Action Figure MT MT 1/6 Geralt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of observations. The jerkin needs to be thick leather like in the game. I think this version is wool or suede (hard to tell from the photo) and it certainly needs to be better fitted to give it a proper silhouette. The trousers are supposed to be leather too and also close fitting.

Great work on it so far but a couple of tweaks would make this a home run!
f728e663edcf104740691d32963c1c03.jpg
a67f199131bbd042513b713eb898401d.jpg

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

While I love the manticor armor in the game, it isnt the essential Geralt to me.
While it was technically the first armor he wore in the games and is more in line with how his look is described in the books, most people who are fans of the witcher universe know him from the games and mainly the witcher 3.
Nothing wrong with that, but I agree I would have rather had the starter armor. That being said, I'll buy this in a heartbeat as I'm a huge witcher fan, and any well made geralt is better than no geralt.
Here's to hoping this sell well and more are made from the game.

I'd love to have the starter set, ursine armor, cat armor, and all the other characters.

While I love the manticor armor in the game, it isnt the essential Geralt to me.
While it was technically the first armor he wore in the games and is more in line with how his look is described in the books, most people who are fans of the witcher universe know him from the games and mainly the witcher 3.
Nothing wrong with that, but I agree I would have rather had the starter armor. That being said, I'll buy this in a heartbeat as I'm a huge witcher fan, and any well made geralt is better than no geralt.
Here's to hoping this sell well and more are made from the game.

I'd love to have the starter set, ursine armor, cat armor, and all the other characters.
Agreed. I do like the manticore armour myself but because it's so simple, if details are missing or incorrect, it'll look pretty boring. I'd also like armour sets, especially the Bear School set!

The starting armour from The Wild Hunt is definitely the most iconic I think but I have the CMToys Witcher and the armour is very, very good quality. The swords are steel too! Definitely worth picking up the set but obviously it needs a replacement head (I personally don't mind it when it's on the shelf!).

Manticore armor is the closest thing to the book version. He wear only lightweight learher armor in books

Manticore armor is the closest thing to the book version. He wear only lightweight learher armor in books
No beard either. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Netflix version turns out. Hopefully the armour looks good! For now though, I just want some game accurate versions :)

No beard either. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Netflix version turns out. Hopefully the armour looks good! For now though, I just want some game accurate versions :)

On the path its easy to see how a beard would develop but I agree being riddled with lice sucks and Geralt would shave when ever given the chance.

I think that Geralt having done this for as long as he has would wear thicker/stronger armour if it doesn't restrict his movement. The lore in Witcher 3 almost explains this with the Witcher Diagrams of Witchers who had blueprints and found/developed better protection.

I don't mind the lighter armour but I think myself and most others would like to see some of the more elaborate game designs.

I understand I've already gone on a rampage with this but what is the deal with making weirdo figure choices from these hotly-anticipated franchises??

We're going to make Metal Gear figures ...

:yess:

.... but only the ones from Phantom Pain

:dunno

We're going to make Red Dead figures ...

:clap

... but not John Marston

:slap

We're going to make Witcher figures ...

:hi5:

... by combining the outfit from the first game, and the headsculpt from the third game

:thud:

I understand I've already gone on a rampage with this but what is the deal with making weirdo figure choices from these hotly-anticipated franchises??

... but not John Marston

... by combining the outfit from the first game, and the headsculpt from the third game

Well as far as MGS and RDR figs, we've been told there will be more characters done from each franchise, they're just doing the most recent ones to get them out of the way and let's keep in mind the general public isn't very familiar with the old MGS games, hell more than half of the people who played the first RDR didn't even finish it, as far as The Witcher goes I think master team is just playing it safe, it's also nice to see geralt in his older armor, the witcher 3 armor is more iconic yes, but keeping in mind it's mostly leather, time would not be so kind on whatever pleather they use, plus going for a more original look sets them apart from other companies who might do witcher figures or have done them in the past.

What is it with every release of anything Witcher related needing to be the starter armor from Witcher 3?
"We've had the figurines, the Funko POPs, the statues, the busts, the unlicensed figures in the starter armor. You know what it'd be great? If you did that armor again!"
I'm excited to get ANYTHING else.

Witcher 1 / Manticore is a great choice and will pose better than any of the thicker armors in 1/6 scale.
I'd also love to see Witcher 3 wolf armor, which IMO is closest to the gear in the Witcher 2 game.

A couple of observations. The jerkin needs to be thick leather like in the game. I think this version is wool or suede (hard to tell from the photo) and it certainly needs to be better fitted to give it a proper silhouette. The trousers are supposed to be leather too and also close fitting.

Great work on it so far but a couple of tweaks would make this a home run!
f728e663edcf104740691d32963c1c03.jpg
a67f199131bbd042513b713eb898401d.jpg

Don't disagree but leather is hard to work with in 1/6 scale and is more expensive and easier to damage.
And if they cheap out and use a fake pleather style stuff it'll degrade and crack over time.
I'd personally prefer them use material that sits better and will last. I think the pics do the look justice.

Don't disagree but leather is hard to work with in 1/6 scale and is more expensive and easier to damage.
And if they cheap out and use a fake pleather style stuff it'll degrade and crack over time.
I'd personally prefer them use material that sits better and will last. I think the pics do the look justice.

Completely agree, sometimes it pays off to overlook the smaller details like leather, I'd rather have a good looking figure that almost resembles the one from the source material than have bits of pleather all over the shelf after a few years.

Yeah, it's a difficult trade off regarding accuracy vs longevity of the material. That said, even darkening the fabric and cutting it closer to the body would make the jerkin in the prototype look a lot better and screen accurate.

... but not John Marston

I didn’t make the Witcher figure, it’s my friend’s brand.
Btw,why am I keeping selling TPP stuff?
It’s because it sells really well…

Wow some people on here are ungrateful, be happy were even getting a decent geralt figure that isn't overpriced. Dont like it then go away and let those of us who want it enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I didn’t make the Witcher figure, it’s my friend’s brand.
Btw,why am I keeping selling TPP stuff?
It’s because it sells really well…

I'm hoping RDR stuff sells well too, so you'll be able to do John Marston one day!:)

Yeah, it's a difficult trade off regarding accuracy vs longevity of the material. That said, even darkening the fabric and cutting it closer to the body would make the jerkin in the prototype look a lot better and screen accurate.

Yeah, some minor improvements would make it look more accurate but considering it's an unlisenced figure by a starting company, it looks pretty great. Still needs the wolf medallion tho.

Wow some people on here are ungrateful, be happy were even getting a decent geralt figure that isn't overpriced. Dont like it then go away and let those of us who want it enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I think they just want something that speaks more to them, for most people the armor from 3 is the most iconic so when they see some other armor, even the original one, they get bummed out, maybe master team will make another version of geralt, then people can have that look too, for now I think his original armor looks pretty good.

Back