My room is now complete.....Well almost.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where did you find those stands and what are the dimensions on them?? i really like them and they keep a nice clean, smooth look to the pieces that are on them.

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but what is that Conan figure next to the projector? Is it a statue?

hairlesswookiee said:
where did you find those stands and what are the dimensions on them?? i really like them and they keep a nice clean, smooth look to the pieces that are on them.

I got them from Target. If you go to the site and search fo "shelves" you should find them.

galactiboy said:
Not sure if this has been asked yet, but what is that Conan figure next to the projector? Is it a statue?

Yes it is a statue by Needful Things. I bought it on ebay and I am not 100% in love with the paint job it came with. I wish to try and repaint it someday. Then I will dispay it a bit better.

JAWS said:
Yes it is a statue by Needful Things. I bought it on ebay and I am not 100% in love with the paint job it came with. I wish to try and repaint it someday. Then I will dispay it a bit better.

Interesting... you could always send it over to Josh or one of the other customizers. They're doing some pretty crazy stuff these days!

galactiboy said:
Interesting... you could always send it over to Josh or one of the other customizers. They're doing some pretty crazy stuff these days!

Man, I just noticed that statue!! IF you ever do have it repainted... know that I would LOVE to do that for you, even at a discounted rate. That moment in the film is my favorite, gives me chills everytime....

"You..."

:rock

Now I am going to have that music in my head all day... :lol

I don't know...room looks pretty complete to me. I would like to steal it and sleep in it and roll around it in. :chew :chew

Nice room, you have alot of nicely displayed collectables. I hope to have mine done someday.

JAWS said:
Marto it is. So much more affordable. I also would like to get Conan's father's sword but that will be much later down the road.

To own an Atlantean sword was a childhood dream of mine. And it still stands, IMO, as the coolest looking design to ever come out of Hollywood.

I love the Conan Atlantean JAWS, I am now looking into getting one for myself after seeing yours!

The ill Jedi said:
I love the Conan Atlantean JAWS, I am now looking into getting one for myself after seeing yours!

Way to go!!!! Wait till you hold it in your hands. A truly great piece!

And Thanks to everyone for their kind words about my collection.

JAWS said:
THANKS

I find that the projectors are great for regular DVD display. I think they rule over the widescreen HD TVs out there. However the Blue Ray and HD DVDs look great on the HD TVs and I have not seen them diplayed on a projector yet.

When shopping for a new TV I looked at a lot of HD TVs and had the stores hook up DVD players to them so I could see what they would look like. While HD TVs look great with a HD signal the regular DVD players did not look that great and since I was not in nthe market for a HD DVD or Blue Ray player (with the format war still going strong) I went with the projector.

My projector is not even close to top of the line. It is an Infocus DLP. From what I understand DLP is better then LCD but some people hav trouble with something called the rainbow effect when watching DLP. If you look on the net you can find more info on this strange phenomanom. You also have to make sure to dust the bulb as they can prematurely burn out.

You can get a great projector for about a $700 dollars and have a much bigger display then a 60" HD TV which will cost you aroun $2500 to $3000 dollars. My display is 79".

I LOVE MY PROJECTOR and when it dies I will be getting another one.

I'll add a little more to the projector talk. I use a 100 WD screen and a Panasonic projector (Cost $1800, great projector) Dvds look good, some better then others of course. TV is eh! But channels in HD. Beautiful!! Xbox 360 games are very beautiful. Wii and regular xbox is also ok. Once I turned on my projector I will never go back. I use it as my main tv. Which can be a bad thing since projector bulbs only last around 3000 hours. Well actually my projector stops working when a bulb hits 3000 hours, they you need to change the bulb. 400 dollars for a new one, only had part. But I love it.

Back