Namor Sub-Mariner comiquette 1/4 scale statue - pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Awesome video.

I think his face came out more elongated than the prototype. Also, the shading on the face looked to be different.

Just watched the video. You are stoned out of your gourd if you think the original head shown in the video matched the final piece. I would have killed for that original sculpt.

BB

The pics of the statue on SSs order page DID NOT MATCH the final piece. The face looked much better in the proto pics on the site. I know. I ordered based on the original pics and when I rec'd him threw up a bit in my mouth. This was news back then so you must have missed it.

BB

I was here. The pics on SS order page were just as bad as the received product. Thought it was funny people when people started screaming it didn't match the original pics. The face was always far from ideal.

You are stoned out of your gourd

Been getting a lot of that and the typical "you need glasses my friend" comment lately. Particularly from folks who think the HT Supes is CR reincarnated. No different here with Namor. His face was always bad.

I like the Namor face on the original pics. Night and day from what we got.

And you don't like the HT Reeves Superman? LOL You need more than glasses...Maybe a reversal on that lobotomy you had!

BB

forgive me, but what was the problem with the head on this one, was it the sculpt or the paint apps the ssc messed up on again??:dunno

Last edited:
I felt the face was always bad.

The original thread is below:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39834&page=48

What do you think? Funny but you and Buzzy are right at the top of the page I referenced.

:lol:lol:lol yeah to funny man, I can see the differance in the faces, but I've learned now that alot of the problems on this forum and differances from proto pics to in hand pics differ greatly, but once a person sees the piece in hand they look ok alot of the times.

may have to pick this one up someday.

This piece grows on you quickly. When I first saw pics of the Surfer 1/4 scale comiquette (by the same sculptor), it took a bit of adjusting as the sculptor's style appears more classic and operatic than modern. Like Namor, I quickly grew to appreciate the grandness of the piece. Tony C's style is meant to fill up the space it takes. It wants to be bold.

This piece grows on you quickly. When I first saw pics of the Surfer 1/4 scale comiquette (by the same sculptor), it took a bit of adjusting as the sculptor's style appears more classic and operatic than modern. Like Namor, I quickly grew to appreciate the grandness of the piece. Tony C's style is meant to fill up the space it takes. It wants to be bold.

Tony C has hits and misses. I find him very inconsistent when it comes to his sculpts. I almost think he can't sculpt open mouth and teeth!

His best:
The Thing PF
Gambit PF
Black Panther PF
Vampirella Comiquette

His not so best:
Silver Surfer (I have this statue & I don't think the body is proposition accurately)
Bucky PF (EX head is awful)
Cyclops (EX head again)
Namor (Not a fan of this period)

I just don't know how he can sculpt great pieces and have lack lusters one.

Not into Namor and this Namor, especially the base looks like it came from a fish tank, doesn't interest me. But the Vampirella Comiquette I've seen at the LCS looks good, especially the base. How the flying bats are linked together too.

forgive me, but what was the problem with the head on this one, was it the sculpt or the paint apps the ssc messed up on again??:dunno

The sculpt was changed; the face was modified. I have no idea why. It didn't make a bit of sense. Other than that it's a beautiful statue; Classic F'ng Prince Namor of Atlantis!!

BB

I just never really liked this piece. His face is just something I can't get over. Congrats to all who own it and like it.

Back