My Custom Made TOD Bridge (UPDATE pg.4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Custom Made TOD Bridge

That is ridiculously amazing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you everyone for the very kind words! That really means a lot!

I should have written a response back earlier than this, but its been so busy at school and the end of the first marking period. 4th Graders...

And I have to write just how great it is to get to share with everyone on here projects that I work on. When I tell people "I paint 1/6 scale action figures," then "I paint dollies," I often get odd responses back. I do have some more things to share in the future that will hopefully be completed soon like a Fate of Atlantis dio in a fish tank and an Evil Dead 2 dio not in a fish tank. I don't usually post things on here though because I get too self conscious due to everyones extremely amazing work haha.

I also read somewhere that the real rope bridge was 300 feet long, which would make a 1/6 version be 50 feet long. I may have to stick with a smaller length or buy stock in hemp rope.

Just curious though, do you think anyone would be interested in these if I put some more together at that size or smaller? or larger? Might be fun to do. Maybe I'll make a couple better versions and see if anyone wants them instead of a made to order. Just thinking out loud.

I love it, but you are bat**** crazy.

Thanks and I certainly agree with you :lol

That is incredibly good. I would love to see this set up outside between two cliffs somehow. Or even better make some paper mache' mountains. Keep up the great work.

I would love to do that. That's a great idea! Just as long as my girlfriend is okay with that haha. I need a house and a mancave.

Is that a permanent display?

Nooo but it could be if I made paper mache cliffs on my wall :lol

Thanks again everyone!

Would be cool if you made a video of making a small part of the bridge. Like making the wood parts and sewing everything together. Great work.

Best,

Robert

I don't think there is any reason to he self conscious if you're bringing things like this to the board. Excellent work.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Magnificent work! Tell, and boots at it from skin?

I'm in the middle of moving. In our new house i'll finally have my MAN CAVE!!!! You're all invited fellow indy fans :p.

Best,

Robert

Hey everyone! Long time no update. I finally finished my new and improved TOD bridge for the new house. Its about 8 feet long so rough 3 times bigger than the last one. Made of steel rods, basswood, hemp, and a ton of glue. The next step is to make 6-8 thuggees to put on either end. I'll have to learn how to sew I guess. I probably be selling off the first bridge at some point here or on ebay if anyone is interested.

giphy.gif

Mother of god!

That's fantastic! Great work!

Dang, that's slick. Now I'm torn between making a ROTLA hovitos temple escape and something like this. Thank you for sharing!

Back