MR September Email

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mini-Rock said:
I will be passing on the Obi-Wan EE since I don't collect the EE's, and I already have the original MR Obi-Wan AOTC LE saber.

They are different though right, Obi Wan's fell in his battle with Maul; and if memory serves he used Qui Gon's to kill Maul? :confused:

LOTRFan said:
They are different though right, Obi Wan's fell in his battle with Maul; and if memory serves he used Qui Gon's to kill Maul? :confused:

Right. OWK built the AOTC saber after he lost his in the battle with Maul. There are a few differences in the TPM and AOTC sabers, but only minor.

Awesome for the guys that are getting the AT-AT SE, must be looking forward to getting that baby. I'm going to get one when they all shipp.

LOTRFan said:
Cool thanks, I knew that you would have the answer! :clap

Here's a pic, that JediLip put up on another forum, showing the differences. :)

JLObis.jpg

I'm sure everyone has heard by now, but just in case, the MR Obi-Wan EE saber is going up for preorder on the 28th for CSM's at 9 a.m. PST. CSM's should be receiving the MR email soon. :)

Also, those who planned on helping someone out by ordering two, it looks like orders will be limited to one only.

Mini-Rock said:
I'm sure everyone has heard by now, but just in case, the MR Obi-Wan EE saber is going up for preorder on the 28th for CSM's at 9 a.m. PST. CSM's should be receiving the MR email soon. :)

Also, those who planned on helping someone out by ordering two, it looks like orders will be limited to one only.

Actually, it's the 29th... :banana

TURINS~BANE said:
Awesome for the guys that are getting the AT-AT SE, must be looking forward to getting that baby. I'm going to get one when they all shipp.

Turin's, I just got my AT-AT SE today from Bob. WOW!!! :horror Simply the best piece in my collection by far.

I'm putting it together right now. You have to use a screwdriver on certain parts. The package must weigh somewhere in the 90 pound range. I'm selling off my Code 3 Slave I after seeing this. It looks like a toy next to the AT-AT. Sorry for all of the scattered thoughts, but I've never been so blown away by a piece before.

To anyone considering this, do WHATEVER you can to get it. Sure it's expensive, but you can see where that money goes. I got #306/750. I also have the PERFECT little shelf for it for those who are getting one, and it only cost me $69.99. For LOTR/SW fans, get this over something like a Wiki that is in the same price range. The bar has been raised significantly higher. Pics coming soon...

Cool el! I've seen pics of other's and I can't wait to see pics of yours! When you can, pics of the panel on the underside of the AT-AT where Luke threw in the detonator, as well as the intricate inner cockpit detail of both the AT-AT and crashed Snowspeeder, and any removable panel that either may have to show inner workings would be greatly appreciated. Thanks man! :)

Also, did MR use glass or plastic for the either of the cockpits?

~L

Glad to hear about the AT elwood! :banana

The MR email also states that owners of the Luke EE will be receiving a new plaque in the mail with a better rendition of the edition size and number.

:cool:

Let me load the rest, but here's a teaser.

When you click on the thumbnail in Imageshack, click on it again to zoom in and show the detail.

Notice the "of 750" is included on the plaque! It's not open like the sabers. :rock

Snowspeeder detail:

AT-AT footprints and snow detail:

Weathering:

Ash behind the speeder and another shot of the plaque:

Last edited:
VERY VERY NICE!!! :joy

NICE ARC TROOPER :D
Also noticed you got yourself the OBI and Asajj Maquettes very quickly indeed :naughty

Greedo said:
VERY VERY NICE!!! :joy

NICE ARC TROOPER :D

Yeah, I thought you might recognize him. ;)

Greedo said:
Also noticed you got yourself the OBI and Asajj Maquettes very quickly indeed :naughty

I actually decided to keep my damaged Obi for now, and I snagged an Asajj for less than $100. Obi's saber is superglued on.

It should look pretty cool when I move the movie plaques and put the other 4 maquettes on the bottom shelf. That will wait until the 3 new ones come out, and I can get Padme for a somewhat decent price.

My Dewback and Luke 1/4 now have to find a new home after the AT-AT took their spot. It's actually quite amazing how well the AT-AT fits on that shelf. It goes up to the very edges on all sides, but doesn't hang off at all.

Last edited:
Back