my friend died at the weekend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morbo

Super Freak
Reaction score
My friend who I've worked with alongside every day for the last 4years died in a fire at the weekend. I found out on Tuesday when I came into work.
It was in the local paper, with a picture of the garage that was completely burnt to the ground.
https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/8360439.Body_found_after_Piddlehinton_blaze/

He had a wife and two teenage kids. so sad, he was only 44.

We never did the whole "friends outside of work" thing, but I found out from his wife he always used to talk about me and my baby Jack.
He made work seem not so bad, we used to have a laugh together.

I know none of you know him or me, but I just needed to write something down, to tell anyone that I miss him :monkey2

My condolences, Morbo.
I've had many "work friends" that I never realized how important they were until I (or they) moved on to another job. But certainly nothing with this finality. It must be awful.
Very sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear that pal. My condolences. I also lost a friend this week. 34 yrs old. its always a shame to hear of a life cut short. My thoughts are with you and his family. Keep your chin up.

My friend who I've worked with alongside every day for the last 4years died in a fire at the weekend. I found out on Tuesday when I came into work.
It was in the local paper, with a picture of the garage that was completely burnt to the ground.
https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/8360439.Body_found_after_Piddlehinton_blaze/

He had a wife and two teenage kids. so sad, he was only 44.

We never did the whole "friends outside of work" thing, but I found out from his wife he always used to talk about me and my baby Jack.
He made work seem not so bad, we used to have a laugh together.

I know none of you know him or me, but I just needed to write something down, to tell anyone that I miss him :monkey2

Been through the same thing Morbo. I lost a friend of mine that I worked with for 5 years in the Station Nightclub Fire back in 2003 (his wife also perished). It was pretty painful. He was a great guy, always having time to chat and a laugh. Made going to work enjoyable for what it was. He always used to invite me to shows that he would perform at including several shows at the Station Nightclub. He used to joke that no matter how many invites, I never went :lol :monkey2. His band happened to be opening for Great White that night and he was enthusiastic about performing on the same stage.

You are probably in the same state of shock that I was in when I heard similar news. Just remember the good times that you had working with him. It's a tragic scenario that hits close to home for me. My condolences to you and his family...

You have all of my sympathies. Even though you didn't really hang outside of work I know you kind of get used to seeing that same person at work everyday. A friend at work is very valuable especially when you find out that they told their family about you. I wish you and his family the best of luck.

that isreally sad to hear aside from family i think friends are important to have in your life even if its work friends. My condolences

ohh man ! that is terrible.
:( :( :(

My condolences to the family and to you man.
God I Can Imagine hes wife.
When I lost one of my best friends january 21 2009 I was the worst thing in my life.

he left wife and 2 kids at 36 years old.
so so sad.

I hope you feel better soon man.

Back