My lando review...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks perfectly in scale to me. :dunno

review_lando12_6.jpg

HS looks a smidge bigger than what should be to me. maybe not 20% but could be smaller. Anyways, the price tag is a bit high IMHO for what he has. A pair of hands, a new gun, a re-used to death blaster, and a communicator (exclusive).

lando.jpg

review_lando12_6.jpg

Hmm...normally my opinion on something is pretty close to Michael's. In fact, I have made purchases based soley on his reviews before. This time out, I have to heartily disagree with this review. Lando is one of the best 12" figures that SS has put out in it's SW line IMO. I place him right up there with ANH Obi-Wan.

Awful lot of excuses in this thread :D

As to packaging - let me say that I'd think my explanation in the review would have made it clear. Jedi Luke was several years ago. Quality moves on. It's not like the package scored poorly, but you have to compare it against the current work of the competition. If this is four star packaging, then the work that Hot Toys and Enterbay is doing is off the charts.

I dunno if that's necessarily a fair comparison. HT's boxes look better visually, but that's about it. They're still basically the same stale "box in sleeve" design they've been doing for years, just foil covered (a gimmick comic book companies have been using for years). I know you were really jazzed about the Terminator figures, but that design is seriously flawed. If you continually have to pull off the cardboard sleeve, or aren't careful pulling it off/putting it back on the first time, sliding it up and down the Styrofoam damages the letters, bars, etc that are molded into it. That seems more flawed than an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" Sideshow box that can be repeatedly accessed sans damage.

As far as Enterbay is concerned, when you're dropping that much on a figure, it BETTER be off the charts as the higher price warrants all the bells and whistles, but it's not really fair to hold a company that produces $80 figures to the standards of one that produces figures that are 3x as much (and more).

i think the problem is that the head is too big but also our perceptions are distorted by unrealisticly proportioned super heroes etc
just my opinion and it looks awesome- been waiting for a lando - roll on LOBOT

I don't know why, but after a day like today I just about pi$$ed myself laughing so hard when I saw this.

Best response ever!

-as for Lando, I thought the review was a bit harsh. The head size looks fine to me. I agree that compared to German Indy (who looks like one of the Thunderbird or Team America puppets) this one is out of the ball park.

Last edited:
I didn't realize that intense Sam Jackson glare was a GIF. Now I'm laughing too.

I almost pooped when I first saw it! Then became transfixed. Oh crap. It's weirding me out again LOL

Damn you Nam. Damn you straight to hell for unleashing the power of that stare.

Wow. You guys are seriously trying to tell me you all disagree with Michael when he's saying that the head is oversized? it is CLEARLY oversized. Like by a lot. Sure it's a great portrait and a decent figure out of the SS collection but lets put things into perspective here.

Just because something is not really bad does not make it good. The Sideshow 12 inch figures are horrible by the standards of the rest of the stuff out there, price or not, it's about time they got with the program, slight improvements do not mean they are where they should be. Don't get me wrong here, I actually really like my Lando a lot but truth be told he is the only Star Wars human i feel is almost up to par. The only one besides Old Ben and AOTC Ben that is. The rest are simply... well not so good. In fact I had to kitbash Han and Luke like crazy with the new Stormtroooper heads to get a version of those two i was halfway happy with.

Oversized heads are one of the first things that takes the overall realism of the figure and throws it out of the window. It screams "toy" like nothing else.

the outfit was good. After I messed with it for awhile, ironed it, steamed it, seriously is all that work necissary? I guess what surprised me most was reading that Michael thought the body was tight. mine is so loose it makes me almost not like my figure. Wish there was a black narrow shoulder body because the figure looked best on that body by far.

The way I look at it is this is Sideshows answer to the truetype and it's just a horrible answer to it This body has got to go, on a TT his head would look more in scale, but even then it is too big.

I agree the head is out of scale, but I think the review was abit harsh. From the photos I've seen this has got to be one of SSC's better figures, personally besides a smaller head I would have liked more material in the cape so that it would fold better, but saying that considering most SSC figs look ordinary in most inhand shots & better in person, you got to say the this one photographs well.

Wow. You guys are seriously trying to tell me you all disagree with Michael when he's saying that the head is oversized? it is CLEARLY oversized. Like by a lot. Sure it's a great portrait and a decent figure out of the SS collection but lets put things into perspective here.

Just because something is not really bad does not make it good. The Sideshow 12 inch figures are horrible by the standards of the rest of the stuff out there, price or not, it's about time they got with the program, slight improvements do not mean they are where they should be. Don't get me wrong here, I actually really like my Lando a lot but truth be told he is the only Star Wars human i feel is almost up to par. The only one besides Old Ben and AOTC Ben that is. The rest are simply... well not so good. In fact I had to kitbash Han and Luke like crazy with the new Stormtroooper heads to get a version of those two i was halfway happy with.

Oversized heads are one of the first things that takes the overall realism of the figure and throws it out of the window. It screams "toy" like nothing else.

the outfit was good. After I messed with it for awhile, ironed it, steamed it, seriously is all that work necissary? I guess what surprised me most was reading that Michael thought the body was tight. mine is so loose it makes me almost not like my figure. Wish there was a black narrow shoulder body because the figure looked best on that body by far.

The way I look at it is this is Sideshows answer to the truetype and it's just a horrible answer to it This body has got to go, on a TT his head would look more in scale, but even then it is too big.

Lando....good......:chew

Again with the stare - Aaaaaagh!

Stop it! Stop it! My eyes! Oh lord, my eyes!

Oh, and I'm still looking forward to getting Lando big noggin, floppy body and all. Think he looks cool.

Harsh review? it still scored 3 stars. :confused:

and then 3.75 out of 5 stars, which is even higher than the voter poll

Majority love the Lando (me included) yet MWC says the head is off...well maybe your head is getting to big...I think it looks great.

as for the German Indy, well its on your website...So the blame falls on you.

Back