Name a role an actor was born to play

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haley Joel Osment as Cole Sear in The Sixth Sense.

movie_i_see_dead_people1.jpg

Joe Spinell as Frank Zito or is it Vito from the movie Maniac.
Gunnar Hansen as Leatherface
Arnold Schwartzenggar as The Terminator as Dutch from Commando
David Hess as Krug in the original Last house on the Left and Alex in House by the Edge of the Park
Kurt Russell as Snake in Escape From New York
Paul Clemens as Michael MacCleary
William Hurt as Eddie Jessup
Bruce Campbell as Ash

Perhaps the worst casting decision of this century. Absolutely horrible actor.

Not horrible. Not the greatest, but I've seen him in other movies and he ranges from decent to good.

IMO, GL is entirely to blame for the PT performances. Look at Natalie Portman: she's horrible in both episodes two and three, but watch her in any movie that ISN'T Star Wars and she's a great actress. GL was controlling and the acting came off incredibly stiff and stilted in the prequels. I don't even think McGregor or Neeson came off too great.

IIRC, I read an interview with Christensen where he said he wanted to portray Anakin differently, that he viewed the character differently.

The Anakin we got in the PT was all GL's creation. Bow down to the Emperor.

Not horrible. Not the greatest, but I've seen him in other movies and he ranges from decent to good.

IMO, GL is entirely to blame for the PT performances. Look at Natalie Portman: she's horrible in both episodes two and three, but watch her in any movie that ISN'T Star Wars and she's a great actress. GL was controlling and the acting came off incredibly stiff and stilted in the prequels. I don't even think McGregor or Neeson came off too great.

IIRC, I read an interview with Christensen where he said he wanted to portray Anakin differently, that he viewed the character differently.

The Anakin we got in the PT was all GL's creation. Bow down to the Emperor.

I'll agree Lucas should take a lot of blame for others phoning it in. I'll disagree that Portman is great. She's good, but nothing great. And Hayden at his best (Shattered Glass) is still excruciating.

I would say Portman is great for her performances in The Professional and V for Vendetta alone.

I thought Christensen was good in Life as a House. Again, not a great actor, but hardly excruciating. Watched him in Jumper, thought he was decent.

My personal pick for Anakin would have been someone like Jensen Ackles, who I think is one of the most underrated actors out there today, but even his ability couldn't have saved that character.

Harrison Ford for Han Solo & Indiana Jones
Hugh Jackman for Wolverine
Robert Downey Jr for Tony Stark/Iron Man
Michelle Pfeiffer for Catwoman
Angelina Jolie for Lara Croft

Are you saying that Jack Nicholson can only play Jack Nicholson and nothing other than Jack Nicholson?

no..well, sorta. i love jack nicholson, and almost all of his movies, but after a while, whether he plays a good guy or bad guy, his characters are all basically the same sarcastic, wise-ass guy. and usually his characters lean more towards the bad guy side...even if he's a good guy, he's a good guy that people dont really like. :lol. i'll still watch any of his movies though, cuz i enjoy him. just sayin most of the characters are practically the same.

Back