MR 501st Trooper Helm 1:1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the one I'm looking forward to. Pics courtesy of Shadow on the RS boards.

2008072343np8.png

2008072347tc6.png

200807255ip0.png

200807256ic1.png

Set to go up Next Month. :D

That's cool since there was never an actual helmet made of this design. I think the movie suffers a little bit for that reason, but I love the "rocket man" aesthetic.

"I think the movie suffers a little bit for that reason"

i agree... i never dug the helmet in the film... but the e-fx version absolutely kicks!

Last edited:
To Nash you listen to. Stormtrooper > Clonetrooper

I had a surprise last-minute shift at my valet job and made enough for the Stormtrooper helmet. But when I got to the SWS, it was gone. :(

Fine. Downpayment on a Shock helm, then. :rock

(Did I mention I'm feeling that aforementioned addiction...?)_

Question for you helmet heads, what's the deal with this MR Stunt Stormtrooper helm? How is it cheaper/less detailed than the regular MR helms?

Question for you helmet heads, what's the deal with this MR Stunt Stormtrooper helm? How is it cheaper/less detailed than the regular MR helms?

Do you mean the MR Stormtrooper Collector's Edition helmet?

See here the differences:

Limited Edition: (eFX is exactly like this one but just 500 made)

Suggest Retail Price: $399
Version: "Hero"
Edition Size: 2,500
Geometry: Asymmetrical (screen accurate)
Lens: Bubble Lens (Green and Grey)*
Material: Hand Laid Fiberglass
Interior: Fully lined and padded
Plaque: Yes
Stand: Yes

Collector's Edition Helmet:

Suggested Retail Price: $119
Version: "Stunt"
Edition Size: Open Edition
Geometry: Symmetrical (idealized)
Lends: Flat-Green
Material: Injection molded ABS
Interior: PU Foam Pad on Crown
Plaque: No
Stand: No

You can see comparison pics of the two helmets from my collection

-

Last edited:
i had the stunt helmet, and loved it, display it in a detolf and it looks like the full price ones, though once you get a full price one, you will want a better one, it feels like a toy compared to the fibreglass of the high end MR helmets, and i had to sell it, still need to get an EFX helmet to replace it.

if you've ever held any of the ones made by SDS then you'd know how delicate those were originally made. the helmets made by MR feel like you could play football with them. :)

Thanks for the info jkno, quite helpful actually.

I'm looking to pick up an MR helm, I really like the look of some of the clone trooper helms, but I'm not to crazy about the new trilogy, and I don't want to get into collecting the helms per say because it's just too crazy with all the other stuff I collect already.

That being said, I don't really know what to go for, I'm heavily leaning towards the Boba Fett SE, but I also really like the Stormtrooper and Vader helms, any suggestions?

I'd say that is the normal going rate nowdays. I sold mine for about $225 shipped

Yep. :) It's the first thing I did when I got my 501st.

I think I'm going to pass on it. I'd rather have that Shock Trooper helm, anyway. Or a Stormy. :rock

Also, Star Fortress has a very impressive Cody helmet. Anyone have anything to say about this company out of the Phillipines? Their stuff looks incredible.

Cody Helmet

Last edited:
Back