My 1st figure!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just starting out...

Saw it and had to get it. Nothing like a little bit of prototype armor!!
I'm afraid to open it...lol

20140414_210746_zpsx6yd3q51.jpg

Thanks for the look. Should I take it out?

Gratz! on the purchase, it rocks.. if you are taking it out of the box, I would suggest putting it in a display cabinet.. pristine white is not going to stay that way, without a little protection from dust, etc.

Thank god I manage to control this addiction to Star Wars Original Trilogy only.

I spoke too soon. I just remembered. The cast of the original trilogy will be back for the new Star Wars.
And this will be another flood gate that is about burst my wallet.

Keeping a pristine white figure boxed isn't such a bad idea - exposure to UVs will turn that figure yellow over time.

Then again, I have a Dragon astronaut on display because I enjoy a displayed figure. When it yellows, so be it.

Keeping a pristine white figure boxed isn't such a bad idea - exposure to UVs will turn that figure yellow over time.

Then again, I have a Dragon astronaut on display because I enjoy a displayed figure. When it yellows, so be it.

Not entirely true. I'm a scale model maker. And we have a technique in removing an old yellowish decal. And that is exposure to UV.
My suggestion to keeping it white is to store it in an airtight display. Contaminant in the air is the culprit. Most of my figures are stored in this

https://www.hlj.com/product/YLSPPC-KN13CL/Sup

The clear cover is plastic, so I don't have to be too care full around it.

Keeping it out of sunlight will help slow that process down considerably.

Keeping it out of sunlight...

Is also the best way also to keep the figures. UV will fade a colored figure.
Taibhse. The cost is just not the figure. Also keeping it will cost you.

Just head out to Sideshow featured collectors and you will see what I mean.

Back