Music Downloader Fined $80,000 Per Song

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad is cheap, and doesnt want one yet. But we will soon. It's not that I dont want one, I just hate what they're doing to the DVD owners.

What are they doing to the DVD owners? I own DVD's. Have I been screwed without knowing it? Tell me. TELL ME!!! :lol

Seriously, I have no idea.

Hey if you are a pro football player you can get drunk and drive around town and kill someone and get 30 days in jail. :lol

I guess thats not really something, but it should tell you something about our court system. :duh

yup..the law makes a lot of sense doesn't it!! it's all about the money! there is more $$$ involved in the music industry than someone drinking and driving!

it's such BS!!

there is now way they will collect $80,000 per song from her anyways!

Lack of features, or anything. Look, this isnt the VHS age now. I want to know how this movie is made. I want to know every single detail that went into this production. I want four freaking hours of making of, and deleted scenes.

TDK's DVD sucked so hard....and not to mention it LOOKS worse then ANY DVD availible.

Same as Friday. Friday looked horrible on DVD.

Oh and I cant wait for the "DOnt do the crime, if you cant do the time" Anti Downloading ******.....they're always around.

:lol

If I'm not mistaken, she had uploaded the songs before the site changed to a legal site. Why they picked her out of all the rest is beyond me. I think the whole thing is a joke. It's my understanding that the recording industry is going to offer to only make her pay like $5,000 or something. The record industry is hurting these days and they're gonna do what they can.

I'm waiting for the day when they sue to take all recorded material out of libraries so people don't burn copies of CDs.

Did she upload any Metallica? Heaven help her if she did! Lars will have to sue her ass too! :lol

If I'm not mistaken, she had uploaded the songs before the site changed to a legal site. Why they picked her out of all the rest is beyond me. I think the whole thing is a joke. It's my understanding that the recording industry is going to offer to only make her pay like $5,000 or something. The record industry is hurting these days and they're gonna do what they can.

I'm waiting for the day when they sue to take all recorded material out of libraries so people don't burn copies of CDs.

Everyone is hurting these days.

I havent bought a soundtrack in a long time...wanna know why? Because they ask for 15 bucks for 40 minutes of music. Sorry...but thats lame.

An hour tops. But even then, I wouldnt buy it.

I download torrents like crazy here...movies, complete discography of music, stuff like that...:rock

Torrents....

Torrents are P2P ;)

I also download a hell of a lot of stuff, most of it TV shows from the US, no way in hell will I wait for it to be on telly over here, so I just download it, or if I miss something from over here, just download it.

I also get loads of music and films downloaded, which ends up usually with me enjoying the film, and wanting to pick it up, and with me being introduced to a lot of new bands etc.

But, I mean, the RIAA should just F-off and die. They are outdated, stupid and greedy as all ^^^^.

Hey if you are a pro football player you can get drunk and drive around town and kill someone and get 30 days in jail. :lol

I guess thats not really something, but it should tell you something about our court system. :duh

I'd forgotten about that. :lol

If I were this lady, I would've dropped my pants and s^^t in the courtroom because their verdict is a joke.

I read an article that said the record company that sued her says they are still willing to settle for 3,000 - 5,000 dollars. Even after the judgement. The judgement is being appealed.

The article also said that the record company also says that as of this year...they are no longer going after individuals, they are concentrating on the service providers, now.

We'll see.

My own belief on this issue is that the idea of a performance of any kind or a likeness of any kind needing to be paid for every time it is used is as ridiculous as if I got royalties for a bridge that I help to build from every person that used it.

I realize that the artists want to make money like everyone else in the world. But the idea of an artistic talent being held as more valuable than a construction skill makes me wonder about our culture.

I think P2P has something to do with p!tu using the restroom, some kind of slang or something :dunno

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Torrents are P2P ;)

I also download a hell of a lot of stuff, most of it TV shows from the US, no way in hell will I wait for it to be on telly over here, so I just download it, or if I miss something from over here, just download it.

I also get loads of music and films downloaded, which ends up usually with me enjoying the film, and wanting to pick it up, and with me being introduced to a lot of new bands etc.

But, I mean, the RIAA should just F-off and die. They are outdated, stupid and greedy as all ^^^^.

Yea, but torrents don't use a 3rd party program like Kazaa, so it's not easily traced. Suppose you can trace the ports the torrents used, but I think you would have to be on their network to do that. With the little bits of information you get from each seeder, it's NOWHERE near the same as any P2P program like Kazaa.

And Journey - Don't stop believin is worth $80,000:lol:lol:lol

Last edited:

Yea, but torrents don't use a 3rd party program like Kazaa, so it's not easily traced. Suppose you can trace the ports the torrents used, but I think you would have to be on their network to do that. With the little bits of information you get from each seeder, it's NOWHERE near the same as any P2P program like Kazaa.

He's right, almost decided to right my own torrent client but what's out there is not broken so I didn't waste my time.

All around very lame... bummer too as it was nice to be able to share music with other people. Find obscure weird ^^^^ and download it.

Oh well, everybodies got an axe to grind. If the most of the artists had a shred of talen/integrity I might feel bad. But then I watch MTV cribs and that goes away :lol

It is actually easier to be tracked via torrents than you think, studios etc have been known to put up fakes etc on public trackers for the use of tracking people downloading it, which is easier to do, as a connection is opened between you and them via the torrenting program.

But it's still a load of ^^^^e, RIAA et al need to ^^^^ off.

Back