Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

My comment had nothing to do about "delivering"... it was in response to their 3-day return policy. That is what I meant by 'continues to astound' in its unstoppable run for Worst Company of the year.

Well, again respectfully, you are incorrect. I bought a figure and considered returning it. I wrote M8 and their reply was that as long as the box was unopened, I could return it (after over a week of having received it). What you are referring to in your 3 day post was a situation where something was missing from the box, right?

The horse is out of the barn. The figure is out. Some like it, some don’t. The company did come through on their promise. I hope they have learned from this first experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Well, again respectfully, you are incorrect. I bought a figure and considered returning it. I wrote M8 and their reply was that as long as the box was unopened, I could return it (after over a week of having received it). What you are referring to in your 3 day post was a situation where something was missing from the box, right?

Wait, so how am I incorrect when I'm responding to a poster's comment about an issue he is reporting? Are you saying he too is incorrect? So either M8's response to him is incorrect, or you agree that a 3-day returns policy is alright.

Here, just as a refresher:

So who all was aware Molecule8 has a 3-DAY replacement/return policy? I don't recall reading it anywhere, but I am absolutely floored. I've been dealing with a family loss for the past several weeks, so a collectible is not a priority. But for anyone still awaiting this, know that you have a ridiculously narrow window to return or get any issues straightened out.

Here's my exchange with their "customer service" (if that's what you'd call it):

ME:

Attn: Adam Everest

Hi Adam,

I received my John Lennon figure a couple of weeks ago, but it was missing the green army jacket (photos attached). Please provide a replacement.
ALSO: Are there any plans to rerun the heads at proper scale? I'm sure you've heard from various purchasers that the head is way too small (not to mention the lack of detail in the hair). For the most part this is a good 1st release, but the underscaled head sculpts and guitar are the major complaints on the collecting forums and among reviewers. Although I know it might not be popular with some collectors, I would be willing to pay extra for correctly scaled, solid quality replacement head sculpts.

My paypal transaction information is below, along with my shipping address. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
######

M8CS:

Dear #####,

The figure was delivered on 7/16/18 and it has been over 2 weeks of receiving your package. We do not honor replacements for orders that has been long passed the grace period of 3 days as our product is limited and made to order.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,
Adam

Last edited:

Sending out figures for review is all well and good but it's all going to be very short lived if they don't pull put their socks on costumer care and PR. I'm seeing too much short term thinking on behalf of M8.

I posted this on the Asmus Legolas page. I was assembling my Legolas weeks if not months later than most. I got the one with the troll head. I broke a chunk out of the middle of the boot pushing his leg into it. I emailed Asmus about it. They asked for my info and a picture. After receiving they sent out a replacement free of charge. Now that is good customer service. It's ridiculous that M8 will not replace a part that was missing from the set. As far as I'm concerned there is no defense of it.

So who all was aware Molecule8 has a 3-DAY replacement/return policy? I don't recall reading it anywhere, but I am absolutely floored. I've been dealing with a family loss for the past several weeks, so a collectible is not a priority. But for anyone still awaiting this, know that you have a ridiculously narrow window to return or get any issues straightened out.

Here's my exchange with their "customer service" (if that's what you'd call it):

ME:

Attn: Adam Everest

Hi Adam,

I received my John Lennon figure a couple of weeks ago, but it was missing the green army jacket (photos attached). Please provide a replacement.
ALSO: Are there any plans to rerun the heads at proper scale? I'm sure you've heard from various purchasers that the head is way too small (not to mention the lack of detail in the hair). For the most part this is a good 1st release, but the underscaled head sculpts and guitar are the major complaints on the collecting forums and among reviewers. Although I know it might not be popular with some collectors, I would be willing to pay extra for correctly scaled, solid quality replacement head sculpts.

My paypal transaction information is below, along with my shipping address. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
######

M8CS:

Dear #####,

The figure was delivered on 7/16/18 and it has been over 2 weeks of receiving your package. We do not honor replacements for orders that has been long passed the grace period of 3 days as our product is limited and made to order.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,
Adam

ME:
Seriously? That is a ridiculous and unprofessional policy. No other collectibles company I know of has a “3-day” policy. I don’t even understand the logic of it. What do you think, that somehow I’m going to try to get a spare jacket? For what reason I have no idea. This was an error on your “QC” department, provided there is one. Heck, I could even see if you had a policy that stated “it has been more than 30 days so we have to charge you $xyz for a replacement” but a 3-day “sorry we screwed up but that’s your problem” is insane and inane.
Just a word of advice to relay to the owners: this type of treatment is not going to earn you any good will or loyalty from customers, especially following the release of a first product with a number of issues and countless delays. You delay a product for 6-10 months and then expect a customer to respond to you within 3 days? The irony is laughable. I do not know if spending $3-$4 to ship a missing piece is really worth it, but it doesn’t reflect well on your approach to customer service. I spend roughly $10,000/year on collectibles, and I belong to several collecting forums and Facebook groups. This is not to say that I will not buy another Molecule8 piece, although I have no current plans to buy Wonka, but I will certainly not go out of my way or give you the benefit of the doubt in the future. I can live without the bloody jacket or find one parted out in the future if I really need one. But I would have thought as a company who should value and respect every customer, Molecule8 would have said something along the lines of “we apologize for our oversight, we will send you the missing jacket within the next few days.” This is called “making good” which is what most companies do. Good grief.

If you’re in the UK, the law states that you have 14 days to return unwanted goods and 30 days to return or have replaced faulty goods. This would fall into the latter so you are within your rights to quote the law on this one.

I posted this on the Asmus Legolas page. I was assembling my Legolas weeks if not months later than most. I got the one with the troll head. I broke a chunk out of the middle of the boot pushing his leg into it. I emailed Asmus about it. They asked for my info and a picture. After receiving they sent out a replacement free of charge. Now that is good customer service. It's ridiculous that M8 will not replace a part that was missing from the set. As far as I'm concerned there is no defense of it.

...and what did it cost Asmus, and what do they get for their trouble... fair enough to say it cost them little and got them a happy customer likely to buy more of their product.

I was considering getting this until i read about nexus experience and the 3 day policy.

Yea they delivered a product, fraught with delays, outright lies and miscommunication.

The figure is mediocre (not the promised revolutionary item claimed.)

It did not come with all the promised
Items. piano?

It did not come with the promised skeleton body.

It did not come complete. (attach the patches yourself!!! For 300?!?)

And the return/exchange policy is a joke.

Wor Gar is correct....worst company of the year. They have alot to learn about treating customers with respect.

I know 1/6 collectors are an OCD bunch who buy stuff on a whim....but this level of “service” from a company makes SSC’s pathetic excuse for CS look great.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Does anyone have recommendations on an extra body for this figure?

For the record, they never promised a piano was included (teased it as a separate accessory which will probably never be released), don't understand why some insist to use that to put them down.

However they "DID" promise that choker necklace which they didn't deliver on. Rip them on that instead.
In exchange we got the guitar so give and take.

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I’m on the lookout for an extra body as well..

I’ll tell you one thing though; I had an old TTM body that I have used temporarily with the purple jacket outfit, and he looks pretty good! I think because the thickness of the jacket..

Btw, because of the two sculpts and two (good) outfits included, I now have two good Lennons. Math tells me $150 each. As for having to add the patches, and adjusting neck size...not a problem at all [emoji4]

I’m going to add a brown Les Paul and red Japanese riot helmet to get a Willowbrook one to one concert look. Plan to post pictures when complete...

For me, it’s “Let It Be” with this company. No amount of rips will change anything. I’ve got a good figure from them, I’m happy and I’m done with them. Easy as that. And for those still on the fence (if there are any), they can read back through these one thousand pages and make a decision..lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some here were so confident they were a scam and they just weren't. It's a good figure. In some ways it feels more luxury than a Hot Toy but other things keep it from being a home run.

At $300 you're going to want to compare it to a DX though, rather than the bog-standard MMS.

I was considering getting this until i read about nexus experience and the 3 day policy.

Other than the underscaled head sculpt and guitar, it's not a bad figure and can look nice on display. They just have a terrible policy that was not communicated. If you do get one just open, inspect and inventory immediately because the clock will be ticking.

At $300 you're going to want to compare it to a DX though, rather than the bog-standard MMS.

Standard figures are starting to get up there, now that they increased the die cast tax so that Iron Mans are $400+ figures.

I got my figure yesterday and I think its pretty good.

Gonna just buy a new body for the army jacket look rather then remove the clothes and rip the current one.

All in all I think its a pretty nice figure but seriously not a fan of the body. Its nice that its so heavy but that's about it.

Feels like a Stretch Armstrong doll soft and squishy and a little fat. Slim type body should work fine.

In some ways it feels more luxury than a Hot Toy but other things keep it from being a home run.

In what ways does it feel more luxury than a Hot Toys figure?

Don't have the figure but what bugs me is all of the better looking photos the head is looking down to hide the long neck. I can't imagine (haha) preordering another M8 figure before seeing it in hand after this one. If their price point was a little lower I'd understand, but 2 outfits and 2 heads but only 1 ill fitting body (or 2 ill fitting heads) doesn't sound like $300 well spent.

Agreed!

In what ways does it feel more luxury than a Hot Toys figure?

I'm not saying it is but it does have slightly more classy high-end feel with the very Apple like packaging and the presentation. Maybe because it's John Lennon too that gives it a more upmarket feel. The weight of the figure, the guitar, the actual lensed glasses and the well thought out base is all very high-end in feel. It's not better than a Hot Toys DX but it feels like it might be and if they pulled up their socks in one or two areas, they might be eventually.

Back