Mutants in the house!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, I was just watching that one again last night. The mutant makeup really was pretty well done, especially when you considered they cheapo'd out on the actual ape makeup. I was taking notice also to the mutants garb. Now, while, I'm very grateful for Sideshow giving us the 2 that we got, the mutants did not all wear the same outfit. Verger's outfit is brown, Mendez [aka the Mutant leader] has no ribbing on his headpiece, Albina'a outfit is more a gray color with gloves attached to the sleeves. The "jailer" has a different type of ribbing on his head piece.
dc320.jpg

beneathpotam1.jpg

I just picked up Mendez, sorry, "Mutant Leader", at Amok Time.
I like him a lot.
Now I have to see if I can sew him a purple sleeveless robe and try to make the rest of the bomb control box.
I'm also wondering if I can rig up some kind of Alpha-Omega bomb. I've seen copper colored, used artillary shells at flea markets that might be a good starting point. I don't ever remember seeing any over 2 feet tall, so It wouldn't be accurate scale wise, but if it's displayed far enough back, it might not matter.

Were the mutant face masks in the movie seperate from the hood like the Sideshow version? I always thought they were attached.

Back