My custom 1/6 Ambassador Spock sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awen

Freakalicious
Reaction score
COMPLETED PHOTOS OF THE AMBASSADOR SPOCK SCULPT ON PAGE 2

Ive tried an attempt at sculpting an 1/6 Ambassador Spock head from the new Star Trek film, its my first try at sculpting a human likeness. Let me know what you think! Also any ideas what to sculpt next...

Last edited:
Nice work so far. Get that detail in there and you're on track. As for who's next do what you really want it would help keep you excited.

Nice work so far. Get that detail in there and you're on track. As for who's next do what you really want it would help keep you excited.

Thanks Dwing! I think its up to as good as i can get it at the moment with my level of skill, but i'll keep practicing and trying with the detail. I just dont know how the pro's do it :thud:

I could tell you, but,of course, I would then have to kill you(it would be messy)...PS

Added photos of the completed Ambasador Spock sculpt.

Its my first try at doing anything this small, im really happy with it. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice in sculpting it!!!

Would love any helpfully opinions on it! good or bad, im still learning :)

Rus

I can't really tell but by the last pic, it kind of looks like his eyes are on the flat side. If you can curve them a bit that helps with the realism.

One method that most try until you get used to sculpting eyes is the bb method. You can insert a bb inside the sculpt and sculpt over the lids and it will keep the shape of the eye ball for you. Now this might not work with all sculpts that have a likeness on a eye that might not be that small but it's a start on understand eyes with sculpting.

Overall it's really awesome for just beginning! :rock

Last edited:
Awesome!! Thanks Skiman!! Your right they are a little flat, im going to see if i can correct it with some liquified clay painted on, it should work if i can do it correctly. The BB sounds like a much better idea for in future though! :)

Rus

I can't really tell but by the last pic, it kind of looks like his eyes are on the flat side. If you can curve them a bit that helps with the realism.

One method that most try until you get used to sculpting eyes is the bb method. You can insert a bb inside the sculpt and sculpt over the lips and it will keep the shape of the eye ball for you. Now this might not work with all sculpts that have a likeness on a eye that might not be that small but it's a start on understand eyes with sculpting.

Overall it's really awesome for just beginning! :rock

Last edited:
I can tell from your first sculpt that you've got talent. I can clearly see it's a Vulcan, he looks a bit sinister, and I don't see much Nimoy in the sculpt, but the neck and skin details are just :clap Please don't take what I just wrote the wrong way, but if this is your first go at it as you say, you have SERIOUS potential!

Thanks for the feedback stshammgod! and also your kind words! :) Ive been compairing to photos of 'old Spock' and your right i think the chin is still off for a good likness of Nimoy.
haha yes i was trying to go for thoughtfull but i guess ive gone too much and come off sinister. :slap I'll see if i can sort out these pointers!

Thanks again! :)

I can tell from your first sculpt that you've got talent. I can clearly see it's a Vulcan, he looks a bit sinister, and I don't see much Nimoy in the sculpt, but the neck and skin details are just :clap Please don't take what I just wrote the wrong way, but if this is your first go at it as you say, you have SERIOUS potential!

My newest attempt at Ambassador Spock Spock from the latest movie.

Its not 100% finished but i'd love to know what everyone thinks and if you've got any advice how to make it better...

COMPLETED custom 1/6 Ambassador Spock sculpt

Completed my first head sculpt!! :yess: :thud:

Thanks to everyone who commented and gave me feedback on here! I owe you one! :)

Heres the finished pics (theyre not the best quality images but i only have my iphone)

Trying my hand at a 1:6 Rick O'Connel sculpt next and then possibly a female...Angelina Jolie?!

Looks in porportion. I would smooth out some of the wrinkles. Mostly cheeks and neck. You have him at maybe 80 when he's 70 in the pic. Hard to explain but maybe remove every third wrinkle.

Re: My custom 1/6 Spock Prime sculpt

Havent been on here in some time but thought id put an update of my sculpt :)

Im now sculpting the body for him and going to make him into a kit, it'll be my first so it's taking a while to do but its loads of fun :wink1:

Back