My custom Ghostbusters Ray Stantz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to the board, and very excited to see SO many other people making custom GB figures...and here I thought I was the only one! I wanted to post some pics of the one I made last year, and get some feedback and suggestions if nothing else. There are things I'll be doing a little differently on the next ones, but as my first ever major 12" custom, I feel privileged to share it with you. BTW, thank God for Ada, right? lol

Jason

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

PackCloseUp.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Traps1.jpg

Traps2.jpg

That is some great detail work on the traps and proton pack. You've got some awesome skill. Love the black light slime!!

Awesome Ray! Thanks for posting all the detailed pictures. Maybe you could let us know where you got the pieces, what is made, what is custom, what you bashed, etc., that would be great! I am looking forward to seeing the other Ghostbusters. Thanks again.

I love the attention to detail - the proton pack is amazing.

Thanks for sharing.

Damn that proton pack looks amazing! I hope I will be able to get a painted and assembled one.

How did you make those patches?

Thanks! The patches are printed on a thin adhesive vinyl I use at work. A decent home printer and some nice paper works, too. And if the paper's too thick, you can always peel the layers to achieve and thinner "to scale" look. Then you can adhere them with, what I consider the BEST permanent glue, Super Glue High Performance Future Glue....it's great stuff!

Wow impressive to say the least. I recognize a few things because I have picked them up for my busters as well. The boots are the newline german jump boots from the looks (I have two pair myself). And your belt looks to be a DID cloth web belt. But I must say those are some sexy gloves, where did you locate gloves with cuffs that are large enough to wear over the flight suit? I have been looking all over for loose gloves to tuck into the belt but it's like finding hens teeth.
I might have missed this but what type of figure is your Ray built on? And what did you use for the UV reactive slime? After first seeing the black light photos I would have never dreamed it would be so translucent with regular lighting.
Congratulations on making such fantastic Stantz figure.

-Spook

that kicks ass man ! :rock
I mentioned this in another thread but your myspace layout is fantastic.
I used to make them myself all the time for myself and others and you have skills my friend.

The figure is perfect , the pack is amazing !.
Keep up the awesome work dude !.

Tay

Thanks to everyone for the compliments! It's always so awesome when others appreciate all the hard work that goes into these projects.

Yeah, Spook_Nukem...those German boots are great! The real leather, laces and soles add SO much more realism as opposed to plain ol' rubber/plastic boots...plus they allow much more ankle movement. Regarding the gloves, the "tuckable" ones to fit in the a pocket or belt are fine for just that, but trying to actually get them ON the hands is impossible. So, to fix this problem, I used the gloves from Sideshow's Darth Maul figure...just shaved down a bit for a more accurate, shorter glove. These work very well since the material they were cast in is very bendable, making poses and grasps a lot easier to achieve. They don't "cover" the suit cuffs, but when bunched right up against the glove, it looks about right.

The body I used is your standard Hot Toys Truetype body. IMO, these are the best in the industry right now...super posable with optional neck joints and hands!

And as for the slime...I just used glow-in-the-dark paint from a local craft shop. After testing it out first, I found that it provides just the right amount of a subtle "slimed" look under regular lighting, but when under a black light, that's when the "ooohs and aahhs" come out! lol :D

that kicks ass man ! :rock
I mentioned this in another thread but your myspace layout is fantastic.
I used to make them myself all the time for myself and others and you have skills my friend.

The figure is perfect , the pack is amazing !.
Keep up the awesome work dude !.

Thanks Tay!

Thanks! The patches are printed on a thin adhesive vinyl I use at work. A decent home printer and some nice paper works, too. And if the paper's too thick, you can always peel the layers to achieve and thinner "to scale" look. Then you can adhere them with, what I consider the BEST permanent glue, Super Glue High Performance Future Glue....it's great stuff!

We are still looking for someone who can do the patches for our Ghostbusters in the Ada commisioned Murray head thread. Are you available to make some more for us?

Back