Morgul Lord Question...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scar

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just received the Morgul Lord statue in the mail, and it easily meets my admittedly high expectations. The detail is outstanding and it captures the essence of the Witch-king perfectly. My only problem is that it seems the styrofoam packaging imprinted a light white scale sort of design on part of the helm. Is there any touch-up paint that you would recommend to fix this issue?

The ML is one of the best ones IMO. The action pose is pretty sweet and makes a great display piece with the RWOS.

Welcome Scar :peace

Dwimmerlaik is right. You should contact RickDTM (thats his username on this board) about that paint issue. I'm sure he'll be able to help you out.

Btw, if you got a Morgul Lord, you know you should have an Eowyn with that, right? A Theoden might be a nice alternative aswell :wacky

I've been thinking about getting an Eowyn to go with the Morgul Lord. My only concern there was that I've seen many pictures of Eowyn as Dernhelm statues with "lazy eye" problems. However, I must say that RWOS is extremely tempting right now, even at the high prices they continue to sell at. The drawback here for me is that with the PF Lurtz coming out, as well as the 12" line, I have a feeling cash might not be quite as abundant to buy a RWOS in addition to these :D . I'm going to try to get in touch with Rick. Thanks for your help! Right now I have the Morgul Lord on display alongside Sauron, the two being my favorite characters. I have them both facing forward with their helms between them and next to one another. I'm starting to run out of room ;) , as I just purchased the Battle Troll, the Gondorian Helm set to go with the Elessar crown, and the mini-Balrog to go with the Mines of Moria. I have a feeling my wallet is going to get brutally flogged this holiday season.

Well, sounds as if you already have a nice collection going. The RWOS is a must IMO. The mini-rog makes a nice choice to go with Moria and GTG would also make a nice addition with it.

Would you recommend GTG statue or bust? I've heard the bust may be a better likeness (and I'm a huge bust fan), but what do you think?

Scar said:
Would you recommend GTG statue or bust? I've heard the bust may be a better likeness (and I'm a huge bust fan), but what do you think?

Really either of them are pretty sweet. I had the bust for a while but sold it when I decided to just do statues. The bust may have a slightly better likeness, but I prefer the statue as it seems to have that leadership pose in getting the Fellowship through Moria.

Wish I could have gotten to you before you sold the bust ;) . This is going to be a tought decision. I guess if anyone knows of where I might be able to find a reasonable (and I know that is the word that makes the situation difficult) RWOS, please let me know. I'm starting to consider it more strongly now.

Scar said:
Wish I could have gotten to you before you sold the bust ;) . This is going to be a tought decision. I guess if anyone knows of where I might be able to find a reasonable (and I know that is the word that makes the situation difficult) RWOS, please let me know. I'm starting to consider it more strongly now.

LOL Well, I sold that bust a long while back now. Yeah, if you can get the RWOS for $400 or so I'd get it. It's worth the money.

I appreciate it. I also appreciate you directing me to Rick. He's attempting to help me as we speak. It's very kind of him, and it is only a very minor issue (if in fact it even could be called an issue), but I am thankful for the aid nonetheless.

He's recommended dark grey acrylic and liquitex mars black paints combined to match the color scheme. Anyone know if this sounds about right? Also, does anyone know where I should go to get the supplies for this and what method I should use to apply the paints?

Scar said:
He's recommended dark grey acrylic and liquitex mars black paints combined to match the color scheme. Anyone know if this sounds about right? Also, does anyone know where I should go to get the supplies for this and what method I should use to apply the paints?

Mmmm i dont know where to get them but the technic for the armor that you will need to use is dry brush technic i used it in the armor of some uruk of GWS so i think it will be the same.

I'll head to an art store near me today and pick up the materials. Thanks! Also, I wanted to ask you, Dwimmerlaik, where you got your avatar? I recognize the art from the ROTK credits, but where did you find it online? I've been looking for a more hi-rex version of that for some time.

Just thought I should post that it is a testament to the cohesiveness of this community that I found the paint scheme that I needed and the technique necessary for the job. The minor problem was dissolve entirely with the paint blending seamlessly into the helm. Thanks for all your help!

Congrats Scar,

I may have to become a bit more bold myself in the future with similar minor touchups.

It's funny - I consider myself something of an artist, but I would be very afraid to tinker with any of the precious sideshow pieces, all of which are painted by hourly assembly line laborers. It does seem that most of them are fairly skilled, reasonably trained, and take some pride in their work though, for which I am grateful.

:peace

Scar said:
I'll head to an art store near me today and pick up the materials. Thanks! Also, I wanted to ask you, Dwimmerlaik, where you got your avatar? I recognize the art from the ROTK credits, but where did you find it online? I've been looking for a more hi-rex version of that for some time.
Ill PM you the image :)

Back