Moving. What in the world do I do with my Detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K07

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm moving out of my parents' house in less than a week and have no idea how to move my Detolf cabinet. Has anyone ever had to move it from one house to another or what? Seems so fragile...

We moved and had to transport five of them. The best thing to do is lay them on a their backs on a quilty fabric, and make sure that you insert a sheet of fabric, in between the glass door because the metal supports will clank against if you don't and drive very Slowly! it's nerve wracking but you'll survive

I moved mine by first removing the inner shelves, and then wrapping the whole thing in packing plastic film. This keeps the door from opening. Then we covered them in a moving blanket, and secured that with bungee ties.

Smash it up so it will fit in a small box then glue it all back together at the new place.

M.

I'm moving out of my parents' house in less than a week and have no idea how to move my Detolf cabinet. Has anyone ever had to move it from one house to another or what? Seems so fragile...

Congrats on moving out of your parents' place! :duff

I just turned 24 and a poorly paid private school teacher who spends his money on this expensive hobby! Haha. Thanks for the tips. I was trying to come up with a way to move it without taking it apart.

:exactly:If you can assemble one, it's not rocket science to disassemble one, you just follow the instructions in the reverse order

The whole thing is held together by 8 screws. Easy to put together and take apart. l put mine together by myself in like 15 minutes.

I just removed the inner shelves and covered the unit with a blanket... nothing ran into it so it arrived safe and sound on its journey across town.

I just removed the inner shelves and covered the unit with a blanket... nothing ran into it so it arrived safe and sound on its journey across town.

Same here. They are stronger then the look. Good luck btw, and congrats :)

Back