My Custom Projects (was My Vaporator)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjones833

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I've been lurking here for a while, looking over everyone's great custom work. I have several customs in the works, none nearing completion enough to show off.
I've been messing with this project off and on for three years or so now. Here's how it started.
HPIM0375.jpg

I decided to dust it off tonight while watching Star Wars. Its been untouched in a box in my garage since I moved 18 months ago.
1029100152.jpg
1029100153a.jpg
1029100153.jpg

Right now, I'm working on the thin outer tubes, messing with them to get the right look. It isn't exactly like the famous ones on Luke's farm, but there seem to be dozens of variations in Mos Eisley scenes.
Excuse the poor camera work, my camera isn't working so I used my phone and they're pretty lo-res. I'll try to post better ones as I go along.
I saw this guy lurking around. Maybe he has some parts I can use.
HPIM0981.jpg

He could use the money to get a new gun!

Last edited:
Re: My Vaporator Project

Ah fanchuffintyastic another lurker comes clean and posts and its looks grand, and either you have tiny doors in your house or you have made life sized Jawa!!! Coooooool.

And your Vaporator looks great can not wait to see more pics!!!

And Great to see you out of the shadows!!

Blows mine away. Nice job and welcome. Hopefully this is just the first of many projects from you.

Jeff

:clap

Cool stuff! Welcome to the SW Customs section! :)

I look forward to seeing the other projects you mentioned weren't ready to be shown yet. And that vaporator has potential!

Thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement guys! There is some great work here. I've been unsuccessfully trying to emulate a lot of it. Looking forward to being part of the crowd.
Bryan

Here's a couple pics of one I did a while ago (not sure if you've seen it buried in the achieves yet). It's made from foam board, cardboard tubes, dowels, etc...So your well on the way since it seems your already using better materials and you've captured more detail. If you check my thread, freak Sergui posted some awesome pics of the real props when he actually went and visited the site. Those pics were very helpful to me. Perhaps you'd find something in there you could use.

lastvap001.jpg

lastvap002.jpg

lastvap005.jpg

I'm not meaning to hijack with my pics, just hope to inspire you some.
We DO like pics in this section!!:lol

Thanks! I did see yours. It looks good. I like the Treadwell, too. I don't remember seeing the actual set pictures. I'll have to look that up. Any help is appreciated, so if you have inspiration or ideas, please chime in.
Mine is a jumble of materials. I used PVC pipes in various diameters, plus sheet styrene. I'm what my friends call 'hamfisted' and can't work with delicate materials, or I would :slap
I had planned on having one of the gratings come off to expose the inside workings, until I found out its hard enough to detail the outside.

Well Bryan you sure are one of the gang, I would love to see more pics of the vaporator its always been a bit of a fav and Jeff did a great job, I just need to get cracking on one.

Great job on the Vaporator! :clap Wish I could have brought one of these with me:

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

Hummm the smaller ones look cool to.... hummm very nice. JKNO, remind me about these in a month or two!

Welcome bjones833.

Nice job on the moisture vaporator, its always a treat to see peoples work on bigger props and such since they are not often done because they can get quite big. :lol

Wow, nice pics! Its always to see how a little creativity can make suck cool things out of plywood and pipe that look great on screen.

I've been working on mine this afternoon, I'll put up some pics a little later.

Ok, a pretty productive day in the workshop!
First, a little work on the vaporator:
HPIM1290.jpg

HPIM1292.jpg

HPIM1291.jpg

Should be ready for paint and weathering soon!
Still trying to find some greeblies to add some pizazz.
And a little custom figure work to break up the day:
HPIM1300.jpg
and this factory head, livened up by my pal and fellow 1:6 scale (WWII) enthusiast Chuck (HansAlbin56)

Last edited:
Back