my letter to NECA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thing though - Kyle Reese appeared in T2 special edition - does this not mean a figure could be made of 1984 outfit Kyle Reese by simply saying its from Terminator 2?

Well if the T2 license is supposed to cover likenesses why can't we get Kyle Reese? Or does the fact he didn't make it into the theatrical cut interfere with that somehow?

Well if the T2 license is supposed to cover likenesses why can't we get Kyle Reese? Or does the fact he didn't make it into the theatrical cut interfere with that somehow?

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

As for the spelling and grammar mistakes, that's what stood out the most for me--not the desire to see a 12 inch Endo from NECA. Spelling and grammar truly do matter with regards to business correspondence. Typing on these boards is one thing, but official letters need to be as flawless as possible.

I'd love to buy 1/6 products from any company but HOT TOYS.
The always post some nice official pics and in the end ,you'll get a crap,oh maybe it is just for me. It's not a great deal with 100+ USD price.
and,they annouced may products and give us preorders,then rush job……what a chinese characteristic……

Gentlemen I do appologize for the grammar in the letter posted. However the letter was a quickie post I typed onto this forum. The original I didnt think to copy as it was typed into the neca email box and there was no way to retrieve a copy of it after I sent it. I took my handwritten notes and just copied them when I rewrote it and started the thread.

The double periods are just dots I have a bad habit of typing those when I am typing on the forums. And sometimes I type them for personal emails to friends. Its a real bad habit I know. I do not normally type them on important items.

Well I hope you didn't take offense to my thoughts. I just wanted to let you, and anyone else considering writing a company a letter, know that most companies don't take you seriously unless you take the time to make sure that your correspondence to them is as flawless as possible. Really. They want to know you are as professional as they are when it comes to getting what you want across to them.

I don't know about a lot of you but when I see bad writing or typing skills I don't take the person serious enough. I think of them as sloppy and uncaring enough to provide well thought out and coherent posts. It's like they aren't even paying attention to what they are typing.

How you communicate is a reflection of you as a person in my opinion. Constant use of slang, poor word choices, and bad grammar really make a person appear uneducated and it is difficult to take them seriously. Companies who get letters and see this disregard them as junk because they have the appearance of being written in haste and not well thought out.

The entire universe > McFarlane

Talk about a company going in the wrong direction...just about everything they used to touch turned to gold...now everything they touch turns to crap.
SPs and Halo these days, that's it....puke. :sick

In their heyday, they did some great stuff...Spawn, Movie Maniacs, Tortured Souls, etc. I still own a lot of that stuff. Now their just awful. :duh

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Don't forget about the AWESOME Guitar Hero figures TMP put out.:rotfl

The entire universe > McFarlane

Talk about a company going in the wrong direction...just about everything they used to touch turned to gold...now everything they touch turns to crap.
SPs and Halo these days, that's it....puke. :sick

In their heyday, they did some great stuff...Spawn, Movie Maniacs, Tortured Souls, etc. I still own a lot of that stuff. Now their just awful. :duh

I still have my spawn collection :cool: Honestly if Mcfarlane company still made bad ass spawn figures, I would'nt give a damn about 1/6 stuff :banana

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Don't forget about the AWESOME Guitar Hero figures TMP put out.:rotfl

Shut up! that never happened :monkey2:monkey2

THX-182 I did not take anything you posted offenively I do understand your point sure. It makes good sense to attempt to write a nice clean letter that doesnt make you sound like an idiot.

The email link they have is for customer service. I sincerely doubt that link was put there to hear from proffessionals. Those customer service reps are there to hear from the normal customers. Everyday people that may or may not be educated in grammar, but know how to send and email on a computer and buy a toy.

It's really a shame that the owner at Neca is not more in touch with the fanbase.
He needs to listen to his employees!

I didnt know neca didnt make aliens and predators. I guess thats mcfarlane.I have seen them in packages. How are the McFarlane Aliens and Predators 12" figures?

It's really a shame that the owner at Neca is not more in touch with the fanbase.
He needs to listen to his employees!
In what way are they not in touch? I think they have quite an impressive line-up of licenses that cater to a wide variety of audience.

I have to admit there 18" Terminator is truly awesome for less than $50.

I didnt know neca didnt make aliens and predators. I guess thats mcfarlane.I have seen them in packages. How are the McFarlane Aliens and Predators 12" figures?

Contrary to what "others" think, they're sad...very sad.
Definately not amazing by any means.

Poor sculpts, poor paint, "meh" articulation.

Now, for their time, they were considered good. But only because they were the first real figures we'd seen since Kenner's.

Back