My Collection (Mixed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
l_9f548b0aaaa495c270c951565d867258.jpg

l_888174e4157fc159bc9ab84df23d5675.jpg

l_46ec47e4d8cc3c602f412991da6d2c3c.jpg

l_5c4ad5e0bd7b33a9540b5ec3de66b1dd.jpg

l_fcd355b701f7c365d2df4604c1272fc7.jpg

l_a5be0319100b0d8d14a10f9a71d670cf.jpg

l_e1b29a489f7cecd76c3ae1d6d182e9d9.jpg

And here is YouTube Video I did a few weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vcqoXNGevE

Me like.:D Can't wait to have the space and enough quality items to set up my own theatre room.:rock

The Force is stronw with you & your collection!
That's one awesome collection I like your Star Wars stuff and your Harry Potter items as well!
:chew

Almost Three Years, time for an update. Here is the collection room as of last month (and after it flooded this past October):

Video via YouTube:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULLK_6rrc3k"]YouTube - Yodasnews Star Wars Collection Room - Home Theater - Man Cave 2011 Update[/ame]

Last edited:
That is one seriously impressive collection! I wish I had the space for a media room...

Sorry to hear about the flood :( What caused it, and did you lose anything?

Great collection!

My collection room got flooded too a few years back. Sorry to hear about your flood.:(

That is one seriously impressive collection! I wish I had the space for a media room...

Sorry to hear about the flood :( What caused it, and did you lose anything?

Thank You.

This past October, We had super heavy rain in PA. At one point it was 2 to 3 inches an hour. I have a sump pump but at that rate it could not keep up and stared to overflow. It kept raining at that rate for 10 hours or so. Nothing I could do but watch it come in and suck if up with towels. Luckily I'm a night owl so I was sitting in my chair when my feet got wet and I started to move stuff as soon as it started coming in. When the stores opened at seven I got a shop vac. In between I carried everything I could low to high. Until the room was all but empty.

90% of the collectibles I was able to get upstairs before it got higher. Some items were toast, some I was able repair. Since most were polystone I was able to dry a lot off without damage. The bookshelves were all waterlogged, but I replaced them with the same ones so no biggie, they were all either cheap IKEA or Wal-Mart standard issue.

The biggest lose was my MOC WOS Playmates Simpsons Collection in storage in the back room. I know it's not worth much now but back them I went nuts for them and I dropped close to 3 grand to get a complete set, all MOC and all MIB Playsets. They were all in one section where I had not yet converted to Tupperware totes and more than 50% were soaked, so I opened them up. Not a huge loss since they lossed a ton of value (One Burns Series 1 I paid like $40 for, used to book for $80 and it now worth like $10), but it had sentimental value.

I lost some easily replaceable items like my GG Yoda Kybuck Maquette, Holiday Cody and C-3PO Statue. My SSC Luke and Yoda took a beating and lost some fingers and tree bark, but I was able to fix it. A box of Star Wars comics was trashed, Halo vs. Arbiter Weta statue that I just got was trashed, some Hot Toys (Blade and Iron Man) but they should dry out okay. Code 3 Plaques and my MR Boba Blaster took a few big hits but can still be displayed. A few more mini busts and about 40 Star Wars carded figs I was going to donate anyway.

Had to buy a dehumidifier to try an get the smell out, cause everything down there stunk like a gym locker and we pulled up all the carpet and padding, all the padding had to be replaced and we had to mold check it all and spray this stuff down to prevent mold in the future, then we had the carpet dried and treated and put it back down, it's not perfect but will do for now. If we don't move next year I will have it replaced as well.

All in all I feel lucky it wasn't worse off, and it was hell for 3 weeks but slowly got back to beers and toys :)

Great collection!

My collection room got flooded too a few years back. Sorry to hear about your flood.:(

Thanks! I hope you were able to recover most of your stuff, I would not wish it on any collector. I could only imagine if I wasn't home when it started, might be a different story all together.

Great Great Collection, Congrats G.

Thanks!

Wow...that literally sounds like a nightmare :thud: Well glad to hear you're back on your collecting feet :duff

I've seen this collection on other boards before and you hav a sick collection my friend. If I did that to my house my wife would string me up by my short hairs!!! :stake

Sorry to hear about the flooding problems.

Cool collection, as I already said on another forum! :rock

Back