MORT leakage and leanage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Jeremy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Have any of you noticed Mort having some "oil" or chemical leakage in certain spots? Seems like the fingers/hand area have the most, but also found it on some random areas on the neck and face. You can wipe it off and days later it comes oozing right back.

Also, as first noted by another Freak on here, he is leaning considerably these days as well. Almost standing flat-footed. It's not due to warm temps either as my buddy's place is ice cold. I think it's just the nature of being a hollow vinyl figure. Polystone would've made more sense, especially for his pose considering how his weight is supported. This kind of vinyl is just going bend after a while.

Bummer to hear you are experiencing leakage, Ron Jeremy.

Polystone Mort while cool may have exceeded the price point many were willing to pay for this guy.

I have built many vinyl kits, and this as well as warpage, etc. is always a problem. If you can access the bottom of the kit, or top, you can always fill the piece with plaster of paris or heavy/dense drywall spackle. Once it sets, it will make the piece more durable.

My Billiken Dracula is done this way. its heavy...but no problems. Built this kit in the 90's.

I thought that this was common on some items. Isn't their even a disclaimer? Where have I heard this before? Hmmm.....let me think. Something about oils and this being part of the process. :dunno

My Medicom Luke figure seemed to do that as well... really kind of odd. Something about the paint and plastic did not interact well and his hair was always creating this greenish blue goo that you'd have to wipe off.

I went and checked my Mort and while he isn't leaning that I can tell his hands do seem a little shiney like he does have a little goo on them. Not sure if I will try for the color one now or not.

My Medicom Luke figure seemed to do that as well... really kind of odd. Something about the paint and plastic did not interact well and his hair was always creating this greenish blue goo that you'd have to wipe off.

DUDE! Same issue! Until I realized it was just Medi's sculpt! :duh :lol

Back