My Darth Maul review...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I actually snapped it off awhile ago. Right off. Damn it. So eventually Connor is going to need a new body *sigh*

pixletwin said:
I agree with everything in Michael's review except for the bit about the gloved hands... Mine are a pain in the butt to aim and shoot onto the pegs.. the pegs on my Maul's wrists move WAAAAAAY to easily... so um... yeah

Ditto. I agree with the four stars but I had a hard time getting the hands back on too.

Mike, you really need to fix the poofy shoulders though. That is turning some people off, and it is easily fixable, with a little water. Although, I think I remember you having a "no fixing" policy, now that I think about it.

Good review. I would probably put Obi-Wan as my first 4-star fig, with Darth Maul sharing that score as well.

Mine finally arrived today, after a delay in shipping. I Just finished removing him from the box and checking him out. I have to agree that he's in the top 3 released so far.

Obi-Wan still has the top podium, in my opinion, but Maul just took the silver. Mine has a perfect "tat" paintjob as well. My only nitpick is with the boots. While they may be film accurate, they just look too big and "plasticy". But no biggie.

I love the to-scale headsculpt as well. What's funny is if you put him next to the other figures, he definitely brings out the melon-head syndrome on them. I think the only exception is Mace, who's noggin is more to scale than the other humans.

The toughest thing now is deciding how to pose him. And that's one of the best compliments you can give to a well designed 12" figure.

Now bring on Chewie, old Ben Kenobi, the two droids and no questions asked... ;)

pixletwin said:
I agree with everything in Michael's review except for the bit about the gloved hands... Mine are a pain in the butt to aim and shoot onto the pegs.. the pegs on my Maul's wrists move WAAAAAAY to easily... so um... yeah

Yah mine too. And the gloves themselves makes that bit of articulation almost useless anyhow.

Sorry you got the lazy eye going, Michael. That's disappointing.

Great review and Great pics as always Michael! My freinds gave me cash for Christmas that I put towards this figure so when I was at their house I pulled up your review to show them what they helped me buy. They saw the first pic and thought it was a poster cause it looks so real.

As always your reviews are wonderful, and I am glad Lord Maul got a full 4 stars. I spent almost 2 hours the other week reading a bunch of your reviews--great stuff!

Back