Multiple PFs of the same character?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anubis

Super Freak
Reaction score
Recently i've been considering picking up the Aragorn and Gandalf PFs to go together, but at the moment I just can't get past the fact that Aragorn is from FOTR and Gandalf is from ROTK. Now i'm sure they still go great together but it got me thinking how much I would like an Aragorn PF in his battle gear from outside the Black Gate with Anduril (basically like the Cinemaquette). Do you think there is any chance of this ever happening?

Not only Aragorn, but do you think in the future SS would ever re-visit any characters they've already done in PF? Now i'd say a Gandalf the Grey PF is a given, be it from LOTR or eventually The Hobbit, but that is probably the only character that warrants it. I realise that there haven't really been enough LOTR PFs yet to warrant it, but i'm talking long-term. I'm also sure most people would rather SS got on with doing different characters (especially at the slow rate they are released), and not wasting time on ones that have already been done, but for example, what about another Frodo with a better headsculpt?

What are your thoughts?

Gandalf the Grey is really the only one I could see being released... the line is pretty much at a snails pace so getting multiples of the same character would probably be a death-nail.

I'm actually surprised they went with GTW so early in the series.

Recently i've been considering picking up the Aragorn and Gandalf PFs to go together, but at the moment I just can't get past the fact that Aragorn is from FOTR and Gandalf is from ROTK. Now i'm sure they still go great together but it got me thinking how much I would like an Aragorn PF in his battle gear from outside the Black Gate with Anduril (basically like the Cinemaquette). Do you think there is any chance of this ever happening?

Not only Aragorn, but do you think in the future SS would ever re-visit any characters they've already done in PF? Now i'd say a Gandalf the Grey PF is a given, be it from LOTR or eventually The Hobbit, but that is probably the only character that warrants it. I realise that there haven't really been enough LOTR PFs yet to warrant it, but i'm talking long-term. I'm also sure most people would rather SS got on with doing different characters (especially at the slow rate they are released), and not wasting time on ones that have already been done, but for example, what about another Frodo with a better headsculpt?

What are your thoughts?

Nope, no chance at all...so you may as well just sell your Frodo PF now :monkey3 :lol:lol

But seriously I think with SS obsession with Aragorn they will do another or a GTG PF will almost deffo happen at some point as well, so patience is the key :lecture :)

:wave

Good in theory but I would just be happy to see them complete the Fellowship in a line, then consider variants.

...but thats just me.
x :wave

:woo, top lass!!, you know me too well :lol :rock
Thanks sis
x

Oh ....and a High Elven Infantryman !!!!!!

:bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc

After the dio, you're on a roll sis, a Sam PF has gotta be next :rock :lol

Oh and we know we both feel the same about the High Elven Infantryman :drool :drool

:bunnydanc :bunnydanc

After the dio, you're on a roll sis, a Sam PF has gotta be next :rock :lol

Oh and we know we both feel the same about the High Elven Infantryman :drool :drool
Samwise the Brave PF :drool (I still want UC to make his his frying pan too!!)
Then...
High Elven Infantryman :drool

Well, we've just had Legolas and plenty of bad guys, C'mon Sideshow give us a Samwise PF !!!!:rock
Can't blame a girl for trying :lol
x

I dread the idea of another Aragorn and thankfully I don't ever see it happening again in PF. Nor do I see another Frodo or any other character already done being re-produced. SS is only producing on average two PF's/ year and there are simply too many fellowship members, secondary good guys, bad guys, and generic characters available to chose from. So unless SS has this licence for the next 50 years it's not going to happen.

I'm actually surprised they went with GTW so early in the series.

At first glance maybe, but I think SS wanted to show off the costuming they were diving into in the PF line.

I would love an Elessar (outside of Gandalf the Grey, of course); but I am patient to get that one.

What are your thoughts?

I would say no. You could always get the Aragorn, then wait and see if they make a Gandalf the Grey. Though I wouldn't look for that anytime soon either.

It doesn't bother me that they are from different parts of the movie trilogy. They are from the same story, so that's fine with me.

Yeah I know you guys are right, just wishful thinking really! :lol

I'm still sure a GTG is a given once the Hobbit comes around, so i'll definately look at getting an Aragorn and then either wait for him, or get a GTW and then replace him if GTG is released.

And yes Shell, I too would most certainly buy a good Sam PF to go (with Frodo :D:wave) on the hobbit shelf! :rock:rock

It doesn't bother me that they are from different parts of the movie trilogy. They are from the same story, so that's fine with me.

That's true, it's still the same characters at the end of the day :)

SS made alot of repeats with the SW PF line, made me get out of it. I just dont want 3 of the same characters which will be the case in SW, with the Lukes. But a King Elessar is a much different Aragorn, but I imagine with all that detail in the outfit it would a tough one to make.

SS made alot of repeats with the SW PF line, made me get out of it. I just dont want 3 of the same characters which will be the case in SW, with the Lukes. But a King Elessar is a much different Aragorn, but I imagine with all that detail in the outfit it would a tough one to make.

The detailing has been put forward as a possible excuse before as to why no Boromir or Gimli, but isn't this the kind of detailing that makes a PF the top of the range and costly?

I'm still firmly in the 'Finish the Fellowship' camp seeing as there is only 9 characters. Sam merits one on his own complete with mobile kitchen,whilst Merry and Pippin can be put together; easily fit's with a Moria theme.

Worthy re-incarnations only apply to GTG, WK and Ellessar and would be of huge interest to me. Lesser characters are rapidly losing interest for me in light of SS's not confirmed commitment to a completed Fellowship PF range.:sick

Leggy's on his way though :banana

Back