My review of the Palpatine/Sidious two pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I bet there are quite a few typos. Thanks for letting me know though, as I'll go in and correct it today.

Some folks here have done reviews like this, and they can appreciate that from the time I opened the box from the PO to the time that review was finished was about 90 minutes. Writing it, editing it, shooting the photos, editing the photos, putting it together...90 minutes. I don't like doing reviews that fast, but sometimes the constraints of life require it. I think it still turned out pretty accurate, albeit with a tad more typos than I like.

Yeah, reviews can be a real pain in the arse sometimes.

Yeah, I hope it didn't sound like I was busting your chops... I'm amazed you could crank that out w/excellent photos all in such a short period of time :rock

So are you hands different, or did you get two identical?

I'll look again tonight, but I sure couldn't tell any difference last night when I held them next to each other.

And don't worry about pointing out errors - you guys are my editors! If you didn't let me know, they wouldn't get fixed.

Here's a picture that might help, just ever so different. The hand on the right has the index finger raised higher, and the rest of the fingers have more of a curl to them. I think maybe its the same sculpt (vein pattern looks idenitcal, just less pronounced) but they were able to position the fingers a bit differently.

I think relaxed is on the left and Force weild (the one all the Jedi get) is on the right
palphanda.jpg

palphandb.jpg

I had a hard time telling them apart, myself. I just hope we continue to get relaxed hands with future figures.

:DYea, it's much harder to tell with the nekkid eye - especially if your nekkid eyes are as old and wrinkly as mine :D

It's obviously just a slightly tweaked version of the old hand, so I have to wonder if there was some sort of miscommunication that caused this to end up as another left hand instead of a righty. It doesn't make any sense to make such insignificant alterations for just another left hand.

if ss officially named the chancellor figure palpatine and the sith figure sideous, then why is the bust called palpatine? shouldn't it be a life size darth sideous bust?

It's obviously just a slightly tweaked version of the old hand, so I have to wonder if there was some sort of miscommunication that caused this to end up as another left hand instead of a righty. It doesn't make any sense to make such insignificant alterations for just another left hand.

On the site its listed as a force wield hand and relaxed hand :lol I would have preferred a gripping hand instead... since its just a minuscule difference.

You know after reading your review I was thinking the same thing when I got my figures today about Sidious cocktail dress. It does looking very fruity on him. I mean Flower patterns? Would Dark Lord of the sith wear Flower pattern cocktail dress underneath his robe? Kinda funny. :emperor

Maybe that's why he's so angry all the time... he wants to live as a lady Sith, but society won't let him be himself. I can sense the conflict :lol

Back