My experience with BobbyC (Bob Causey) and his 1/3 Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaman

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I wanted to share with all of you my experience with BobbyC.
Let me tell you first that I love his work (that is why I contacted him) and I'm just warning people because I think this is not how you do business.

So here is what I received 2 years ago.

From far it looks great, amazing likeness as you all know !!!
But when you look at the details...

Dirt on both hands (impossible to clean and I tried many many times).

I tried to put the glue drop away, impossible too without damaging the glove.

Many dirty marks on the clothes, impossible to clean too.

For the socks, I think the picture tells more than I can...

What you see under the shoe is a piece of electric cord and a little piece of paper to hold the statue.

Re: My experience with BobbyC and his 1/3 Joker

And there are more dirt and glue marks on all the stand (I used a lot of different products, nothing cleaned it).

They were also some green marks on the skin, not the worst problem I think, but still...

And for the end, the eyes... As you can see they are bubbles everywhere, even inside the eyeballs !!!

The statue is falling down little by little, not stable at all.
I asked BobbyC for a replacement or a compensation, he agreed but everytime we could come to a deal he plays dead.
Today, I must say I don't really care about this statue anymore, I waited some time to not wrote this down with anger.
I just wanted to let people know what they could expect for some thousands dollars (it still hurt a bit when I think about the money I spent in this).

I know some of you had some great deals with him (for some lifesize silicone busts or full statues), but I just couldn't keep this from myself.

Never forget : think well before buying

Here are still some nice pictures of the statue (I tried to hide the defects) :

Sorry to hear this man, it does look like **** though. Honestly I'd be pissed if I payed more than a hundred dollars for it.

Its one thing to recieve a bad product, its another for the artist to not back up his work. He should provide you with a new statue or your money back. There is zero excuse for an artist to not communicate with their client. You should be pissed. I would be.

wow that looks like a big bag of dog s*** .
I cannot believe that he actually sent that to you.
what ,did he think you were not going to examine every detail after you spent thousands of dollars on it.
totally unacceptable, that man should be embarrassed.

im sorry this happen to you. I hope you get compensation

Unfortunately this is the risk I'm not willing to take with Independent Artists. I know there are many out there with excellent work ethics and the product to back it up but I don't want to go through the possibility of getting a bad product and the nightmare thereafter. That's why I stick to big companies who hopefully ( although we have seen otherwise ) have a QC process and are more committed to deadlines and the like. Sorry to hear about your experience and hope he does the right thing .

Having said that , the pose is really awkward at least imo.

Hi Guys, first and foremost,this is not what I sent, 2nd I have contacted him many times to try to take care this for him.
3rd I always contact all my clients and give them my personal phone number, they can call anytime day or night
the last email I sent him

Hi there
very sorry you have to deal with that, I believe the glue drop is really easy to clean ,
what I can do is a few things,
1 you can send him back and I will clean and detail him very good. fix all problems,
2. I can send you new hands and new sock material
3 let me know what characters you like and I can see if I can send something to compensate for your problems.

Unfortunately I dont have the money at this time to do a refund but I Will take care of you to make sure you feel good about the deal,
again sorry for the inconvenience, but we will work it out.
Thanks

this is did not leave my home like this. he took it to some guy to fix the leg.
so there is 2 sides to the story this was 2 years ago and he still has not given me a definitive answer to what he wanted.
I have answered every single email and have even pushed the issue .

Oh yeah new Joker in works
unnamed.jpg

If someone wants to voice criticism, do so in a respectful way, or don't do it at all. Also, bypassing the language filter is a violation of board rules.

There are always two sides to every story. I would love to hear a response. Thanks for posting Bob. That new Joker looks awesome by the way. Love the pose.

To be fair, it didn't look very good to begin with.

bobby says it was sent out to be worked on by the owner, how do you know what it looked like in the begining ?? sorry but you dont. neither do i, but seeing as i have had plenty of bobby's works in my collection, i can say mine were recieved everytime with perfection. bobby is a perfectionist, that right there should tell you that this joker didnt leave looking like this, not saying there wasnt a small problem, but it looks like bobby is being blamed for somebody else's shoddy attempt. i do not know this guy at all, but i do know bobby's reputation, and in the hobby it is highly respected and well deserved. all of what i see does not fit his m.o., i think a small problem just got bigger and bigger, then lead to this. thats my opinion, wrong or right.

lol, did bubbaman start this thread to point out the problems he has had in dealing with a custom artist?

Or did he do it so that bobbyc could turn it into a multi-post advertisment for his latest product?

Classy attempt at distraction, bobbyc. Very classy.

:rolleyes:

Back