My Visit to MageeFX Studio in Hollywood, CA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaceballs

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I finally picked up my Alien 8th Passenger from MageeFX in North Hollywood, CA While visiting i took a couple cool pictures. Patrick Magee is a very tall dude.

21dsc02097.jpg

30dsc02101.jpg

31dsc02122.jpg

29dsc02111.jpg

380909.jpg

87dsc02117.jpg

19dsc02110.jpg

45dsc02107.jpg

Last edited:
Great work there..

So you picked up that 1:1 alien? What did that set you back?

$4,150.00 In total. I strongly feel that MageeFX should have casted the Alien with Silicone vs. Latex because it's alot stronger and thinker from what I've seen him use it on at his studio.

I thought your Alien was supposed to be in a crouched position?

That's not a bad price....... Funny how Sideshow is wanting half that just for their LSF's.......:cuckoo:

eh, but it's latex bro, and the LSF's have light up, a nice base, and real clothing. I would take a LSF over the Alien, I had Magee's full size Pred before.

I thought your Alien was supposed to be in a crouched position?

eh, but it's latex bro, and the LSF's have light up, a nice base, and real clothing. I would take a LSF over the Alien, I had Magee's full size Pred before.

How long until latex goes to shat? And I guess you could put a dress on the alien if you wanted to.....:dunno

Thanks for the pics SpaceBalls! Looks fantastic!

I agree with the latex comment as well.

1 Question: What types of materials is the Alien head made of (Just the head)?? .. I might be interested in picking up just the head, depending on what the material is.

TIA

~Rob

How long until latex goes to shat? And I guess you could put a dress on the alien if you wanted to.....:dunno

depends how well you take care of it. Idk, I had a full size latex piece before, prolly never again for me.

Thanks for the pics SpaceBalls! Looks fantastic!

I agree with the latex comment as well.

1 Question: What types of materials is the Alien head made of (Just the head)?? .. I might be interested in picking up just the head, depending on what the material is.

TIA

~Rob

I believe the dome, teeth and extendo mouth is resin.

I believe the dome, teeth and extendo mouth is resin.

Thanks Bro.

I have no problem with resin. Wonder what the rest of it is made of though? I'll try to email Magee directly and ask them in the mean time.

Latex has a relatively short shelf life. Unless it's in a sealed, air tight case, it's going to deteriorate. A better material, if wanting something "rubbery", would be silicone.

By the way, my brother actually puppeted the dead Jack head in American Werewolf in London (also played the wolf in half the scenes).

45dsc02107.jpg

Sean

Last edited:
Back