Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF?

WOW. l will get this, damn. the ex sword does not look very good. but everything else looks great.

I really like the look, but I can definitely save a few bucks and order the regular from another retailer. The flaming sword effect is a little cheesy!

The pose is weird, and I can't quite figure out how the whole body is positioned, but I like the look from the waist up quite a lot, looking down in a menacing way. The mace is a little limp, but it is nice to see real chain.

Flaming Sword Exclusive. I called it. :hi5:

However, I'm a bit sadden that one of the most highly anticipated PFs has turned out to be... less than desirable. The Morgul Lord LSB and SSW statue are both the superior representations IMO. This piece just looks odd from all angles. I was wondering how it would all come together from the production peeks, and now I guess I have my answer. :(

Overall I am happy enough. Pose could have been better and the exclusive is really poor and cheapens the look of the piece. Will order but that exclusive sword won't see the light of day.

What were SS thinking on the sword. It looks like a Hot Toys action figure.

Not sold on the pose either, it's kind of awkward. SSW's Morgul Lord is posed better IMO. I'm not sure an attacking pose was necessary; Sideshow could have gone with the Morgul Lord standing up with blade and morning star held down at his sides, like when he rose from the ground after Eowyn took down his Fell Beast (can't seem to find a screen shot online right now).

With both Lurtz and the Uruk Hai Berserker, Sideshow has proven that a piece can still exude malice and menace without being in an attack pose. I wish they had done the same with the Morgul Lord.

Sigh...however, it's exclusive for me, as I always order exclusives.

Ugh, terrible pose.

The Witch-king should be imposing, now he just looks like he strained a back-muscle.

Shame though, the sculpt looks very detailed.

Sculpt and fabric are awesome but pose and EX are pretty lame.

The body positioning makes sense considering the mace is behind him and he needs some leverage to lift it, so I don't have a problem with that. The excl. on the other hand looks awful....what were SS thinking. :cuckoo: Reg. edition for me thanks. :)

I agree on both points... pose makes sense and is dynamic like many of their new PF's are. And the flaming sword is a bit WTF, but that makes it a good exclusive. Its not necessary, but I'm sure some people will prefer it.

The more I look at it the less I want it. Looks like he got punched really hard and is struggling to stay on his feet. Oh well. Congrats to those willing to throw some money at this I guess.

I totally get that he is posed to be able to whip that mace around and is kinda reaching back at the start of that, and I like the regular sword and angle of the head, but I can't figure out how his legs are placed, as the one leg sticking out from the cloak makes the angle of the hips seem really narrow. It will probably make more sense in person, but I am looking forward to the detail on the fabric and robes and the various layers of black fabric.

Well, look at the bright side. There's 300 bucks you can invest in a grail! If the mace is not attached to the base it may be salvagable but...

The pragmatic view would be to take a step back, wait, and let everything digest before some knee jerk reaction is proclaimed....but I have to say I'm underwhelmed with this piece. And this might be hyperbole, but I feel like with the reveal of this piece (which I was HIGHLY looking forward too), some of momentum / steam that the LOTR license and board has gained in the last month has been lost somewhat...

The body positioning makes sense considering the mace is behind him and he needs some leverage to lift it, so I don't have a problem with that.

Yes, I see the full weight of the Morning Star is on the ground with some slack in the chain, so I can see why he'd need leveraging if he were a weakling. However, in the film he lifts and swings the mace as if it were a rag doll and not something than weighed a metric ton, so we're led to assume that he must possess some supernatural strength in order to lift it.

Wow, the flaming sword looks awful. And I can't figure out the pose. I understand what they were doing, but the one exposed leg makes it look awkward.

Glad I have no interest in this one.

He looks dislocated to me and I have to ask why they bothered going for the same pose as the SS/W piece?

A more intimidating, less overly aggressive pose, would have worked so much better IMO!!

This pose beats out the Gandalf the White PF for the most convoluted pose yet. Could be the camera's angle but the upper body looks small compared to the lower half.

On the plus side, the metal / fabric combo looks fantastic, particularly where we see the robe hem and the boots.

I was hoping for either the pose where he has just stood up from the decapitated fell beast.

That exclusive sword's plastic flame just doesn't work in this scale.

The morning star is half-hidden behind the figure. It should have been more prominent in the display. Would have been cool to have it displayed on it's own base, chain extended and it being half sunk into the earth, just as if he had just swung it out and smashed into the ground.

I still can't get over the pose, though. That's the deal-breaker for me.

I'm in agreement with those who can't figure out this pose. Looks like he's stepping forward with his foot pointed all the way to the right and his torso/top-half turned all the way to the left.

I just tried to do the same pose and it's pretty awkward to do. :dunno

A piece that i was SOOOO looking forward to, I'm now seriously on the fence about. :monkey2

Back