Murderofcrows71 1:6 museum

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murderofcrows71

Super Freak
Reaction score
I decided to start a new thread with some pics of customs as the original was old and cluttered and I have asked the mods to delete it. This one I want to not only show customs but show the progression of figures over time. As most customizers work we upgrade a part here or a head sculpt there and our figures are a work in progress. I wanted to capture a little of how I started in this hobby 12 years + ago and where it's gotten to today. The whole idea of getting into the 1:6 custom/kitbashes was to create as realistic as possible a 1:6 version of a wax museum for display with my movie/dvd collection. Now with Sideshow and Hot Toys it has become much easier to accomplish this but starting out it was hit and miss.

First up is the horrendous comic Batman I attempted back in the day (1998)
rossbatman.jpg

Here is the new comic version, the flash makes the blue look brighter but it is a very dark blue

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This pic is more accurate in the color than the ones above
picture.php

Last edited:
Next up is my Tom Cruise Vampire Lestat. I was never very happy with the original and it had been setting in my parts bin for the last five years or so. And yes the date of 2001 on the picture is correct.
lestatfig-small.jpg

06_04_0.jpg

And here is the cleaned up newer version, I am working on a new Louis as well using the Pitt Aldo Hot Toys head.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Now with Louis, still a work in progress
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Next up is my version of Brandon Lee as the Crow, using the old intaleg vinyl kit for the head

037.jpg

And the new version using Arsyn's outstanding Brandon Lee head

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
The awful Marty McFly and Doc, that I thought were awesome back then
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

To the Rainman and Trevor updated version today

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
The whole reason for me getting into this hobby was to create my own 1:6 Indiana Jones, which seems to be the story for most customizer/kitbashers. Anyway here is some picks of the still ongoing evolution of mine. My original (and horrible) bar Marion can be seen in the top pic as well.

indyfigures.jpg

069.jpg

watermark.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
More Indy
picture.php

picture.php

After all the heads and options I ended up back with the Sideshow Indy head, repainted and resculpted fedora. For me it really is the best likeness to Raiders era Ford.

picture.php

picture.php

Here are just a few random custom pics
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Another I get asked about is my Tarman zombie from Return of the Living Dead, here is the original
smallROTLD.jpg

tarman.jpg

047.jpg

And the newer version

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Just got the SMG Customs Flirty Girl Lara Croft set. The Angelina Jolie sculpt is probably the best I've seen and I've tried about every one for my Tomb Raider movie custom. The clothes set is not from the films but 100% classic video game Lara Croft. I decided to redo my classic Lara using parts from the Sideshow version with some repaint and touch ups, a busty phicen female figure and the clothes from the new set. I'll be updating my movie AJ version of Lara very soon and will post pics when she's done.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Great idea for a thread... you don't often see comparisons like this! The hobby has really come a long way over the last 10+ years. I think your work has always been great, but now that you've got get better materials to work with the new stuff looks stellar.

Maybe in 2022 we'll be commenting on how dated all these HT figures look :lol

Thanks,.. Actually I almost have my collection to where I wanted it all those years ago and am winding down from the hobby. Just not as much time as I used to have to work on it. Rather spend my spare time with my 1 1/2 year old son nowadays.

Looking great! I love that Eric. Could you share the clothing recipe? That jacket is nice.

Thanks. It's a bit of spare parts. The pants and jacket are from a sovereign studios Crow figure.

Last edited:
That's cool. Which one is your favourite?

Oh, and I dig your Eric Draven figure. Which heasculpt is that?

Last edited:
The Crow head sculpt is from a talented sculptor names Arsyn on the board.

As for Indy, I've had at one time or another most every Indy sculpt custom or otherwise and if the WGP was a tad bigger and a little wider in the face I'd pick that, but for me the Sideshow sculpt by Trevor when repainted is the best Raiders version of Indy.

Back