Must have Star Wars exclusive in 2006

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an extra Luke when the Jabba set was announced but I still don't plan on posing with the blaster. Of course I don't have an exclusive but even if I did, the blaster would stay in it's box.

I really liked the Sidious Holo. I don't know where I'd rank it but I like the hologram 3 3/4 figures so there ya go. I don't know if I have a lamest but there are ones that don't do much for me.

Must Have: Luke Skywalker Skiff Blaster (It was a neat accessory at first but after Jabba's announcement its a required piece now!)

Worst: Anakin Skywalker Hologram Sidious (eh.)

Coolest: Mynock (nuff said)

Polystoner said:
Am I the only one who liked Obi's blaster? I like to think of it as a sign of things to come. For example, who knew when Jedi Luke was released that his exclusive blaster meant that a huge set of characters would be released (the Jabba set) that would suddenly create a context to make the Skiff Blaster the must have item?

So in that spirit, though it may not seem so now, I'll say that Obi's blaster is the must have exclusive for that future character down the road who may be released and give context to his blaster. :D

i agree with you 100%, while the blaster isnt the coolest item--it hints of a 1/6 grievous down the road. kind of like the qui gon poncho....after it was announced we all knew Maul wasn't too far away.

Best: PF Leia's stormy blaster

Coolest: Darth Vader(12") base.

i would vote for maul's damaged lightsaber but to be honest i couldn't tell by looking at it when i was looking at all the sabers he came with that it was damaged.

Last edited:
Vader AL said:
Best: Leia's stormy blaster(Tom do you not remember her using it outside of the trash containment unit in ANH???)....

I think Tom was referring to the 1:6 Boushh Leia Ubese blaster... :monkey1

and of all the PFs I think Dagobah Lukes is the coolest (although I guess you can't count it since it won't be released till next year).

I'm skipping the 1:6 figures so I'll reserve my comments for the PFs.

Best: The General Grievious statue that you got when you bought the $450 cape.

Worst: The Darth Vader statue that you got with your $350 Mouse Droid.

Actually, I like my PF Darth Vader most of all because it's the coolest Vader ever produced, and there have been plenty of Vader items in the past 30 years. Mouse Droid? Meh. At least it's not a Mandalorian frisbee.

-theropod

pixletwin said:
I think Tom was referring to the 1:6 Boushh Leia Ubese blaster... :monkey1

and of all the PFs I think Dagobah Lukes is the coolest (although I guess you can't count it since it won't be released till next year).

Ahhhhh, yes I'll bet tom was referring to 12" leia. i thought we were sticking to ones that we have in hand so I wasn't even thinking about that one.

i was going to say Dagobah luke but didn't for the same reason.

I'm presently collecting only the 12" line, so with that in mind, my votes are pretty much with the consensus so far:

Worst - Gummi Sidious
Best - Mynock
Must Have - Poncho

-My gummi sidious fell to the floor once and I didn't notice for days...
-The Mynock is unique and big and simply too cool.
-The Poncho almost makes Qui-Gon a different figure completely.

FlyAndFight said:
I'm presently collecting only the 12" line, so with that in mind, my votes are pretty much with the consensus so far:

Worst - Gummi Sidious
Best - Mynock
Must Have - Poncho

-My gummi sidious fell to the floor once and I didn't notice for days...
-The Mynock is unique and big and simply too cool.
-The Poncho almost makes Qui-Gon a different figure completely.

Yep. Although that metal droid head is pretty cool too.

Polystoner said:
Am I the only one who liked Obi's blaster? I like to think of it as a sign of things to come. For example, who knew when Jedi Luke was released that his exclusive blaster meant that a huge set of characters would be released (the Jabba set) that would suddenly create a context to make the Skiff Blaster the must have item?

So in that spirit, though it may not seem so now, I'll say that Obi's blaster is the must have exclusive for that future character down the road who may be released and give context to his blaster. :D

i like the way you think polystoner....bring on grievous:cool:

sebcanadaceo said:
Must have - Obi-Wan's Grievous blaster

Coolest - Jango Fett's Helmet

:emperor :maul

Y'know, I'm not all that fond of the Jango helmet. It will be rendered redundant soon,I think, and it's not really highly detailed.

I've gotten the most posing options from the Poncho.

My Luke would be incomplete without the blaster.

Holo Sidious is a curiosity that I pose with Sith Anakin instead.

The battledroid head is still in it's little bubble. Looks like modern art.

I had a hell of a time rigging a way to display the Mynock next to Han.

The Grievous blaster looks really cool, and it's interesting finding good poses for Obi-Wan to hold it.

And Darth Maul's busted sabers may be the first exclusives that I don't readily display all the time. The double bladed version is just too cool.

If my pre-orders are any indication, I've fallen into the mindset that a non-Exclusive figure, is an incomplete figure.

If I were to cancel any of my pre-ordered exclsuives, it'd be Leia. That Ubese blaster lacks "wow factor."

Jabba's cup will get no play, although it will be in the display, and I'd never give up a single piece of Jabba, not even those stupid little winged rat things.

I may cancel Plo altogether. Can't decide.

Asajj's exclusive head is the one to display, for sure. She and Maul are going to look sooo cool as a team. Think Bonnie and Clyde.

And Bib's Staff has me drooling in nostalgic anticipation.

As has been previously surmised, my reference to Leia's blaster was to the Ubese blaster that the exclusive Boushh Leia 12" figure comes with, not the PF Stormtrooper rifle she used on the Death Star.

And the more I think about Qui-Gon's poncho, the more important I think it is.

Back