My Custom Projects (was My Vaporator)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll mess around with the vests and see what I can come up with. The gloves, I dunno....thats about how my thumbs look. :dunno

I found myself a couple pair of sandtrooper shins, So Dengar is back on the front burner! I also worked on his backpack and the vaporator. Pics to come.

Have a good night fellas! I need to get back to family time before I get castrated.

Mate the pilots are looking great and I like how you and the other guys have different idea's for the vests. And being a made Trekkie I totally love the chair/helm and the bridge section.

Ron

Mate the pilots are looking great and I like how you and the other guys have different idea's for the vests. And being a made Trekkie I totally love the chair/helm and the bridge section.

Ron

Thanks Ron. I'm glad you like them!

Here's a couple of cell phone pics of the weathered vaporator I took as I walked by after taking out the trash. Not real good, I know, but if you squint they look less shaky :slap I had some guys over yesterday and they thought it looked good up close. I'll work on some better pictures for you guys, with the requested "wee dollies" ASAP.
1129100518.jpg
1129100517.jpg
1129100516.jpg

I did put a some rust on it where the paint is flaked. I may tone down some of the larger chips and I plan to mist the whole thing in a buff color to simulate dust. If anyone sees anything glaringly pants :rotfl please let me know. I'm open to constructive criticism.

By the way the yellow level standing next to it is marked 35cm if that helps you metric guys. Just a little taller than our figures.

OOow matron!! That is just fantastic.. no constructive criticism from me only why haven't I got one??? looking forward to some close up with lots of dollies action :)

Here's a final shot of the vaporator with a wee dollie for scale as requested by Mark.
DSCN1430.jpg

Next, Dengar in progress. Don't mind the mess. The chap to the right is one of my next figures in line to be customized.
DSCN1432.jpg

Needs weathering and straps. Ordered up shoulders from Toy Anxiety today with some other bits. The gloves are DID, courtesy of my pal Chuck. The belt is a conglomeration I made from some wound packing (unused) and a DML nazi buckle sanded off with a sparkly sequin glued to it- then painted, of course. I'm looking for alternatives to the pouches on the side. Endor rebels kit just doesn't get it.
DSCN1435.jpg

The lower legs. Used my custom boots and SS shins, cut open heated and bent. Still need straps.

DSCN1436.jpg

Work in progress on the pack. Will be attaching to webbing which will hopefully incorporate the new shoulders, chestplate and backpack. The white belt runs through loops on the back of this pack. Also, I want to add the crotch strap as on the statue of him kneeling.
DSCN1438.jpg

So, a few more bits, a DML MG42 and Dengar will be ready to roll!! :yess:

man that looks so good!! I love it well done and the weathering looks fab.

Dengar is really taking shape and that headless astromech looks brilliant!!!

I forgot to mention, for the pouches on Dengar. I used the pouches from the Hasbro Snowtrooper and repainted them.

They look spot on based on the reference pictures I have seen.

Way to go with that Dengar.....
Thumbs up....

Thanks Danny, couldn't have done it without you... literally! :hi5:

The rest of you, thanks for the encouragement.

Chaka: I thought those would be good pouches as well, but my Snowtrooper is missing them. I may have to get out the needle and thread. :slap

Due to some financial setbacks, I'm selling my vaporator. I figured I'd post it here first in case anyone wants it. For you guys, I'm open to offers of cash/money order/paypal. If I can't work out a deal by Friday, I'll go to eBay. If that doesn't work, I may have to trade it to Jawas for blue milk.

EDIT: contact me directly: bjones833 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Back