Move along, nothing to see here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

afattori

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this great news!!
Epicstream

Screenshot_2016-01-12-09-11-12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Disney to release unedited original trilogy star wars on blu ray!!!

Oh, thats interesting. They are really trying to distance themselves from everything George did post ROTJ. Dont even acknowledge that the prequels ever existed anywhere in Force Awakens, basically Edit>Undo, over and over and over. LOL

Did be getting the set if price is right.:D

Hated changes done to ROTJ.

Haha, knew it was only a matter of time. Remember saying this in one of the threads a year ot two ago and being shouted down that it'd never happen because of FOX. Eat crow, suckas! Can't wait to buy this set.

The link is old (03/15/14), and the original link in comicbook are modifiy with:

"EDIT: For some reason this is cycling on social media again. This story was published in August, 2014 and never panned out. Currently, 20th Century Fox still owns the distribution rights to the original cuts of the films, and there may also be contractual obligations from George Lucas's sale of his company that woudl prevent this from happening. That is to say, when this was published, it might not have been nearly as done a deal as sources thought. Sorry!"

Sorry :( :dunno

737ba70453893a19cd6dc1be5ce257fd.jpg

That news is from March 2015. It's not happening. Ever.

The link is old (03/15/14), and the original link in comicbook are modifiy with:

"EDIT: For some reason this is cycling on social media again. This story was published in August, 2014 and never panned out. Currently, 20th Century Fox still owns the distribution rights to the original cuts of the films, and there may also be contractual obligations from George Lucas's sale of his company that woudl prevent this from happening. That is to say, when this was published, it might not have been nearly as done a deal as sources thought. Sorry!"

Sorry :( :dunno

I found the same thing... it's an old story and while it may happen at some point, until I see an official announcement from Disney I'm not getting my hopes up.

But until then... Harmy, you seek Harmy :lecture

And I'll go ahead and retitle and lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back