"Music of the Lord of the Rings" rarities archives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Amazon.com has dispatched this today. I wonder if anyone has received this ...hope you can post it here.

yes. But according to my order, I will receive it by 28th September. I thought you guys will have this "delivery on the same day in Mahantan". anyway, in case you guys want to order the signed copy, you can pre-order in the Chapell Music website - but I doubt there will be any left by
now.
There will also be another launch in US by Barnes and Noble, but I doubt you can pre-order the signed copy.

Check out at Doug's website.:hi5:

Wow--I got a tracking number this afternoon from Amazon, and it's already in the system and scheduled for delivery tomorrow. more than two weeks before the release date! I am stoked about this.

The book is extremely well done, and with a really interesting CD--including alternate versions like the Gondor Theme with major chords instead of minor, etc. Little things throughout that give you a sense of the development of the score.

I got my book and CD yesterday. Fascinating read! And the CD has very interesting versions of the scores we're all already familiar with. This and Indy's Red Book of Westmarch will be the two nicest books I've purchased this year. Highly recommended. Pick up this book and grab yourself a set of Grado headphones. Let the score fill your ears while you settle in a comfortable chair with a cup of your favorite warm beverage within arms reach and enjoy this book.

Last edited:
Finally got my signed copy... strangely enough.. it is printed in South Korea.

MusicofLOTRDougAdams.jpg
[/IMG]

just curious...is this a making of and development of the score of LOTR trilogy???
What is the book that comes with it?

just curious...is this a making of and development of the score of LOTR trilogy???
What is the book that comes with it?

Yes it is ... it even gives the chronological narration of how Shore gets his recording of the fotr in the abbey recording studios... a picture of the arrangement of the orchestra is also given. very detail.

the book comes with alternate versions of some of the tracks found in the complete recordings.

Back