Mr. Freeze Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the EX isn't a must have (and even that is rare these days with SS) then it's best to wait for sales. The new Harley PF for example I'm hoping gets some sort of discount during Spook. This Mr. Freeze will probably see the same. It stinks having to wait but these over inflated prices just aren't worth it.

If the EX isn't a must have (and even that is rare these days with SS) then it's best to wait for sales. The new Harley PF for example I'm hoping gets some sort of discount during Spook. This Mr. Freeze will probably see the same. It stinks having to wait but these over inflated prices just aren't worth it.

even exclusives can be had for much less than retail if you are patient. I scored the recent iron man exclusive and mags exclusive for $1800 cad "all in". Would have cost me $2450 cad if I ordered direct from SS.

I really like the EX but wish it had a mains power plug as I'd like it lit up all the time (I'm assuming it doesn't). Am sure it could be easy to fix that though

Sideshow went flying past over inflated

After sleeping on it, I have decided to not get it unless there is a future discount. I really, really love the character, though. Major bummer.

A lot of people expressing varying opinions on the FB statue group, so much so people have even started venting about people venting about the price. :lol

I wonder when Sideshow will hit the wall

Honestly I don’t remember the last time the overriding conversation on multiple pieces from Sideshow across a relatively short period centred primarily on price. Those being Juggernaut, Hulk, and now Freeze. Cable and Jean Grey sort of skirted the price issue, but not completely. As on here and especially on the other forum which had around 10 pages of non stop discussion on price alone!

So my assumption is that we 2% at least may be getting priced out.....at least with regards to Sideshow pieces. As half the comments seem to be from collectors (including myself) who have mentioned that we have or will be moving to primarily collecting from other manufacturers such as Prime 1.

Honestly I don’t remember the last time the overriding conversation on multiple pieces from Sideshow across a relatively short period centred primarily on price. Those being Juggernaut, Hulk, and now Freeze. Cable and Jean Grey sort of skirted the price issue, but not completely. As on here and especially on the other forum it’s 10 pages of non stop discussion on price alone!

So my assumption is that we 2% at least may be getting priced out.....at least with regards to Sideshow pieces. As half the comments seem to be from collectors (including myself) who have mentioned that we have or will be moving to primarily collecting from other manufacturers such as Prime 1.

I’m not priced out, I could order anything I wanted. But at some point, you have to question if the money is really worth it

I’m not priced out, I could order anything I wanted. But at some point, you have to question if the money is really worth it

And I totally get the P1 argument. Why pay $720 for this or $1400 for Juggernaut when you can get a 1/3 scale for $300 in either direction

I myself spend way too much on Collectables and associated items, where just in the past 12 months I’ve spent a lot from my personal savings (not the smartest thing I’ve ever done). Every successive year for the past 7 years I seem to be spending way more than the last but the end is finally in sight as I’ve pretty much run out of room.

It’s not so much the money itself, but rather that there are obviously better things I should be spending the money on. But that’s a separate decision for each of us.

I myself spend way too much on Collectables and associated items, where just in the past 12 months I’ve spent a lot from my personal savings (not the smartest thing I’ve ever done). Every successive year for the past 7 years I seem to be spending way more than the last but the end is finally in sight as I’ve pretty much run out of room.

It’s not so much the money itself, but rather that there are obviously better things I should be spending the money on. But that’s a separate decision for each of us.

If I would’ve stopped further back, I probably could have bought a couple of cars over the years :lol I did pay off one outright when I sold all of the Bowens

The photo gallery should’ve had a pic with the rest of the Batman villain pfs.

After the X-men photo was used to show the blatant scaling issues with Juggernaut I would imagine we'll never see a grouping photo again unless it's flawlessly scaled.

After the X-men photo was used to show the blatant scaling issues with Juggernaut I would imagine we'll never see a grouping photo again unless it's flawlessly scaled.

The thing is I’m thinking a lot of collectors wouldn’t have seen or known there was a scaling issue, and half of those that did probably didn’t care in the slightest anyway.

Exactly. It's gotten to the point where pricing is out of hand. I don't question if I can....I question if I should spend the $$$ being asked for in this hobby. There's no balance any more. The price/value on pieces is all out of whack nowadays.

Hahaha This is my pain! Space/capacity for statues is about 75% full ...and now I'm thinking is there better things to spend discretionary funds....as I start to buy slabs now to cover my batcave walls lol

Regardless....I'll wait on this statue for a sale. The EX is a letdown. If they made the Nora side module larger/taller it would have looked cool together. But this just doesn't even sit well.

Back