My Vader review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It did? I remember thinking the helmet looked off right after they announced it. I don't think it looks that different now. As for why it's off, I can't say. The apologists like to blame everything on Lucasfilm, and to be sure there are cases where they have made changes for the worse. But I have trouble believing that they would dictate that the helmet look wrong on purpose.

Versus the whiners who blame Sideshow for everything. Fact is, the prototype helmet looked different. Another fact: you don't know either way. Was it Sideshow? Possibly but highly doubtful given the one at SDCC looked longer. And let's face it, remember Mace? Or the brass nipples on Indy's storm flaps? LFL dictations.

Another fact: you don't know either way.

No, I don't know, and I think I made that clear when I said "As for why it's off, I can't say" in the part you quoted...

The thing is that it doesn't matter why it's off. I don't care if George Lucas called Sideshow up personally and said "you must make this helmet look wrong or I'll take your license away." Sure, it would be galling for Sideshow if that were the case, but for us as consumers it doesn't change a darned thing.

And just to remind people, I think the figure is really nice. I'm not bashing it at all -- in fact I'm defending it from the people in the photo thread insisting on absolute accuracy. But the truth is that it's not perfect.

Versus the whiners who blame Sideshow for everything. Fact is, the prototype helmet looked different. Another fact: you don't know either way. Was it Sideshow? Possibly but highly doubtful given the one at SDCC looked longer. And let's face it, remember Mace? Or the brass nipples on Indy's storm flaps? LFL dictations.

Before this turns into another major flame war, since we all pretty much know that helmet is inaccurate, has anyone commited to making a correct one for production?

I would love to get this thing looking right. I have mine but I honestly haven't made the time to pull him out the box cause I think that helmet is gonna bug the sheit out of me:banghead

No, I don't know, and I think I made that clear when I said "As for why it's off, I can't say" in the part you quoted...

The thing is that it doesn't matter why it's off. I don't care if George Lucas called Sideshow up personally and said "you must make this helmet look wrong or I'll take your license away." Sure, it would be galling for Sideshow if that were the case, but for us as consumers it doesn't change a darned thing.

And just to remind people, I think the figure is really nice. I'm not bashing it at all -- in fact I'm defending it from the people in the photo thread insisting on absolute accuracy. But the truth is that it's not perfect.

But calling people "apologists" for making a logical assumption is uncalled for, especially when you, yourself, don't even know the facts behind the decision. ;)

Hey Michael, based on your star rating youve rated the Medicom Vader and Sideshow Vader the same

Medicom Vader
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_080105a.htm

Sideshow Vader
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_071509a.htm

But at the end of the SS review you say that this is the best Vader yet, so wouldnt that mean a 4 star rating for this fella? Or even a 3 3/34 star rating?

Just wondering.

I have put off on getting the Medicom Vader because I never wanted a puny Vader on my shelf. This SS sure beats it in the Scale department for sure. The removal Mask is a nice touch, but if I wanted a removable helmet I would have waited longer for SS to get around to that in a future Vader release.

The tusk bit, might be a lil too harsh as well, I must agree with alot of them here. It may have originally supposed to be silver, yes, but the fact is it DID rub off during filming and so yes it DID appear black during some of the film. So I cant understand why it would get deducted points for that.

Still I love your reviews! And I base a lot of my purchasing choices on your reviews! Keep up the great work!!

Hey Michael, based on your star rating youve rated the Medicom Vader and Sideshow Vader the same

Medicom Vader
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_080105a.htm

Sideshow Vader
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_071509a.htm

But at the end of the SS review you say that this is the best Vader yet, so wouldnt that mean a 4 star rating for this fella? Or even a 3 3/34 star rating?

The ratings are not absolute -- they're dependent on the time when the review was written. I would think the Medicom Vader would get a worse review if Michael went back and reviewed it now.

The tusk bit, might be a lil too harsh as well, I must agree with alot of them here. It may have originally supposed to be silver, yes, but the fact is it DID rub off during filming and so yes it DID appear black during some of the film. So I cant understand why it would get deducted points for that.

For most of the film it looks silver. it really does

But it's a super easy fix.

Back