My growing family

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Hindsight

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought I'd take a couple of group shots to share while I was cleaning the Detolf's and they were all out. Last year I thought I'd get a Batman figure after watching TDKR. I had to wait for Batman, so while I was waiting I thought I'd pick up something to tide me over. And maybe another. Then I got a Detolf but didn't have enough figures to fill it so....

Oh and statues, those are cool, I definitely need some of those.

A familiar story to you all I'm sure.

Edit - 27/10/13 - Forgot to add the Star Wars Lego collection.

10463728224_30d2378d7f_o.jpg

10463727774_127d423a4b_o.jpg

7163897721_0574163868_o.jpg

Last edited:
What a awesome family photo . You have some classic there . Not a ugly figure there . I bought the 1/6 Hulk wife said no to the statue she didn't want to dust the damn thing lol.

Sent from my damn iPad

Thought I'd take a couple of group shots to share while I was cleaning the Detolf's and they were all out. Last year I thought I'd get a Batman figure after watching TDKR. I had to wait for Batman, so while I was waiting I thought I'd pick up something to tide me over. And maybe another. Then I got a Detolf but didn't have enough figures to fill it so....

Oh and statues, those are cool, I definitely need some of those.

A familiar story to you all I'm sure.

10463728224_30d2378d7f_o.jpg

10463727774_127d423a4b_o.jpg

Beatiful collection and lovely pics dude :clap

Your poses are outstanding. I love the Jack Joker pose and the Bane. Nice collection you have there.

Thanks guys, everyone I know has little interest in this stuff so it's nice to show it off to some people who appreciate it.

@averagejo, I collect toys mate, I don't have a girlfriend or wife ;)

@qbomb71, Thanks, the Jack Joker pose is a funny one, his one leg is perched on the stand looking very unsteady yet he moves less than the figures with both feet down when I move them. I seem to have found the perfect balance with only one leg on the base.

The Lego Family

I forgot to post this with my original photos, a few pics of the Lego Super Star Destroyer and a final pic of it with the others. I no longer have any room for the big one so looking to sell it some time soon but the others are fine, couldn't let go of the R2D2 as he's awesome.

7288638634_ca8e840914_o.jpg

7288638982_ab90bd3b58_o.jpg

The Lego Family

I forgot to post this with my original photos, a few pics of the Lego Super Star Destroyer and a final pic of it with the others. I no longer have any room for the big one so looking to sell it some time soon but the others are fine, couldn't let go of the R2D2 as he's awesome.

7288638634_ca8e840914_o.jpg

7288638982_ab90bd3b58_o.jpg

Very cool! I am a big Lego fan and have been since I was a child. Really happy to see some Lego displays on the forum :hi5:

A great week for me ended with two unexpected additions to my collection. First of all ditch from Comics 'N' Toys revealed that he had the Harley Quinn statue that I'd been trying to get hold of for ages but could never find anywhere in the UK. I was really happy to get this figure and it's awesome. I'd seen it ages ago at a local Forbidden Planet but when I went back to get it, they had sold out. Been looking every since.

2.jpg

Then later in the week I was at Forbidden Planet and saw that they had the Batman v Bane statue in the widow for £50, sold as seen. They are still selling this for about £280 on their website so I asked what was wrong with it and he showed me a horrible stain on the cape. Thing is, it's on the back of the cape so you can fold the cape over so it's not visible, but that doesn't matter anyway if it's in a cabinet as you can't see the back of the cape anyway. It's not a statue I would have bought but for £50 I couldn't say no, when the only fault with it isn't even visible once in the cabinet. Bargain!

1.jpg

Looooooong time no post.

My collection is pretty much complete for now. Got a few other bits and bobs coming but nothing major. I like the way everything looks now and I don't want to box stuff up or crowd things in. I've always preferred the museum type displays I see on here where everything is spaced out and not crammed in. Some extra PF's can go in the bottom of the DC side as I had Harley and Joker together for a bit and they looked great but for now at least, I'm happy and done.

Thought I'd share some pics and also let you guys know about a couple of problems I solved in case it helps anyone else out. First problem was the doors, which I finally just accepted that I wasn't going to get as Ikea don't seem keen to produce longer doors and I don't want to squash everything in to fit the smaller doors.

That left me with the issue of covering up the bottom panels where I didn't want any statues as my office is small and you can't see down there so it's used for storage. the normal Besta doors are too big and the half doors too small. in the end I resolved the problem by using Stuva shelves turned on their side. The aren't attached, although you could hinge them up if you wanted. If you put a Besta shelf at the bottom of the cabinet they just fit in and hold in place against the two shelves and the outer frame. Hope that makes sense. I think it looks great and you can just pull them down to access the storage space behind, they won't fall.

The second issue was what to do with my Hot Toys as I didn't really like the way they looked in the Besta on half shelves as you couldn't really see the second tier on each shelf too well as the larger shelf blocked the view. In the end I decided to just use the Stuva and have half shelves all the way down so that the view was not obscured. Obviously you can't fit as many on but I think it looks much better personally.

Anyway, enough waffle, some pics of my completed (for now) office.

Attachments

• 16957282071_2d6f8e79fc_c.jpg
    16957282071_2d6f8e79fc_c.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 16957247651_0c8d4a88db_c.jpg
    16957247651_0c8d4a88db_c.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 16956884772_425d6726ee_c.jpg
    16956884772_425d6726ee_c.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 16958239385_8e3dbeb2b1_c.jpg
    16958239385_8e3dbeb2b1_c.jpg