My two favorite movies right now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr2red

Super Freak
Reaction score
As I recuperate I have been watching more movies.
My new favs are The Fantastic 4 and 40 year old virgin.
Both great movies to watch. If I could afford Doom on the
throne I would get him. I might get the Archive set instead
someday when I have money.

dr2red said:
As I recuperate I have been watching more movies.
My new favs are The Fantastic 4 and 40 year old virgin.
Both great movies to watch. If I could afford Doom on the
throne I would get him. I might get the Archive set instead
someday when I have money.

I was happliy surprised by FF4 when I saw it in the theatre as I had heard such poor things in reviews (but there are reviews for you). And the sequel--- The Rise of the Silver Surfer looks even better.

When we watched the 40 Year Old Virgin it was too funny as I kept pointing things out to my wife that I owned:D .

If you've never watched them and if you're going to be in bed for awhile have someone pick up the complete FIREFLY DVD. I strongly recommend it--- but then I imagine that you are well versed in the "browncoats". :D

Recuperate well.

DarthNeil said:
I was happliy surprised by FF4 when I saw it in the theatre as I had heard such poor things in reviews (but there are reviews for you). And the sequel--- The Rise of the Silver Surfer looks even better.

When we watched the 40 Year Old Virgin it was too funny as I kept pointing things out to my wife that I owned:D .

If you've never watched them and if you're going to be in bed for awhile have someone pick up the complete FIREFLY DVD. I strongly recommend it--- but then I imagine that you are well versed in the "browncoats". :D

Recuperate well.

I was watching Serenity the other night but the plot with Reavers was freaking me out so I had to stop watching it alone. Big girly wuss me!

dr2red said:
I was watching Serenity the other night but the plot with Reavers was freaking me out so I had to stop watching it alone. Big girly wuss me!

:rotfl If you haven't seen the actual Joss Whedon show then put SERENITY on the shelf for the moment and grab the FIREFLY DVD... The episodes get better and better and essentially Whedon put an entire season into the one movie to conclude (sadly) his series.

SERENITY is among my top five all-time favorite sci-fi movies. As a 30+ yr old guy it takes a lot in a theatre to make me feel as I did when that Star Destroyer passed overhead in '77---- there were a couple of scenes that I watched in SERENITY that gave me that sci fi geekdom joy of days gone by--- of course I agree though--- the reavers thing does get quite gruesome.

I shall see if I can pick it up at Beat goes on. Good prices usually for used stuff.

Are you a fan of the modern Battlestar Galactica? If not they have the first two seasons on DVD and if you're going to have the time I'd highly recommend watching them as next to HEROES it's the best thing on television.

DarthNeil said:
Are you a fan of the modern Battlestar Galactica? If not they have the first two seasons on DVD and if you're going to have the time I'd highly recommend watching them as next to HEROES it's the best thing on television.
I intend to check it out soon. Might as well be now.
Should I watch the miniseries first?
Thanks

FF4 is your favorite movie? That movie is pure cheese and is horrible! hehe

Spider-Man flicks are much better Marvel movies. Heck, even X-Men 3 was better. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but WOW!

I would have figured someone would have listed a more profound movie with a much better story line, acting, and overall production.

My favorite movie is ShawShank Redemption. You certain FF4 is one of your favs? hehe

dr2red said:
Thanks

Yes - definately watch the mini series first.....and get well soon.:D

I spent 3 straight days to watch the second season of Battlestar Galactica, it is unbelievably good. It's very addictive. The miniseries and 1st season was good, but second season, 2.0 and 2.5 topped it. The acting got much better and the story line rocked. You will have to go through the 1st season before moving on to get the nuances of the entire story line. Edward James Olmos is always riveting and some of the cameos by Dean Stockwell is first rate acting. It is my favorite series aside from the last 3 seasons of Voyager.

I heard good things about Rome. Anymore recommendations for series TV on DVD? Looking to be hooked.

Ryanfromindiana said:
I really dug Dead Like Me and Freaks and Geeks both available on dvd now.
+100 for Freaks and Geeks! A modern classic. Enjoy.:chew :chew

Ryanfromindiana said:
I really dug Dead Like Me and Freaks and Geeks both available on dvd now.

DEAD LIKE ME IS SOOOO GOOD! My God I love how Rube talks! Hey, doesn't the British guy remind you of Doyle from Angel? I own both seasons on DVD. I can't remember the British guy's name at the moment. Been a while since I last watched an episode.

dr2red said:
Thanks

Definitely pick up the mini-series and then move right into Season One. You'll be hooked after the first ten minutes. Season Two is also out on DVD so you'll have plenty of hours of recuperating company.

Hey Eli26, DEAD LIKE ME? Hehe... That sucks.:D

Eli26 said:

Spider-Man flicks are much better Marvel movies. Heck, even X-Men 3 was better. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but WOW!

I would have figured someone would have listed a more profound movie with a much better story line, acting, and overall production.

My favorite movie is ShawShank Redemption. You certain FF4 is one of your favs? hehe
You have to understand the context of what makes this a fav. I am recovering from surgery and looking for some escapist fun. Shawshank does not cut it in that context.:D

Eli26 said:

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but WOW! Yours is just RUDE!

Ironman1188 said:
I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but WOW! Yours is just RUDE!

Considerably as he blasted me for calling the new Transformers movie Michael Bay's Go-Bot movie--- excuse me, kettle? This is the pot. You're black.:rotfl

carbo-fation said:
Relax everybody.....it's just Eli!:rolleyes:

HEY!

Well c'mon it's FF4! I am not trying to be rude. I am attacking a crap movie.. dr2red seems like a very nice intelligent person (see how that isn't being rude) who most likely confused FF4 with another movie.

btw Transformers movie is a bit different... I was saying you can't attack a movie you haven't seen yet. I seen FF4! Transformers may very well suck.

And how am I rude again for trying to make the girl realize how awful FF4 is?! I am trying to help her out! Cause I care.

*hides behind Carbo*

Protect me!

Back