Midler" statue... you know, good "from a distance". I'll show myself out :)

It still need to do a lot of work onit, especially the base. It's a hard/slow process for a person with Essential Tremor like myself. The more I paint the more I realize that this statue is a big piece of dunge. The biggest problems I am having is trying to make the face look like Stan. There is barely any facial definition and it's hard to change that just with paint. I also ran out of white and yellow paints and am currently unable to get transportation.:slap I promise I will show the end product, it just may take some time. If any one has any tips please let me know. Thanks.
WIN_20191026_10_37_26_Pro.jpg
WIN_20191026_11_02_00_Pro.jpg

See those chair legs in the back all melted looking? That's why Stan looks like he's leaning back instead of the at attention pose he was supposed to have. I'm trying to paint the back legs black so it will meld into the black flooring.
WIN_20191026_10_53_36_Pro.jpg

Nice job, crypt!

That looks pretty good. Props to you.

Just wish this was done properly from the get-go so we wouldn't have to go through the trouble.

Besides buying yellow paint to finish the glove and some minor paint fixes here and there (base). This is the finished product. This took way to long with my tremors but it's finally done. Unfortunately it still looks like a generic old male instead of Stan. It's hard to polish a turd. For what it is, I'm happy. Wish I bought flat finish instead of satin but I'm not buying more supplies for this....it is what it is.
00000SharedScreenshot.jpg
00SharedScreenshot.jpg
0000013SharedScreenshot.jpg

The original product is an insult to the word 'Turd'.
You did an awesome job though.

Back