Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

3 day return policy? This company is the worst. They make you wait months and months for the figure, lie about it, and then give you a 3 day return policy? I'd ship that **** back with a cobra, a scorpion, and a recluse spider in the box.

Sounds like a goos case for the Better Business Buearu.

Start their profile off with a bang.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I'm really not going to worry about it from here as it's not worth the time or aggravation. The figure has its problems and it has its pluses (I'd give it a 3/5), and I'll figure out a resolution on my own. I mostly just wanted to inform anyone who still has this coming that there is a 3-day policy, which was never communicated at least in the emails I received. Cheers.

Despite having an undersized head, I think it’s a great figure, and the perception changes a lot in hand. With the right pose, the neck issue can be hidden easily.

950e17d0624589af3ddbaac765209585.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

:clap

Great pic. The green's a bit dull, but the Korean War jacket is "the" look for the figure.

I definitely will for you bud! I’ll put it in my custom thread and pm you once it’s there. It’s weird as I’m the only person I know got one too, I never even got a note from Denny it was out. First one he never sent info about for me. I got it off of eBay on one of those days where you get a 20%off promo code and shaved off a hundred bucks which knocked it back to the original price but wirh shipping included.

Yeah like the issues are totally not justifiable for the price.

I forgot to mention I did a few paint tweaks. Like with most CK sculpts the technical paint job is great but they miss the bit about likeness that comes from a paint job that I find many painters with great skill overlook.

I found I was able to radically transform lee van cleef, Gibson braveheart, Jesse, Jules and even help Pesci our a bit with very minimal paint application tweaks.

So I enhanced his eye bags and cheek bone area to bring out maximum Pacino. It helps but when you stack it against the Michael Corleone or the entrrbay Scarface you can tell it suffers a bit in likeness.

I feel he has that same problem that Jules and Vincent had and that’s the underside and distorted casting. The bridge of his nose is super thin and it throws off the likeness.

Sorry about the detail folks, I know this is the Lennon thread!

Can you post a link to your custom thread? Can't seem to find it.

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I received my figure today and it’s as everyone has previously described. Some minuses but a lot of pluses.

I can’t seem to figure out how to slide his glasses on without forcing them (and I don’t want to break them). For anyone that’s already received their figure, do I have to trim the glasses, or do they fit underneath his hair as they are...

Update: Never mind...I figured out that the hair lifts up to slide glasses underneath. Certainly different that the hair lifts up like that. First time I’ve come across something like that..

Except for his broken left wrist, he looks great! :lol

Just kidding, looks really cool, congrats.

Lol...he broke it trying to keep Yoko from joining in :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well im happy with how it displays as it is but if i felt it was not sitting correctly or was unsecure id probably buy some small flat magnet disks and glue one inside the head hole so it would snap onto the metal neck peg. Thanks for watching my videos by the way. And i also did both head sculpts so both sit lower now

Hey Clipper,

Just a quick update. I took the head plugs out like you did (took a while), and that look was great. I then got a flat magnet disc to put inside the head, but it would not attach to the metal neck peg. There must not be enough metal in the neck peg. What I ended up doing is shaving the top of the head plug further down and placing it back deep into the head. Now it looks fine and I also have the head snapped solidly in.

I got my sample this morning. Its not quite the revolution we were hyped about but there is defo a lot to like here. The proportions are little odd as I feel the head is too small but the over all look is great and the figure feels really high quality. Lots more to say on this so full review on the next episode of the HotToycast.

M8 continues its astounding track record for the WORST FIGURE COMPANY of 2018 Award.

I see no competition anywhere near this fiasco of a shop. It's the one thing they excel at.

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

M8 continues its astounding track record for the WORST FIGURE COMPANY of 2018 Award.

I see no competition anywhere near this fiasco of a shop. It's the one thing they excel at.

Well, all due respect to you Wor Gar, you are incorrect. Your comment states “continues”. Actually, M8 delivered. It was a long and winding road, I agree. But they DID deliver, after being called a scam. They can’t be the worst [emoji4] because they are not a scam. Now, how good the figure is is debatable, and one of opinion. Bottom line, they delivered.

Well a scam can't be nominated for "Worst Figure Company"...

This bunch delivered a product to consumers, so they can call themselves a company.

And they delivered it so badly throughout, so mind-numbingly incompetently on so many levels, that they deserve a front-runner nomination.

Well a scam can't be nominated for "Worst Figure Company"...

This bunch delivered a product to consumers, so they can call themselves a company.

And they delivered it so badly throughout, so mind-numbingly incompetently on so many levels, that they deserve a front-runner nomination.

Yes but they also went out of the way to send free figure's to reviewer's to side with the long delayed release after to Sell product. Best thing they done and hopefully learned stay silent until Final products done n ready. Long as keep it simple skip overpriced metal endo body and stick to perfecting paint n sculpt and clothe's & release date's. Delays are expected just be honest simple. Moving on to Wonka we need oompa loompa's add them as another release people will want to buy them LIKE a 2 or 3 pack would be Perfect imo.

My comment had nothing to do about "delivering"... it was in response to their 3-day return policy. That is what I meant by 'continues to astound' in its unstoppable run for Worst Company of the year.

Back