My Custom Highlander figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texlander

Super Freak
Reaction score
I finally got some pics done of the Highlander customs I've been working on. After Sideshow dropped the line, I figured the only way I'd get all the gang was to do it myself - though with a TON of help from people and boards like this one.

A very, very special thanks goes out to Tys1977. There's no way I could have done my Ramirez figure without his help!!

I know most of the people here seem to be fans (if at all) of the movie and not the series. I'm more of a series man myself, but hopefully someone can appreciate these anyway.

First up, my modern-day Methos. I couldn't believe when I found this head. Scary accurate, I thought. I customized the sword to make it like his. I think it came out pretty well.

Here's Amanda. This was the head I thought resembled her most. I still need to find a sword for her. I have another head that I'll paint to give her the "white hair" look she sometimes had.

Here's the one that really started everything: my Ramirez. I really wanted one of these. Anyway, I'm really happy with how it came out. Tys1977 helped with pointing me in the direction of the materials. I also was able to find some iron-on nailheads for the sleeves. Instead of painting the piping like he did (I'm neither that talented nor that patient), I found some string that had the right color and consistency and used a liquid stitch to place it on. I think it came out really well.

It's not 100% finished. I still need to get a scabbard, some painting on the gloves, and do some work on the hat band. Oh, and of course I'd like to find a better headsculpt, at least without the full beard. Been trying for months to get hold of Spencer, but he's ignoring me.

And I didn't forget about Richie. Here he is in his Season 5 persona. I think I matched the clothes pretty well. The sword was pretty much set, just painted. The head I thought matched pretty well. I made him a bit blonder all around.

And here's a preview of the next figure. WIP, but lmost ready!

Origins Methos: The Four Horsemen

I like the Ramirez but he needs a new sculpt. There are a couple of good ones out there that have better detail. Great work on the outfit-looks like alot of work.

The Ramirez outfit looks great... I'd try and get the Sideshow Henry Jones figure; would probably be the best one for Connery with a beard.

Thanks!

Yeah, that head is really just temporary until I can find a better one. I don't have the skills for modifying heads or repainting, so I'm kind of holding out until I can find something mostly done already.

Ramizez' outfit is stunning. And yes, there are some much better Connery heads out there, but this one makes a good placeholder until you find one that makes you happy.

We should have had at least Methos, Richie and Amanda before SSC flushed the Highlander license, but....(Bitter? Naaah.)
Your renditions of the three are some nice work, especially the head choice for Methos. And now I know what to do with that teen figure that's been sitting in my loose figure box-thanks for the inspiration!
Any ideas on a sword for Amanda? It's hard to find good 1:6 swords that aren't heavy blades or Asian designs.

(JFYI, if anyone's interested: the old Dragon CD Wai headsculpt also makes a great Methos, with a little work.)

Thanks, Katya!

I agree, SSC really should kept it going. There are alot of possibilities.

I've been looking around hard for something that'll work for Amanda's sword. There's a sword that comes with the Buffy accessory pack that is about the right design, I'm just not sure if it's the right size. And I've seen some letter openers that look ok. Like this:

https://www.firebirdarts.com/catalog/sword-tizona-bronze-p-4099.html

Back again!

I finally finished up a couple more of my figures. I'm really proud of how these two came out, as when I first started I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but I think they ended up pretty good.

First up is fan favorite and a very unique one:

Sunda Kastagir

I still have to get someone to paint the eyes for me, but otherwise he's done. The sword and robes are completely custom made, the outfit was bashed from ebay. FYI, the flash washed the colors out just a bit.

And no Kastagir would be complete without a little "Boom, boom"

Next up is one I thought was really different. Though I'm an admitted Duncan fan, I do love Connor, and was happy to find a version to do here:

Ravena Connor Macleod

From the Ravena, Italy training scene from Endgame. The outfit is just a modification of the French Guardsman, but with added gloves, boots, and pendant I found/modified. The sash is actually Origins Duncan's belt .

The head was a custom that floating around out there, and given the roughness of it I thought it fit Connor at that time.

I also added a ponytail from another figure (Origin's Angel), which I though worked really well.

I got a couple more that I'm finishing up as well, so more to come.

Thoughts and comments are welcome!

"Oh no, I remember the last time we had a party..."

I've been promising it for a while, and here he is finally. This is one I think I had the most fun with, just because I look at it and it reminds me of that crazy drunken scene. Love it.

And so I present to you...

Boston Common Duel Connor Macleod

The main outfit is from an Angel Origins Liam figure, but the pants are different -- got them off a cheap colonial figure. The wig is the closest I could get, from a great seller on ebay who also provided the Horseman Methos wig. The sword is a slightly modified German officer's sword.

I tried to pose him kinda drunk. I think he looks drunk :nana:

Here's an update I've been meaning to post. I've had this figure finished for a while, but hadn't updated the thread with pics yet.

Anyway, here is my finished (?) Ramirez. I've got a new, more realistic head. It's not the one I really want or will likely end up using, but it's better than the one I had on originally.

You'll also notice I've finished the hat, adding the band and buckle. The other major addition is the saya (scabbard). I couldn't find anything to fit the sword, so I made one myself. I then added some painting touches to make it seem a bit more authentic. it fits the sword beautifully.

I'm a bit hesitant to post pics of this one, since he's not 100% finished yet, but why not...

LAKOTA DUNCAN 1872

It's not exactly like the one on screen, BUT I actually think the screen one is a bit too plain anyway (like a brown sack). This one has a bit more character. It's still pretty close (the neckline and the pants are really the only major differences), and even has the pattern on the sleeves. I did some modification on the outfit, removing some of the striping on the front and painting the neckline.

I had originally wanted to use a long-haired Duncan head, but I didn't have an extra one. And even so, looking at the screencaps, Duncan's hair is much straighter and longer than the Origins Duncan head anyway. So I'd probably have to use a wig anyway. But re-watching Line of Fire, there is a scene with Duncan's hair tied back, so I'm calling it good enough

I modified and painted to spear to look more like the one from that episode. I need to do some work on it still around the feather and its wrapping. I'm also going to add a few other accessories, like a tomohawk, the necklace he gave the kid, maybe some moccassins if I can find some that will work.

So anyway, here's a mostly complete Lakota Duncan.

Thanks, guys!

I think I can use a modified version of that head that might be even closer. It's a work in progress, but getting closer all the time :)

great collection of figures you have there.
It's a shame we never got Ramirez or Kastigir in the original run.

Did you use the severed Kastigir head from the exclusive Kurgan for your figure?

Thanks!

Yes, I made a mold of the Kastagir head that came with the Kurgan, cast it, and fitted it onto the body. Mighty_Jabba was kind enough to finish up the painting of the eyes and I should have some updated photos of that soon.

Since I did cast a few Kastagirs, I'm thinking of maybe doing an Origins version of him. Maybe also a Zulu warrior version too.

I've also got a few other figures I'm working as well.

UPDATES:

Got my Kastagir back from the painter (the talented Mighty_Jabba) who was kind enough to finish the eyes for me, and I think it turned out pretty cool. So here is my Sunda Kastagir, finally finished:

Back