Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked for the address to be stated as Molecule8 c/o Kinkao Thai Restaurant, it was never stated that the address belonged to Molecule8 or redirected to the restaurant surreptitiously.

I did not think that it was misleading customers perceptions to have returns sent here in this manner. I apologise if this was not clear enough and led you to believe the address was a Molecule 8 office but I'm not sure how else the address could have been stated to be clearer, sorry.
On molecule8 webpage before it's under maintenance, showed Molecule8 spread across hong kong, uk and usa i think, and revealing all these licenses and high profile artists working for molecule8; now all these information inaccurate.

Anyways, what you said still doesn't make sense, so what if you're advertising your thai restaurant on Facebook with an address but only for customers to find out that it's a toyshop when they're there? Can you claim the experience is just merely an unintentional accident?

As how i see is m8 or vijay just simply trying to impress to deceive collectors that such new uprising company with the licenses of the world spreading worldwide with promises to deliver a figure (not even a prototype) in 2 months time by making claims on facebook actually during preordering, the figure was already in production at the final inspection stage.

I'm quite sure most of us here can vouch for the statement above

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

BOOM......

Anyome else feel like spin control is in effect with new accounts on this forum?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyways, what you said still doesn't make sense, so what if you're advertising your thai restaurant on Facebook with an address but only for customers to find out that it's a toyshop when they're there? Can you claim the experience is just merely an unintentional accident?

I'm very sorry, I don't understand what you mean here exactly. The restaurant is a restaurant, there is no toy shop there. People are served Thai food,not offered products to buy from Molecule 8. The address was used only for people to send returns back to.

It was never advertised as a Molecule 8 office, if that had been my intention I could have easily omitted the 'c/o Kinkao Thai Restaurant' from the address.

There were a total of two figures returned to the address before the recent revelations and I have since requested that the address no longer be used.

I'm very sorry, I don't understand what you mean here exactly. The restaurant is a restaurant, there is no toy shop there. People are served Thai food,not offered products to buy from Molecule 8. The address was used only for people to send returns back to.

It was never advertised as a Molecule 8 office, if that had been my intention I could have easily omitted the 'c/o Kinkao Thai Restaurant' from the address.

There were a total of two figures returned to the address before the recent revelations and I have since requested that the address no longer be used.
It was advertised on your webpage that molecule8 had offices at hong kong usa and uk

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but maybe a PO Box for Returns would have been a better option.

Regardless of all that, I think it’s very admirable that you are posting on here, we’ve had more truth and honesty from you in a few days than we’ve had from Vijay in 18 months.

I honestly believe that if Vijay could be relieved of his post, the artists paid and the full deposit policy dropped then the company could survive and even go on to thrive.

Can I make a suggestion that you join a group on Facebook called ‘One Sixth Republic’ and post info there also. It’s a massive community of 1/6 enthusiasts and I believe it would help immeasurably.

It was advertised on your webpage that molecule8 had offices at hong kong usa and uk

Yes I know this, there are 3 companies for Molecule 8, one registered in each of London, Hong Kong and LA. This has been the case for about 3 years, none of these have ever been registered to the restaurant address.

Its a simple matter to check the company registrations for each one in each country

But I do understand your suspicion and anger but believe me, no one has more hatred towards Molecule 8 and what it has become than I do.

No one has lost as much as I potentially stand to do. I know many people will see any attempts I am making to recover something from this as simply foolish but I have to at least try, with so much at stake for me, I cannot do anything else.

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but maybe a PO Box for Returns would have been a better option.

Regardless of all that, I think it’s very admirable that you are posting on here, we’ve had more truth and honesty from you in a few days than we’ve had from Vijay in 18 months.

I honestly believe that if Vijay could be relieved of his post, the artists paid and the full deposit policy dropped then the company could survive and even go on to thrive.

Can I make a suggestion that you join a group on Facebook called ‘One Sixth Republic’ and post info there also. It’s a massive community of 1/6 enthusiasts and I believe it would help immeasurably.
I wished he would do that so at least probably a real person we can meet rather the current state.
You can pm me your fb account so i can add you since im an admin on OSR

Yes I know this, there are 3 companies for Molecule 8, one registered in each of London, Hong Kong and LA. This has been the case for about 3 years, none of these have ever been registered to the restaurant address.

Its a simple matter to check the company registrations for each one in each country

But I do understand your suspicion and anger but believe me, no one has more hatred towards Molecule 8 and what it has become than I do.

No one has lost as much as I potentially stand to do. I know many people will see any attempts I am making to recover something from this as simply foolish but I have to at least try, with so much at stake for me, I cannot do anything else.
Would you expose all these information on OSR? Probably someone there can help you; we are a 27k members community

Thank you for your message and yes I agree, in hindsight I should not have allowed the restaurant address to be used for the returns.

I am a member of one sixth republic but have not posted anything there. My initial reason for the post here was to try to contact people who had been involved with or had knowledge of things that had happened at Molecule 8. It proved to be very fruitful and I have gathered a lot of information which I did not know before.

There were a lot of good people involved with the company, it was almost a dream team. It is very hard to believe how, with a team like this in place, things should have gone so badly wrong. As I said there was not a shortage of money although I have had some information come through, which I will need to verify, about crazy expenditures.

If it were the situation that I was able to gain any control of the company I would reach out to the community to see if there were any possibility of that working. It would be gratifying to me to see Molecule 8 become the company that I always believed it was intended to be.

As it stands however, although I have not given up on it entirely, that seems to be highly unlikely.

Would you expose all these information on OSR? Probably someone there can help you; we are a 27k members community

I am a member of OSR but have never posted there, I have always liked to read and follow the news though. I would be happy to post information there as I have here.

I believe that most people who have information have already been in touch but it may be possible that there are still others.

I will say this without going into more detail at this time though, there are far more people who have been hurt by their dealings with Molecule 8 than the members of this forum will currently be aware of.

My primary recourse for getting anything back is still going to be litigation however so there is information which I cannot disclose at this point in time. I hope that you will understand this.

A little bit more info on all of this for those that are interested. This is more personal between Vijay and me than it is of the conduct of M8 towards artists, employees and companies though.

The shareholding between Vijay and I was always supposed to be equal however in early 2017 Vijay told me that he had to take in another investor for $500k because I no longer had funds to invest.

He told me that this investor had been promised 50% of US profits for this. I was outraged, I asked how it made sense that we had invested $2 Million and he was giving away 50% of this for $500k?

He said, it was only 50% of US profits but to me that still felt outrageous as the US was the biggest market. I flew, with my friend the other original investor, to see him in Hong Kong and speak to him in person as he had become increasingly difficult to pin down any other way.

Vijay was staying in a very nice 5 star hotel in Mong Kok at the time, our hotels were considerably more downmarket.

I confronted him about what was going on, he seemed surprised that I was angry. He explained that the investors would put more money in if it was required and would take the company to the next level. He also told me that John Lennon was going to be released imminently and that, having trusted him for so long already, I should just trust him a little bit longer.

I remember asking whether it was his wife that was this new investor because I felt you could only offer a deal that good to someone you loved. He denied this was the case.

Doubtless I am too easily misled but I left Hong Kong agreeing to trust Vijay a little bit longer and see John Lennon released.

Communication improved for a short period of time although in hindsight now I’m not sure how much of what I was being told was completely accurate.

Communication deteriorated shortly after that again though as John Lennon’s release date was once more delayed.

Much more happened during this time which I won’t go into here but in the middle of 2018 Vijay wanted more funds again and said that this would reduce my shareholding in the company drastically.

He also claimed at that point that the investor who he said had put in $500k actually owned 50% of the business. I said this was not the case and not what he had told me but he claimed it was.

We had very heated arguments and email exchanges during this time and at the end of it I was more than a little tired of the whole thing.

I said that if he wanted to reduce my shareholding he could do so but only after my investment had been repaid. I said that actually, if I could recoup my investment he could take my shareholding and I would walk away from the company and happily never see him again.

I got a one line reply in an email to that, and this is quoted exactly from that email:

Q, as of now 100% of the business will go to the investors. They will pay back outstanding investors as the business allows.

I replied back that if he tried to do this I felt it was fraud and I would take the only action that was left to me.

I flew out to see him in LA at that time, surprising him at his home on a Sunday morning. He initially refused to talk to me, telling me that I should have had enough respect to call him first.

Eventually we did talk and he claimed that he had been let down by everyone and was now having to do things almost by himself. He said he wanted to go back to the way we set out and work with me together for everything. I am ashamed to admit that I believed this, perhaps because I was so desperate to try to make things work.

I still had no idea of all that had been done and how much money the company owed to so many people at that point though.

This was when Vijay asked if he could have European returns sent to the restaurant address and as I said, at the time I didn’t see anything wrong with that.

He also asked me to take over on European sales as he said the time difference from LA made it very difficult for him to do so.

I returned back to the UK and started making calls and sending emails out to companies. I started to hear stories back about how things were being handled, poor customer service and was not happy with any of it.

I spoke to Vijay about this and also about changing our policy for ordering online. I said that we needed to go back to Paypal rather than Shopify and needed to take 20% deposits on orders rather than the whole amount upfront.

He disagreed but I would not leave it at that. After about 10 minutes of trying to convince him of what to me seemed to be plainly obvious, he told me that he had listened enough, he had tried to be polite but that he was still the CEO and that he had made his decision.

It was at the point that I realised that nothing really had changed and likely never would.

When the news from Vimal and K A Kim broke I called Vijay and told him that I thought his position had become untenable and he had to step down. He still refused

It was then that I decided I had to take other action and shortly after that I made my post here requesting any information that anyone could provide.

There may be more information here than is wise for me to disclose at this juncture but I can substantiate everything that I have said so I believe that I am on solid ground legally.

One last note, I am not saying it is not so but I still to this day have not seen any evidence of $500k being put into the company by a new investor.

A little bit more info on all of this for those that are interested. This is more personal between Vijay and me than it is of the conduct of M8 towards artists, employees and companies though.

The shareholding between Vijay and I was always supposed to be equal however in early 2017 Vijay told me that he had to take in another investor for $500k because I no longer had funds to invest.

He told me that this investor had been promised 50% of US profits for this. I was outraged, I asked how it made sense that we had invested $2 Million and he was giving away 50% of this for $500k?

He said, it was only 50% of US profits but to me that still felt outrageous as the US was the biggest market. I flew, with my friend the other original investor, to see him in Hong Kong and speak to him in person as he had become increasingly difficult to pin down any other way.

Vijay was staying in a very nice 5 star hotel in Mong Kok at the time, our hotels were considerably more downmarket.

I confronted him about what was going on, he seemed surprised that I was angry. He explained that the investors would put more money in if it was required and would take the company to the next level. He also told me that John Lennon was going to be released imminently and that, having trusted him for so long already, I should just trust him a little bit longer.

I remember asking whether it was his wife that was this new investor because I felt you could only offer a deal that good to someone you loved. He denied this was the case.

Doubtless I am too easily misled but I left Hong Kong agreeing to trust Vijay a little bit longer and see John Lennon released.

Communication improved for a short period of time although in hindsight now I’m not sure how much of what I was being told was completely accurate.

Communication deteriorated shortly after that again though as John Lennon’s release date was once more delayed.

Much more happened during this time which I won’t go into here but in the middle of 2018 Vijay wanted more funds again and said that this would reduce my shareholding in the company drastically.

He also claimed at that point that the investor who he said had put in $500k actually owned 50% of the business. I said this was not the case and not what he had told me but he claimed it was.

We had very heated arguments and email exchanges during this time and at the end of it I was more than a little tired of the whole thing.

I said that if he wanted to reduce my shareholding he could do so but only after my investment had been repaid. I said that actually, if I could recoup my investment he could take my shareholding and I would walk away from the company and happily never see him again.

I got a one line reply in an email to that, and this is quoted exactly from that email:

Q, as of now 100% of the business will go to the investors. They will pay back outstanding investors as the business allows.

I replied back that if he tried to do this I felt it was fraud and I would take the only action that was left to me.

I flew out to see him in LA at that time, surprising him at his home on a Sunday morning. He initially refused to talk to me, telling me that I should have had enough respect to call him first.

Eventually we did talk and he claimed that he had been let down by everyone and was now having to do things almost by himself. He said he wanted to go back to the way we set out and work with me together for everything. I am ashamed to admit that I believed this, perhaps because I was so desperate to try to make things work.

I still had no idea of all that had been done and how much money the company owed to so many people at that point though.

This was when Vijay asked if he could have European returns sent to the restaurant address and as I said, at the time I didn’t see anything wrong with that.

He also asked me to take over on European sales as he said the time difference from LA made it very difficult for him to do so.

I returned back to the UK and started making calls and sending emails out to companies. I started to hear stories back about how things were being handled, poor customer service and was not happy with any of it.

I spoke to Vijay about this and also about changing our policy for ordering online. I said that we needed to go back to Paypal rather than Shopify and needed to take 20% deposits on orders rather than the whole amount upfront.

He disagreed but I would not leave it at that. After about 10 minutes of trying to convince him of what to me seemed to be plainly obvious, he told me that he had listened enough, he had tried to be polite but that he was still the CEO and that he had made his decision.

It was at the point that I realised that nothing really had changed and likely never would.

When the news from Vimal and K A Kim broke I called Vijay and told him that I thought his position had become untenable and he had to step down. He still refused

It was then that I decided I had to take other action and shortly after that I made my post here requesting any information that anyone could provide.

There may be more information here than is wise for me to disclose at this juncture but I can substantiate everything that I have said so I believe that I am on solid ground legally.

One last note, I am not saying it is not so but I still to this day have not seen any evidence of $500k being put into the company by a new investor.

Text book scam artist tactics....

So sorry man. Have you though of taking him to court? Seem he should account directly to his investors on how and where the monies paid were spent.

5 star hotels indeed.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Text book scam artist tactics....

So sorry man. Have you though of taking him to court? Seem he should account directly to his investors on how and where the monies paid were spent.

5 star hotels indeed.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Definitely looking to take this to court. It was the reason for my initial post here, to reach out to anyone that had any info that might be useful and it has been very helpful.

I may need to prove fraud against him though because otherwise it is too easy to just bankrupt the company and walk away. I believe I have enough now to be able to do this though.

Tqumer, I salute you for sharing with everyone so openly. Collectors can be emotional but no one has their money tied into the company, "SKIN IN THE GAME " and probably cannot feel
the pain both emotionally and financially you are going through.

As they say, karma is a __. Hang in there sir.

Last edited:
Tqumer, I salute you for sharing with everyone so openly. Collectors can be emotional but no one has their money tied into the company and probably cannot feel
the pain both emotionally and financially you are going through.

As they say, karma is a __. Hang in there sir.

Thank you very much for your message of support. I intend to get justice out of this one way or another, its not something that I can let go.

Thank you very much for your message of support. I intend to get justice out of this one way or another, its not something that I can let go.

You're not getting justice by conversing with people on a message board, go knock down some doors.

Man, this thread... wow.
You just don't know what is and what isn't true anymore...

Anyway, I hope this gets solved at some point, but I highly doubt it.

Can't wait for the Molecule 9 Taxi Driver figure to go up for pre-order...I think David Fincher's next movie should be the "Toy Network" written by Aaron Sorkin with Jesse Eisenberg starring as Vijay and Andrew Garfield as Tquemer...the part where Tquemer catches him in the luxury hotel in Hong Kong will be classic!

Tqumer - Thank you for clearing up a lot of things and letting us know the in's and outs.

A question for you - if you could take control get everyone paid artist etc would you rebrand the name and wipe Vijay involvement? I mean Molecule8 if Vijay had not done this could of taken off in a very big way.

There's a huge gap in the market which is what got us interested, the body and endo weren't really needed but the license side of things was a huge yes! I'm curious to find out what would happen if Vijay stepped down?

Also according to a personal FB message Wonka is happening do you know anything about Wonka at this point to save more people paying out for something that might be lies?

Last edited:
Back