My classic predator took a fall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattjargon

Freakzoid
Reaction score
He somehow fell off the top of my desk and seems to look alright except for his right foot which was broken off. The upper peg of the ball joint is snapped off and still in the ankle socket. Anyone have a good idea as to how one would pry it out? Should I heat up the area with a blow dryer to soften it up?

Yeah me too...he seemed perfectly solid with the pose I had but I wasn't using the stand that came with the base..my fault I guess. He just fell about 2 feet down to the work area of my desk that's all it took to snap his foot.

Drill bit idea sounds good thanks.

Seatbelts save lifes guys! Thats why .. no wait

Stands save figures guys! Thats why they are included with the figure!

Just drill it to bits till it all falls out

Drilling is a very good idea. Just drill it with very small drill and than delete the broken peg with knife from the inside like you're using the lever. ;)

Also, THAT'S WHY I HATE THOSE NEW GROIN HOLDERS!
Always heating all the new holders with air-drier and bending them back into torso holders. I have only one groin holder in the whole my collection - for the Wolverine. Hate them! Too unsafe.

Drilling is a very good idea. Just drill it with very small drill and than delete the broken peg with knife from the inside like you're using the lever. ;)

Also, THAT'S WHY I HATE THOSE NEW GROIN HOLDERS!
Always heating all the new holders with air-drier and bending them back into torso holders. I have only one groin holder in the whole my collection - for the Wolverine. Hate them! Too unsafe.

Weren't you the one that traded me all your groin holders?

This is what happens when all you predator HT collectors put them on shelfs just standing there without the stands holding them.

He somehow fell off the top of my desk and seems to look alright except for his right foot which was broken off. The upper peg of the ball joint is snapped off and still in the ankle socket. Anyone have a good idea as to how one would pry it out? Should I heat up the area with a blow dryer to soften it up?

Dude that sucks :(

I've got my figures in cabinets but in some the floor is uneven and some figures wobble when walking by.

Incidentally my Classic also fell but only flat on the shelf, it still worried me, had to check it over to make sure it was okay.

hope you get yours fixed :wave

Sorry to hear about the damage, but it sounds like an easy fix luckily.

I hate the stands and never use them. They take any realism right out of the display IMO.

Hot toys figures are usually built well enough to stand firm without them anyway. Shadow pred is the only one of mine that's taken a dive recently, but no damage :yess:

Back